48 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 4:06 PM by TightNinja1 RSS

Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

okay i don't know how many people play hardcore anymore but i know a lot of people who just play HC now what i don't understand is why treyarch  just focuses on core and doesnt worry about their hardcore players. what i don't understand is why treyarch doens't mirror the core gametypes like domination ctf headquarters snd demolition kill confirmed like all of the core gametypes and make those gametypes available for hardcore players like every call of duty they always limit the hardcore players to only a few gametypes why not give the players variety and more oppurtunities in hardcore yeah it's harder but that's what makes it a challenge. COME ON TREYARCH DON'T JUST FOCUS ON CORE BECAUSE YOU DO HAVE A LOT OF PLAYERS THAT PLAY HARDCORE. GIVE THEM VARIETY!!!

 

Message was edited by: CHAAOSS

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
    Tick7

    They give hardcore players game types that work well in Hardcore.

     

    Some game types just don't work that well, period.

     

    For example - Treyarch gave us hardcore dom. Did it work? Absolutely not. The mode was a joke.

     

    Also - hardcore is a small percentage of players compared to the larger population of CoD players. As a result, they are allocated a specific server space for hardcore game modes. That means you are restricted to the number of playlists that you see in hardcore - recall Black Ops adding new game modes, but having to do a HC Bombs and HC Flags playlist.

     

    Why waste resources on a small percentage of players, when there are so many more players playing in so many other different playlists?

     

    If more people played hardcore, then they would get more server / resource allocation.

    • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
      Tick7

      And honestly, I used to only be a hardcore player. Black Ops = HC HQ, only thing I played.

       

      But the hardcore community has ruined hardcore. Camping, sitting in corners lying down ADSing, noob tubes, explosives, etc.

       

      The hardcore players are ridiculous, so I'm glad that they don't get everything the core players get. They deserve what they get and don't get.

       

      You might think it's cool that HC gets EVERY single playlist that core gets, but the truth is you will likely be sitting in lobbies waiting 5-10 minutes for a match because the hc population is spread so thin.

      • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

        yeah that' is true but look at black ops 2 now you say camping nube tubes that's pretty much gone in hardcore for now. yeah i know that's it's a small population but it's still one none the less. im just saying add more gametypes uav's are easier to get and camping is pretty much gone that's why they made ghost the way it is. and nube tubes are gone from hc. all im saying is that's give us hc headquarts that was fun in blackk ops because it's all me and my friends plays now they take that away. they only have tdm s&d ctf and ffa i belief they are some good gametypes that would work well like demolition its fast headquarters just have what they had in black ops and add those same gametypes in black ops 2 and just add one or more gametypes if they give people more gametypes to choose from in hc more people have the oppurtunity to play their favorite games from core in hc

        • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
          Tick7

          Camping is pretty much gone? Have you played hardcore? First game of HC TDM I played and nobody moved. We didn't even get to 50 kills.

           

          If people wanted to play core, they would play core. But they don't, so they stay away from it. For good reason. I'm apart of a gaming community that has over 1200 people, and roughly 30% of our community was hardcore players. That number has shrunk to around 13% over the last year because people just don't like HC anymore.

           

          Nothing has changed in HC. It's still the skilless players, relying on spray and pray, explosives, and camping.

           

          It's. Not. Fun.

           

          That's why people don't play it. As a result of that, that's why Treyarch isn't allocating a significant part of their server resources to the hardocre playlist. Which is the way it should be.

          • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

            in any new game nobody will ever move. right now its where everybody is trying to get a really good kill death ratio. their is not one person who just doesn't care about their kd. when i first bought black ops i was playing hardcore and nobody would move everybody was in a corner and this was nuketown. when the game progresses and a month into the game everybody will be more active and move around. i have been playing hc for a long time and yeah sometimes people spray and pray but it doesn't happen often you will have the same amount of people spraying and praying in core as much as hc.

          • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
            kemicalsupreme

            Tick, you are a negative nancy.  A debbie downer.  I have not read one post of you'res that is positive.  Your always pooping on people.  I hope you are banned sooner than later.

            • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
              Tick7

              kemicalsupreme wrote:

               

              Tick, you are a negative nancy.  A debbie downer.  I have not read one post of you'res that is positive. 

               

              Other than the thread dedicated to me praising the game in a few hundred words?

               

              My 9.5 out of 10 review thread? lol

               

              I'm a negative nancy to people that I think are being unreasonable or are hating without cause.

               

              I love this game on the other hand, so am definitely not a negative nancy. Sorry you feel that way mate

              • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
                jaydyn119

                9.5/10? Yeah right! That isnt even close. Im giving it a 2/10 I dont care if there are 500 HC Players. We still play it. We pay the same amount as you. Im so happy I didnt waste money on the Season Pass also the hardened edition and care package. And you say it is so they can have more servers for core? Yeah because these servers are so good. HAHAHA Laughable. This game is trash until it gets fixed. And I dont see it getting fixed before IW releases their game. How would you feel if they decided to drop a bunch of core game modes? Giving HC playlist 4 game modes is pretty much telling HC players "we dont care about you, either play these or go over to core so we can get rid of HC altogether. But hey thanks for the $60!"

      • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
        jcostanzo27

        ADSing?  REALLY?  LOL

         

        so its only cool to hip fire.

    • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
      maccabi

      Tick7 wrote:

       

      They give hardcore players game types that work well in Hardcore.

       

      Some game types just don't work that well, period.

       

      For example - Treyarch gave us hardcore dom. Did it work? Absolutely not. The mode was a joke.

       

      Also - hardcore is a small percentage of players compared to the larger population of CoD players. As a result, they are allocated a specific server space for hardcore game modes. That means you are restricted to the number of playlists that you see in hardcore - recall Black Ops adding new game modes, but having to do a HC Bombs and HC Flags playlist.

       

      Why waste resources on a small percentage of players, when there are so many more players playing in so many other different playlists?

       

      If more people played hardcore, then they would get more server / resource allocation.

      really hc dom was the reason we got the extra playlists in blackops it was my and alot of peoples fav game mode

       

      and please dont think treyarch ignore the hc community

      • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
        mdub

        Hardcore or bust!!

      • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

        well my buddy has black ops 2 already and he said that hardcore only has 4 gamemodes tdm snd ffa ctf and that's it. if they have headquarters and a few others ill be happy but it seems they are limiting hc players

        • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
          maccabi

          K4RMMA wrote:

           

          well my buddy has black ops 2 already and he said that hardcore only has 4 gamemodes tdm snd ffa ctf and that's it. if they have headquarters and a few others ill be happy but it seems they are limiting hc players

          dont assume anything even if its in all whats on the disk it means nothing ... 

      • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
        Tick7

        maccabi wrote:

         

        Tick7 wrote:

         

        They give hardcore players game types that work well in Hardcore.

         

        Some game types just don't work that well, period.

         

        For example - Treyarch gave us hardcore dom. Did it work? Absolutely not. The mode was a joke.

         

        Also - hardcore is a small percentage of players compared to the larger population of CoD players. As a result, they are allocated a specific server space for hardcore game modes. That means you are restricted to the number of playlists that you see in hardcore - recall Black Ops adding new game modes, but having to do a HC Bombs and HC Flags playlist.

         

        Why waste resources on a small percentage of players, when there are so many more players playing in so many other different playlists?

         

        If more people played hardcore, then they would get more server / resource allocation.

        really hc dom was the reason we got the extra playlists in blackops it was my and alot of peoples fav game mode

         

        and please dont think treyarch ignore the hc community

         

        There's a reason hardcore Dom didn't last all that long

        • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
          maccabi

          Tick7 wrote:

           

           

          There's a reason hardcore Dom didn't last all that long

          Really and what was that then ? i'm pretty certain I know the whats, wheres, and why fores of the hc playlists in blops1. My memory although slightly tarnished by an addiction to coffee seems to remember a campaign that focused on the addition of hc dom as alot of players had asked for it, followed by a long discussion with the community about adding new modes by Vahn/

           

          A lot of play testing the new modes, and the launch of flags and bombs that the fans of certian modes removed then preceeded to whine constantly about (even though the removal of which was explained by treyarch as being decided upon as they were the least played modes.)

           

          Point of fact hc dom in blops have usually trwice as many players in it than the modes removed ever had and sorry thats a fact.

           

          Did i miss something?

    • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
      rankismet

      Tick7 wrote:

       

      They give hardcore players game types that work well in Hardcore.

       

      Some game types just don't work that well, period.

       

      For example - Treyarch gave us hardcore dom. Did it work? Absolutely not. The mode was a joke.

       

      Also - hardcore is a small percentage of players compared to the larger population of CoD players. As a result, they are allocated a specific server space for hardcore game modes. That means you are restricted to the number of playlists that you see in hardcore - recall Black Ops adding new game modes, but having to do a HC Bombs and HC Flags playlist.

       

      Why waste resources on a small percentage of players, when there are so many more players playing in so many other different playlists?

       

      If more people played hardcore, then they would get more server / resource allocation.

       

      Demolition didn't work well in HC... Dom works great...

       

      ... but, yeah...

       

      ... why focus on 20% of the community when we can make the QS kiddies happy.

       

      Just, hush.

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
    trialstardragon

    As has been noted by Tick HC is a smaller playerbase but as noted by Mac dont count out the other lists. 3arc holds back some playlists slots for each mode until they figure out what the community wants the most. They generally start with the basic lists that get the most players in core and then build from there if needed.

     

    With the fact that bo2 is meant to be less campy, they probably do not want to add to hc all the playlists that usually generate the most campy game play of the game right away to get players used t moving about, in hc with no hud or radar untila a uav is up it is even easier to camp then in core now.

     

    And this game is meant to be more about action and e-sports and run-n-gunning/rushing. So anything that probably could be considered too campy they may be wary abour adding right away.

    • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
      cookiedood

      Hardcore I'll have to camp a bit more

      I'm a bit trigger happy and with no ricochet my team mates will soon get fed up with me accidentally ending their score streaks

    • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

      well if they want to make hardcore less camping. one they made the game less campy by adjusting ghost. and yeah it's possible people may still camp but what i think everyone can agree on is have the gametypes that prevent camping. so objective gametypes like domination headquarters kill confirmed ctf. just have people play objective game because people want to get their scorestreaks and you get more score for objectives.

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
    Jinx484

    I'm really hoping that there will not just be 4 hardcore game types.  If there is, I'm hoping they expand to include more game types. 

     

    As an exclusive Hardcore player, it is not all campers.  If you think that, you 1) Haven't played HC for more than 10 minutes, or 2) Think it's all campers cause you cant take the fact that you were just killed by a person in a corner.  It takes skill to be able to navigate a map and stay alive in HC.

     

    As for the limited space thing... This is a brand new game.  There's no reason they couldn't allot more space for playlists - I don't buy it. 

    • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
      trialstardragon

      They cannot just make new space available when ever they want, it is not a simple as flipping a switch and more playlists slots are now available. So no they cannot just add more slots willy nilly when ever the gamers think they should just to add more playlists or game modes. It takes time to code in the slots/playlists and then adjust the servers and all that fun jazz.

       

      HC is not all campers no, but in a very large number of games you will incounter teams that do nothing but camp and play defensively. I know because I play with a team that in BO could lock down noobtown on one side and never loose control of it because we camped liked champs. So yes there is a lot of camping in noobcore errr hardcore.

       

      It takes more skill surving in core where everyone knows where you are 90% of the time, hiding in a corner is not skillful at all. So to say it takes skill to learn how to move around the maps in hc is just silly.

      • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
        Jinx484

        Allow me to reiterate... It is a brand new game... as in, they have had two years to prepare it.  And by prepare it, I mean, modify Black Ops 1.  If you really buy into the idea that they cannot allocate space for more game modes, I feel for you.  There was more than enough time to plan for it.

         

        You can hold a side of a map on core also.  It's also possible to dislodge a team from a side of the map.  I know because I play solo and can accomplish such a task - with skill.  You more than likely,  in a vast majority of those games, didn't have anyone good on the other team.  And, what? it takes more skill to stay alive when you can get shot 5 more times and still live?  We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because I just dont understand the ppl who think that.

         

        The bottom line is - Treyarch - you have known about the issue from the last BO and have seen how the HC community and supporters of it do not like to be shortchanged.  Just here to remind you to do the right thing and listen to feedback. 

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

    exactly like that's what i don't understand like my buddy who got it early says their is only 4 gamemodes in hardcore yes it's possible but with how close it is to offical release date. although my buddy did say that their are updates every couple hours so it is possible that because they know that people have the game already they will put all content in. but with hardcore i think that it should be a gamemode that is look at more and their is some effort put into it. like add more gametypes that force players to move (objective gametypes) like kill confirmed nobody can sit in a corner and win the game headquarters the hq is always moving so you as a player have to move and have to adapt. yeah going from core to hardcore is way different but i think that's where the more skilled players come in because you die faster so yeah you have to play smarter which doesn't always mean you have to camp. camping is completely limited.and my buddy has shown me some video of what on the game. one ghost isnn't unlocked until level 55 so when you first get it you will not be able to be not seen on the radar. all im trying to get is more variety for people if they gave more gametypes to people in hardcore it's possible more people will come over to hardcore. HC dom was a hit. know put other gametypes in and you could have some serious challenges. for me core just seems really unrealistic hardcore changes that. because im sure the reason well all play hardcore is because it's 1 fun and 2 it presents a challenge and 3 it's more realistic to actual life. in a none weird way we all want the game to be as real as possible yeah add bull perks like second change or last stand or the death streaks in mw3 didn't make the game fun but now treyarch is changing that why not give people more gamemodes in hc in the end it could be a really good thing and surprise a lot of people.

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

    I totally agree. I have poor connection, so I'm pretty much forced to play HC (lag is not so much noticeable), and now I find out there are only 4 HC gametypes.

     

    I'm a HC Kill Confirmed and Domination fan, played it a lot on MW3. Yes, there always were few campers on the map, but it wasn't bothering me at all. If they were camping I was noob toobing them until they leave, it always works and actually it was a lot of fun

     

    Now with new Ghost perk and scorestreak system I guess there won't be so much campers, because they will be forced to move from their hiding spot. I really don't understand why Treyarch decided not to add some more HC game modes.

     

    If you read this, please take it into your consideration Treyarch.

    • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
      cookiedood

      Yes I'm gutted there's no hc Dom in blops 2 but they will only add game modes with the dlc drops so that's at,least 3 months without it

      And with no ricochet there's gonna be a lot of people peed off that their mate just ended the scorestreaks with a random frag (me lol)

      • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

        I posted on avsforum.com about this, and was told to come here where my voice could possibly be heard. I have never signed up or bothered to complain about anything regarding the entire franchise, and I have been playing since the original modern warfare, but this one hurts to much i had to sign up. All I played in mw3 was hardcore kill confirmed and a few other hardcore modes, all of which are not even an option in blops 2. I am quite disappointed, hardcore kc is the main one all me and my friends played, and I dont understand why we are given less hardcore mode options, their is quite a decent number of people who love hardcore modes, I am almost considering going back to mw3 because of it, but I want to give the game a chance first, or hope some more hardcore modes are added.

         

        I just dont understand it, is it alot of work to add the same modes for core to hardcore as well? Or at least the same robust amount of hardcore game types people were offered in mw3. 

        • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
          maccabi

          * dons @mhcgm head

           

          Right people stop panicing!!

           

          This happens every game... Hardcore release's with a few modes and more get added , if you remember the exact same thing happened with Blops1 and shortly after launch we had extra modes added...

           

          The simple fact is there is never enough playlist slots for every mode to be added to hc. Vahn has stated numerous times when we did the hc modes for blops2 that certian modes were sacred ie the ones in the playlists now.

           

          We will have more added just be patient, First week or so of a game release things get changed , updated ect as even after they send the game off to be put onto disks they are still working on it hence we get hotfixes and Tu's after a release to add stuff they couldnt do before the game went off to be printed

           

           

          As soon as we have concrete info i will share it on here in the meantime free feel to follow @mhcgm on twitter..

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

    Hardcore is the only way to go for me. Whoever says it's nothing but campers and tubers is ignorant. We have the best runners cause in hardcore you die faster genius, so that means we run around with 70% less health than you core kids. Hardcore is for us gamers who have graduated from the .25 arcade shooters. Don't play hardcore, we don't want anymore.......forget it, I'll get banned again.

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
    kemicalsupreme

    What game modes are out at launch for HC?

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

    I will not buy this game without HC:KC.  What a joke, I'll stick with MW3.

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

    I'm with you, I have never looked forward to a game as much as I have with Blops2 and now I couldn't be more dissapointed. I am a strictly hardcore player, except I never play anything with a spawn delay.. If there aren't some changes made I'll be looking for a new game, and It won't be anything COD related and I wont be promoting this game to the rest of my clan or anyone else I know. Super Dissapointed. I'll wait for the first update before I sell my game but wont hessitate after that. I hate core. If its between playing core with 100 hit markers and a .5kd or bonus instore credit for trade in... I'll be trading this in I will be happy with any hardcore mode that doesn't require a damn spawn delay... GIVE US WHAT WE WANT

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

    At least HC TDM is more hardcore this year! All the little kids gonna stay in core where its safe and leave us big boys alone.

    • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
      Tick7

      Ghost_Squad7678 wrote:

       

      At least HC TDM is more hardcore this year! All the little kids gonna stay in core where its safe and leave us big boys alone.

       

      For how long?

       

      They'll come over when they realize that scavenger replenishes nades and C4s, and turn it into a camping explosive frustration that it inevitably becomes every year

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
    Hellspawn_STP

    The problem is that most Hard core gamers are on a PC, most players that play FPS are on a console, so when the game developers go out and do interviews they only talk to NOOB console players and ask their oppinion of the game and what they would change, they are also starting to make the game less of a strategic style and more of a fast pace run and gun style, this will be more acceptable to be watched by fans online or in a convention center live. E-Sports which I am all for, I mean come on who doesnt want to be the Michael Jordan, or Tiger Woods of gaming and get payed a lot of money to do so, thats just where gaming is heading to. I love MW3 not because I was really good at it, but because it was smooth, seemless it ran great, as a HARDCORE PC FPS gamer the only downside was the Cheaters right off the bat, that just made it so hard to enjoy and no one did anything about it, all it did was make every legit good player out there get called a hack or a cheater thats just what the game became. it's all about the console. I'm sorry but I think that we deserve a little more. There might not be as many players on PC but throw a keyboard and mouse on an Xbox 360 and u will see those consle controller using noobs RAGE, faster than a opposing player running at u with a shot gun and shooting u down on MW3.The fact of the matter is how hard can it be, if u create all these game in soft core do the same thing for hardcore, it's like getting a present for 1 of 2 kids and not the other, so why not just buy 2 of the same presents so there wont be any issues. Thats how u please us all.  FPS started on PC and it should always stay on PC. Oh and by the way F*** Soft Core who the hell wants to unload a full clip to kill one person, Soft Core is for beginners and always will be....

     

    If you dont think so come play HardCore with us and see how long u last....

  • Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)
    TightNinja1

    more hc game modes plz