8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 10:54 PM by Tick7 RSS

Question to those who got the game early about guns and maps

Hey guys, new to the community. Just wondering if all the guns seen in the new videos are all of them.. seems like they shortcutted all classes but assault rifles. Also, are there a variety in maps or are they all relatively small? Hope there are some large ones as well!

• Re: Question to those who got the game early about guns and maps
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I'm in the process of learning all the maps in Combat Training and I can say that the maps are all good and they're not overly cluttered like MW3. The best map for me, so far, is Hijacked. It's frantic, fast paced, and close close quarter. I like that map so much that it's right up there with Hardhat, Dome, and Nuketown. Most maps I played so far are mid-large sized. One thing I noticed is control of the middle is important.

Edit: The AR SWAT 556 can kill in 1 burst close range even when silenced and 2 burst in mid- long silenced. It seems like rapid fire is built in on that burst fire AR. The MP7 has great range but there's a noticeable recoil. 

Thanks for the response man! Sounds awesome. How are the snipers, shotguns, and lmg's? Are their really only like 3 of each? Or did they hide a few, and if so. How do they play?

smokesdope

There're are only 4 snipers 2 semi-auto and 2 bolt actions not really used the semi-autos but the bolt actions are awesome ! With the CPU scope attachment and laser sight/pointer it's really easy to snipe IMO but I've seen tweets from optic midnight she saying she finds it harder than MW3 sniping and more like WaW but I would say its easier to snipe/QS in BO.2 than MW3 but just my OP .

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I just counted them and there are 9 AR, 4 Shotguns, 4 LMGs, 6 SMGs, and 4 Sniper rifles. They didn't hide anything.

I'm an AR guy and I can say that the M27 is the new ACR in terms of handling. It's like a laser and I'm not even using a Fore Grip (Kick) on it. It's even more accurate than an ACR with the Kick proficiency on it. The SWAT 556 is the new Type 95 and the FAL is the new MK14.

I haven't tried the Select Fire attachment yet.

Edit 1: I just played Overflow for the first time and it's one of the smallest. It's not cluttered but it's fun. The middle is pretty open and there are flank routes on the sides of the map.

Edit 2: The LMG HAMR is pretty good. The reload is decent, recoil is controllable, the accuracy is good, and the rate of fire decreases as you spray. As the rate of fire decreases, the weapon becomes more accurate. I just played Plaza and it's like a modern club but the layout is similar to Overflow. It's like the most stunning of all the maps in terms of visuals.

Tick7

IrOnLuNGz92 wrote:

Hey guys, new to the community. Just wondering if all the guns seen in the new videos are all of them.. seems like they shortcutted all classes but assault rifles. Also, are there a variety in maps or are they all relatively small? Hope there are some large ones as well!

Welcome to the community man.

I've been rocking Combat Training since early today when I picked it up.

To answer your questions:

1) There is a big variety of weapons in the game. 9 assault rifles, 4 shotguns, 4 LMGs, 4 snipers, a riot shield, and 6 SMGs. Not sure what was shown in the stream, but there is a good variety; I'd say pretty similar to all other Call of Duties.

On the note of the weapons - it seems like an assault rifle-heavy game. Most of the assault rifles have such predictable and easily manageable recoil right now.

2) Plenty of variety in the maps, but there are plenty of themes to the maps. First of all, they are going back to the very traditional style CoD maps - two sides of the map are the two spawns, three lanes to the middle of the map which is where most of the action goes on. Some have some very long lines of sight, but all the maps pretty much guaranteed have some brutal close quarters components to it. Lots of verticality too - lots of power positions, elevated spots where you can look down on key map choke points. Stuff like that.

If by larger maps, you are looking for a sniper-only type of map like that? Wasteland, or Interchange, etc? Haven't found it yet to be honest, which isn't a bad thing.

Hope that helps with your question man.