4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 1:51 PM by codchamp RSS

The power of Combat Training!

I've noticed a number of threads by early release players complaining about BO2 gameplay, the connection stability and of course the dreaded quickscoping. But am I the only one that's going to be hitting Combat Training hard to avoid the first weeks inevitable crapfest?

I'll  be hitting CT probably most of this week in order to learn the maps, spawns, weapons and perk system prior to going online. Spending time on CT while the multiplayer servers are breaking in/optimising for me is a very productive way to get good at the games new mechanics stress free as opposed to jumping straight in while any connection issues are present. Also most experienced COD players know that the multiplayer element tends to be slower/more infuriating due to everyone playing conservatively. And I finally get the opportunity to learn how to use sniper guns and try this QS stuff. There's something about the Ballista that has made me interested in learning how to snipe properly and now I have the opportunity to learn without worrying about affecting teammates during a live game. But mainly it means I won't spit on a snipers body when I'm low on ammo and looking for a "valid" weapon to pick up.

So If you hate being QS'd well spend some time getting good at it via CT and show them how it's really done. If your already raging at the game due to connection, spawns, QSing etc, well try hitting up CT and learn the mechanics until things stabilise.  You'll only get better by doing so and have a lower blood pressure.

PS - I hope Treyarc have continued to make it possible to watch recorded games from the leaderboards (via Combat Record like in BO1) because I found it to be good practice to evaluate the occasional game from the top leaderboards. It's also fun to catch them boosting and reporting them too (as was often the case unfortunately! ).

• Re: The power of Combat Training!
    codchamp

I can see where you are coming from. Playing without friends gets boring real fast. Instead i plan on jumping right in and start poopin on kids right away

Haha not everyones a "codchamp" though! Especially judging by the number of complaint threads.

codchamp

Honestly i think complaint threads are created by kids that are bad at the game. They look for any excuse why they are not having consistent 2.00+ k/d every game. You have to factor in learning all the maps, weapons and perks associated with any new cod game. All these factors combined make anyone running solo rage imo.

When i get the game tonight, i am going to do some combat training. Once i have a few to play with online, i will then venture in to the regualr MP side. When you have a full party that you are se to playing with, it makes the learning curve much easier.

otisman666

It's not a bad concept.  While I will get the game tonight or tomrrow, I have some crappy work stuff that is going to leave me little if any time to play over the next few days.  By that time CODCHAMP and the rest of my crew will be well on their way to their 2nd prestige.  I might hang out in CT for at least one or two nights to get the hang of things, then play catch up.

Hey, doesn't CT give you XP now?