26 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 6:41 PM by element80 RSS

Not buying Black Ops 2 even tho I badly want it.

Yes I want to play Black Ops 2. See the new maps in action. Have fun in combat training and mess around with the bots. Play with a couple of (real life) friends and some others I dont even know but have been playing with for a while......

But they sell us an incomplete game for $60. It is missing Nuketown Zombies. And from the leaked footage that maps looks like its a lot of fun. We bought Nuketown already with BO1 now they are using it to blackmail us into buying the $80 special edition. Do you let people disrespect you like this? I dont.

I am not paying $20 for a map. And I am not buying an incomplete game. I have self-respect and value myself high. Next thing Activision is going to do is charge you 1$ for 100 bullets and probably many people will buy them.

I am not joining this club. I dont fall for the scarcity and marketing tricks of Activision.

It does require a lot of self-respect and discipline. Cos it would be easier to go in the store on monday or tuesday pay only $60 and enjoy the game. The new maps. Maybe even the zombie mode for a couple of hours. But by not buying this. I know I have overcome an addiction. I know I have avoided a company that ruthlessly scams people with scarcity and marketing lies. I know I have so much self-respect I can not buy this game. I avoid the short-term gain i would get from buying this. As I avoid short-term gain from eating fast food or watching TV instead of working out. I avoid everything thats bad for me and i am proud of it.

My long term gain from not buying Black Ops 2 is this: I respect myself. In business and in private life. This way I get only the best of things. I am rich and wealthy and I have amazing women always by my side and great friends.

So I am thankful Activision is selling an incomplete game. Enjoy it if you buy it. I am happy for getting the chance to say NO.

No to scarcity with pre-orders and special editions. No to fake marketing and lies. No to getting tricked.

Enjoy your week I will. This life is too short and too amazing to waste it with companies that dont repect you. I rather play real life and meet some new people outside, play beach volleyball and soccer with friends and have some great beach partys than being at home and playing this incomplete game. And before you troll my topic. Think of what you are worth to yourself? Where will you be in 5 years, in 10 years? Do you really want to play a game by a company that uses these tactics and would you also pay $1 for 1000 bullets? Cos thats where Activision is going right now. Charging for in-game items if you let them.  Now dont think of me cos honestly I dont care for your opinion unless you proofed yourself in this life and made millions like me. Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself if you are proud of yourself. Thats what counts in life. Good luck.

• Re: Not buying Black Ops 2 even tho I badly want it.
    Kingfury

Calm down. You're paying for the game, it is not incomplete. I didn't even read through that novel of yours, the Nuketown Zombies map will most likely be released as a later DLC, and should we really care if you buy the game or not? Also, I get the feeling that you're trying to troll, I don't believe that you're rich, or that you have women.

Should have pre ordered it then. Nuketown 2025 comes with the standard pre ordered edition too.

You get great deals in some places too, im paying £60 for the game (with nuketown 2025) and the season pass for all future dlc, think that works out around $80.

You still have time to pre order it :-)

Btw i didnt read your whole "novel" either

WolfRidge

Great post, what these companies are trying to do is to create the "Haves and the Have nots" dividing their community into different levels.

I stopped falling for the hype after Black Ops ( multiplayer complete crap)

Not sure if I will buy BlackOps 2, I'm going to wait until launch just in case.

ChestSplittah

They've been selling intake content for years. They did it with Black Ops. I have no quarrels with them doing what they want with their merchandise. I just want the game to function as if they respected us. Good day.

iAmEFFeX

As someone already said... Nuketown 2025 (not the Zombies version) comes with the pre-order of the NORMAL edition. So, that's not ripping people off at all. And besides, you are not being ripped off if you don't buy Hardended / Carepackage anyway. It's just an added bonus. It's just a collector's edition.

With the exception of COD4, Black Ops was the only other COD i liked, so im hoping BO2 can rekindle what once was a great experience for me.

UnRest

Although I don't 100% agree with the OP, I can understand the point he is trying to prove. Yes, Activision have been doing this for years and geting away with with it simply because us, the fans keep buying they're products without thinking of the consequences.

I don't agree with everything you stated, but I can see what you were trying to show and I respect you for that alone.

Wolf_Odinson

sgr8 wrote (in part):

1)  Play with a couple of (real life) friends and some others I dont even know but have been playing with for a while......

2)  I have self-respect and value myself high.

3)  It does require a lot of self-respect and discipline.

4)  by not buying this, I know I have overcome an addiction.

5)  I know I have so much self-respect I can not buy this game. I avoid the short-term gain i would get from buying this. As I avoid short-term gain from eating fast food or watching TV instead of working out. I avoid everything thats bad for me and i am proud of it.

6)  My long term gain from not buying Black Ops 2 is this: I respect myself. In business and in private life. This way I get only the best of things. I am rich and wealthy and I have amazing women always by my side and great friends.

7)  Enjoy your week I will.

8)  And before you troll my topic. Think of what you are worth to yourself? Where will you be in 5 years, in 10 years?

9)  Now dont think of me cos honestly I dont care for your opinion unless you proofed yourself in this life and made millions like me.

10)  Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself if you are proud of yourself.

1)  Specifically the portion, "... been playing with for a while..." is completely contradicted by the statement, "As I avoid short term gain from eating fast food or watching TV instead of working out" in item #5. Not the best way to start a persuasive argument but hey, if it works for you...

2)  "... and value myself high"  Which you probably are

3)  Much in life does, but one can't help but notice the emphasis you place on your personal self respect throughout your entire OP. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" comes readily to mind

4)  Acknowledging you have an addiction is the first step in overcoming it. Kudos to you.

5)  Mainly here to counter that portion of statement #1; as previously mentioned above

6)  (a) Monopoly money doesn't count in the real world; btw, define the difference between rich and wealthy please

(b) carrying a folded up Playboy in your back pocket also doesn't count, and

(c) neither do the characters in your 3DS

7)  Thank you

8)  My self worth is incalculable. As far as where I (or anyone else for that matter) will be tomorrow, let alone 5 to 10 years from now, no one knows. If I'm alive, healthy, and able to, I'll be working, spending time with my family & friends, watching UEFA Champions League & MLB, reading, listening to jazz, and playing video games

9)  I've proven that the old adage, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" is a lie. At 51 not only did I take on a job as an OJT electrician, I also bought and played my first FPS (MW3); regardless of its problems, I enjoyed the hell out of the game, and credit it with leading me to purchase Black Ops 2.

You've "proofed" that it's a good thing your personal self respect isn't tied to your knowledge of grammar, vocabulary and syntax; as far as your "millions" are concerned, again, see my 6(a) above

10)  Either remove the word "if" or change the word "tell" to "ask" (see also, my item 9, paragraph 2 above)

So in summation: if you choose not to purchase the game, more power to you; each to his/her own. Your life and the lives of myself and others who do choose to buy/play the game; post on these forums, will be more the richer for your decision.

Remember, you can't have slaughter without the laughter.

Wolf

Message was edited by: Wolf_Odinson

Jackky360

Well said!

Izjar11

But they sell us an incomplete game for $60. It is missing Nuketown Zombies. And from the leaked footage that maps looks like its a lot of fun. We bought Nuketown already with BO1 now they are using it to blackmail us into buying the $80 special edition. Do you let people disrespect you like this? I dont.

Blackmail? Geez what else will you come up with?

Disrespect you! hahahaha this guy is getting better with each word.

I am not paying $20 for a map. And I am not buying an incomplete game. I have self-respect and value myself high. Next thing Activision is going to do is charge you 1$ for 100 bullets and probably many people will buy them.

Then do us all a favor and don't buy the game or maps. Self respect? Self respect would be to know the difference of shutting up or dishing out either which you cant figure out.

know I have avoided a company that ruthlessly scams people with scarcity and marketing lies. I know I have so much self-respect I can not buy this game. I avoid the short-term gain i would get from buying this. As I avoid short-term gain from eating fast food or watching TV instead of working out. I avoid everything thats bad for me and i am proud of it.

You really should seek some help, I sense something much darker than simply choosing to buy maps or the game. Get help guy.

My long term gain from not buying Black Ops 2 is this: I respect myself. In business and in private life. This way I get only the best of things. I am rich and wealthy and I have amazing women always by my side and great friends

Though know one asked, you seem hell bent to explain yourself to us as if you are releasing a demon, enjoy what you have and avoid purchasing this game.

Enjoy your week I will. This life is too short and too amazing to waste it with companies that don't repect you. I rather play real life and meet some new people outside, play beach volleyball and soccer with friends and have some great beach partys than being at home and playing this incomplete game. And before you troll my topic. Think of what you are worth to yourself? Where will you be in 5 years, in 10 years? Do you really want to play a game by a company that uses these tactics and would you also pay $1 for 1000 bullets? Cos thats where Activision is going right now. Charging for in-game items if you let them.  Now dont think of me cos honestly I dont care for your opinion unless you proofed yourself in this life and made millions like me. Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself if you are proud of yourself. Thats what counts in life. Good luck.

Again you explain yourself to this forum for what purpose? Your issues are yours, know one here cares what you feel is a scam, we are here playing and waiting for the new game to release? Why come here with your depressed vision and try to infect us with your negativity? Everything you wrote is probably a lie, and you have zero things to do outside this game. Go find your self a women, friends enjoy what can be found without telling us!

Tick7

Lol, I love these threads.

Call of Duty fanboys who spend hours on CoD forums related to Black Ops 2, consumed by the hype of the game, claiming that their foot has been put down and they are not buying the game.

Yeah, ok buddy. We believe you.

See you in line at midnight.

SnipinDB

I agree with the man to an extent. I feel that the DLC should all be brought out at ones for 15-20 bucks. The prices now now are laughable and worst of all, all the new dlc messes with matchmaking quality.

In any case I'm not getting any DLC and it's a real shame about nuketown but I will not pre-order or buy the game without good feedback on hosting / matchmaking & connectivity as a whole first.

xXKingKongxX

I agree with the OP as well. We've all been burnt by the last two releases, BO1 was a joke when first released and the game was unplayable for most. MW3 is fresher in our minds and we all know the issues with that.

The fact that they cut the price of the DLC for MW3 and have to try to coerce with nuketown 2025 to buy BO2 just shows that there has been fallout from the faithfull.

Therefore I agree with the OP that we shouldn't be sucked back in to the hype and the promise of a map without seeing what the game is like, maybe other peoples memories are shorter, their wallets bigger or hides thicker but Activision (+the various dev team) have shafted me twice and I'm not going to take it a 3rd..

Good luck to all those who went early, please post comments on here post release for all of us sitting on the fence.

KK

Tick7

So far, I have to say that it feels so fresh, so new, and so exciting.

And it's not just the honeymoon phase either. It just feels like there's SO MUCH to do and SO MUCH to unlock and achieve that it's really really exciting.

I also love the pick 10 - I think it's going to be better than people are expecting it to be; a real oppurtunity for you to play the way that you want to play. No restrictions, no rules, no boundaries.

It feels great.

I've had so much faith in Treyarch right from when I read that Vahn was tweeting out for feedback as soon as MW3 came out. I don't think I'm wrong in saying that I think we can really trust Treyarch here. They are good developers, who realy have their pulse on the  community.

I know it's early, but this for me is contender for the best Call of Duty since Cod 4.

Again not honeymoon phase. I could break down the many reasons why I feel that way, but that's not appropriate for this thread.

xXKingKongxX

They are good developers, who realy have their pulse on the  community.

Errrr, Hello... McFly.. Anybody there... Did you not play BO1, it was the worst port to PS3 that I've ever played, 9 months on and it sucked..

You're not Robert Trolling incognito are you???

Tick7

Switched to Xbox, because pretty much every game performs better online over the xbox than over the ps3. Far more stable connections and more efficient and improves the performance of my home network.

It's no even a fair competition.

ANyone who knows Ronaldhino on youtube - go watch one of his recent videos and he will talk about his switch to Xbox and the massive differences it makes.

Treyarch shouldn't be, and aren't responsible, for unstable connections and network issues. That's on Sony, and that's on PS3 users.

Yes they are good developers, who have their pulse on the community. THere are so many mechanisms in the game that are directly as a result of fan feedback - sniper quck scoping + no aim assist initially, etc. Pick 10. This is all basedon community feedback. You should all be following Vahn on twitter. If you aren't, then I would totally understand why you think they are not good developers who don't have their pulse on the community.

You'd also be wrong.

Your message is probably best directed at those who invest a seriously excessive time into COD and gaming in general, are neglecting life as a result and are on course to be burnt out by it. But you should remember that to many it's just a game to enjoy on spare evenings. Personally I come and go with gaming all the time as many people do. I'm on this forum to see how BO2 is progressing and how it'll be managed with weapon changes etc. I'll be buying it when I get the chance this coming week and look forward too it.  I've thrown away far more than the cost of a game on crappy nights out lol. It's really not a big deal.

well i guess thats one less noob to kill

scotland-rules

Seriously, NukeTown Zombies was never even considered/promised to be apart of nuketown zombies. I personally have got the hardened edition and I am looking forward to see what it comes with so I can enjoy the game.

okay so you don't want to play it?

Fine by me.

di3sel

I agree with OP about self respect (though I wouldn't brag myself being rich and having a lot of women, I don't think it reflects self respect LOL)

I don't judge others who buy treyarch games. I just didn't, don't, and won't, not until the day they treat 360 and ps3 players equally.

I don't care about xbox's early DLCs because I'm not a hardcore COD player and never bought any COD DLC anyway, but lower resolution & lower frame rates is a BIG "you can **** off, treyarch" for me. For the same cause, I respect Infinity Ward because they are fair and square to all players, and I buy their games.

wrecku

Really who cares. The game is cheap and you can play it for years. Spend the money and if your not happy toss it in the trash can. No frigging game is worth this much discussion.

I could respect what OP was saying, if what he meant was how much time these games can occupy your time. They are an addiction, and I'm admittedly an addict. It takes time away from your true purpose for life, which is to help make a difference for others. If his point was simply that, I could agree, because I know I play this game way too much.

But if the OP is a millionare, what's $20 bucks. I tip waitresses at a restaurant almost that much when my meal is around $40. Big deal. And look at it this way, sure Activision executives can make more money if they market this game this way, but they also employ a lot of families, and it all contributes to the capitalist society that the US is anyway.