1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 8:48 PM by NZL_Sean RSS

"Text prohibited due to profanity" | ITT: Idiotic usage of the profanity filter.

So, in "Create A Class" when I want to rename a class to "Support" it won't let me.

Says that the word is "profane".

Anyone want to tell me how in the nine hells the word "Support" is considered profane?

Here's an excerpt from "Dictionary.com" on the etymology of the word:

sup·port [suh-pawrt, -pohrt]

1. to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for.

2. to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for.

3. to undergo or endure, especially with patience or submission; tolerate.

4. to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal.

5. to maintain (a person, family, establishment, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: to support a family.

[Citation: dictionary.reference.com/browse/support]

I don't mean to kick up a fuss over nothing (well, i do, otherwise i wouldnt have posted this thread) but it just seems idiotic that common words and phrases that aren't inherently profane get caught by the filter.

Anyone else have any trouble with the stupid filter settings catching words that aren't profane, post in this thread.