16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 8:45 PM by Izjar11 RSS

Recieved early copy nothing impressive

Is it better than Black Ops : Yes
Is the connection better than Black Ops : No , hitmarker central (keep in mind this before pre-release so its going to get worse)
Weapon handling: no effort needed all guns have little to no recoil so adding attachements make them all the same basically*
Killstreaks: Well balanced you really do not stay alive long enough to rack up big kills highest so far me is a 25 killstreak
Spawn: Worst yet you'll find when you kill 1 guy somebody else is near or maybe even 2 or 3 also found when I spawn Im killed pretty quick

Graphics: The maps look like your playing spiderman ( the cartoon type version)

Maps: Multi levels maps ( upper , lower levels etc) and billions of little pointless rooms and tunnels theres more rooms than there is open space so be prepared for people not to move because they do not

What do I think?

A like what they are trying to do but for me personally I find I get pretty frustrated when guys are spawning so close to me when I spawn or I just spawn and somebody comes up behind me literaly 5 secs after I have respawned

* you now have the option to change the firemode from auto-matic to burst fire with SMG's and probably Assault Rifles too

• Re: Recieved early copy nothing impressive
    ChestSplittah

Ohhh crap!!!! You do know Treyarch was making Spiderman. I'll reserve my comments until I put it in my console.

Doesn't lag typically improve when there are more players online? More people online equals more available connections that match your own type.

I didn't expect the spawns to be bad though, I thought they used a 3 second rule this time over where you spawn at least 3 seconds away from the action. But in reality this doesn't turn out to work very well?

How are the maps visually wise. Is it easy to seperate environment/bushes/debris/rubble from players or does it become a cluster**** of graphics?

No its gets worse think of it like this :

Your watching youtube during the day ( WOW video never buffered once)
      Your watching youtube around tea time when everybodys in from work ( videos start to buffer)

Imagine that but on a peer to peer to connection when the servers sorting out playlists , then deciding a host , then directing everybody to that host to share there connection x a billion

Ave seen me rush to the other end of the map and guys have literally spawned round the corner from me but Im watching them if you know what a mean then bam there dead before they even hit the action

Graphics/Textures are really poor they look like borderlines type graphics where they look cartoony almost

Its hard to distingusth players when there hiding in rooms

maccabi

glasgow-sparky wrote:

No its gets worse think of it like this :

Your watching youtube during the day ( WOW video never buffered once)
        Your watching youtube around tea time when everybodys in from work ( videos start to buffer)

Imagine that but on a peer to peer to connection when the servers sorting out playlists , then deciding a host , then directing everybody to that host to share there connection x a billion

Ave seen me rush to the other end of the map and guys have literally spawned round the corner from me but Im watching them if you know what a mean then bam there dead before they even hit the action

Graphics/Textures are really poor they look like borderlines type graphics where they look cartoony almost

Its hard to distingusth players when there hiding in rooms

Theres less than 10k players who have the game (this should start increasing now as the aus/nz players just had their midnight launches.

This is why the connections are bad theres a tiny player base spread around the world so you're comments about connections are completely wrong. (as is how you described how the game works which isnt p2p btw)

Sorry i have played a ton of blops2 over the months and imo  the maps look flipping fantasic , theres so much detail and yes they do have a much larger color pallette than blops1 , in fact this weekend at #BlackOps2Live I kept dying as i was running around and stopping to look at stuff.

..never had any problems finding players in rooms, bar one map where theres low lighting in a few places. which should be there as its in keeping with the map design.

End of the day "glasgow-sparky" is entitled to his/her opinion. While the lag is always subjective the other points aren't lag related so not sure you need to try and burn him, he's just offering his opinion based on what's been seen so far

maccabi

xXKingKongxX wrote:

End of the day "glasgow-sparky" is entitled to his/her opinion. While the lag is always subjective the other points aren't lag related so not sure you need to try and burn him, he's just offering his opinion based on what's been seen so far

and all i did was reply with my opinions i said in regards to the maps "imo" and im sorry but i do totally disagree with his view as is my right. i was trying to burn him.

its worth noting nearly everyone who got to play the game early said the same thing the maps look amazing

Take the train level for example it looks like a cartoon once people start playing it they will see for themseleves

http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20120927/codblops2e_23555.jpg

So you have been playing BO2 for "months" so that makes you an expert in what everybodys opinions should be ?

Course its peer to peer your only connecting to the server to download your player profile and then the server redirects you to a suitable host

We all know the consoles versions do not have dedicated servers ... So what else can it be because there only is peer to peer left?

Ask your internet provider for traffic analysis for when your online on COD and they'll soon inform you its an ovbious peer to peer connection because its jumps up and down depending on the host

BanHaMMer

I have that problem too, I like to look at stuff Well, at least I know there's more than one of me

T-boss

doesnt work like that. that is a excuse for longer machmaking but the way MM works, or should work it would take less time to find a good connection game. it will take more time to check every game but less to find one.  connection will likly improve.  3arc is currently using server updates and prepping as a excuse atm.

T-boss

3 seconds will help but not very much on small maps. on medium maps and up you will need 5 seconds+

Izjar11

Is it better than Black Ops : Yes
    Is the connection better than Black Ops : No , hitmarker central (keep in mind this before pre-release so its going to get worse)
    Weapon handling: no effort needed all guns have little to no recoil so adding attachements make them all the same basically*
    Killstreaks: Well balanced you really do not stay alive long enough to rack up big kills highest so far me is a 25 killstreak
    Spawn: Worst yet you'll find when you kill 1 guy somebody else is near or maybe even 2 or 3 also found when I spawn Im killed pretty quick

Graphics: The maps look like your playing spiderman ( the cartoon type version)

Maps: Multi levels maps ( upper , lower levels etc) and billions of little pointless rooms and tunnels theres more rooms than there is open space so be prepared for people not to move because they do not

Your view is valid as a user of the game, but wait till others are playing and then complain. Telling this to us who haven't played is weak. One big complaint.

A like what they are trying to do but for me personally I find I get pretty frustrated when guys are spawning so close to me when I spawn or I just spawn and somebody comes up behind me literaly 5 secs after I have respawned

So the revenge spawn system is still in the game. Good.

Guy nothing against you, but this is what I expected from weak players, whinnying and complaining. Instead of figuring things out and waiting for actual release of the game you come here and show nothing more than the usual.

LOL I like the way people are trying to justify the game will be good when they don't even have it, just flame someone you has experienced the multiplayer

I have to agree with you, the game is not in full effect, your not getting the true experience. wait for everyone to get on, then we will see all the little problems, and from there 3arc will fix accordingly... these kids think that its just suppose to be perfect out of the box

Had the game since Saturday btw (UK) so its not like I have "just got it" as for the weak player comment you make me LOL my k/d is over 2.5 which is better than average but I do not pride myself on being good at call duty lmao

The "experience" is suppose to be fun and enjoyable well its not its a just rehash of stupid spawns and terrible hit detection

The game itself is good like the killstreaks , perks  guns but as I have already says they spent a year on the looks and not the engine because its basically black ops all over again and its not even officially out yet (on PS3 theres about 40,000 online)

"I predict the younger generation will not move because of the spawn which then leads to groups of people hiding in rooms"

Remember that launch day when your controller is smashed inside your TV because its not enjoyable

Izjar11

I have "just got it" as for the weak player comment you make me LOL my k/d is over 2.5 which is better than average but I do not pride myself on being good at call duty lmao

ahhhh strong in statistics, but low KD in patients. Its cool.

The "experience" is suppose to be fun and enjoyable well its not its a just rehash of stupid spawns and terrible hit detection

the experience is not the game guy! Its how you "use" the game to accomplish a good experience. Was this never explained to you?

The game itself is good like the killstreaks , perks  guns but as I have already says they spent a year on the looks and not the engine because its basically black ops all over again and its not even officially out yet (on PS3 theres about 40,000 online)

Wow 40,000.00 its allot, didn't expect that high number. And were you wanting another version of black ops or a all new same black ops? hahaha thats why they call it II (2) Two! Its a continuation of the first!.

"I predict the younger generation will not move because of the spawn which then leads to groups of people hiding in rooms"

Wait, what happened to the anti UAV locating people because they are still thing, was that a joke? haha.

Remember that launch day when your controller is smashed inside your TV because its not enjoyable

Self control isn't easily taught, did you know that?