1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 1:26 PM by XyZ_BSG Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    rlbl

lol it is funny because it is true

• 21. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    rlbl

!st off, before opening the box, I will promise myself not to stay up till 2 AM because I have to work the next day....

Game inserted:

1 - Download/install the update

2 - Change the game settings

3 - Think about downloading bonus maps from pre-order

4 - say "***** it" and go play a MP game

5 - Rage quit because I have no idea where I am getting shot from

6 - Go download the bonus maps

7 - Start up a zomibe game on NT (likely invite wrid to play); get to round 5 and die

8 - Contemplate going back to MP because my clan leader sent me an invite

9 - say "***** it" and go play a MP game

10 - Destroy enemy team on a game of HC HQ, and get very excited

11 - get pissed at myself for staying up until 2 AM playing when I promised myself I wouldn't.

12 - go to bed... still wired

13 - take forever to get to sleep

14 - dream about what classes I should make (I seriously do that)

15 - call in sick the next day (and nobody complains because most of my co-workers are gamers)

* depending on what time I actually go to bed will determine if I have to call in sick or not.

• 22. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    sstang1

Well there will be the game update to download first.

Then I will find where I can install textures to Hard Drive and giggle like a school girl as I install them.

Maybe take the time to make Multiplayer my default menu.

Head into Combat Training - "Boot Camp" so I can rank up to level 10 and learn the maps abit before diving into regular online.

• 23. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    wridtrvlr

That's hilarious RL!!   I too was going to be conveniently "sick" for a day next week.   

That being said, I opted to have my HE copy shipped to me, so I am not exactly sure when I will receive it.  If I get it on Tuesday, then I'm calling out sick on Wednesday.  If I get it on Wednesday, then I'm calling out for the rest of the week.   

I hope to have my copy Tuesday, though I asked GS if I could switch my order and pickup in store and they said I could, but there is less of a chance they'd have my HE copy in store to pickup Tuesday, so I just stuck with same day delivery.  Expensive but (hopefully) worth it.

• 24. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    rlbl

Yea mine is being shipped as well. I pre-ordered MW3 (1st time) and had it shipped. When I got home on launch day it was being put in my mailbox!

I hope the same thing happens this year.

• 25. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    wridtrvlr

Nice!!!  I am emailing back and forthwith with them know to find out logistically how they ship.  If they send it out 1 day ahead in hopes of arrival on the day of release, or do they send it on the day of release?

I just hope I get mine on release day!!!!  I can't do the midnight store release because I work nights, so this was (or so I thought) the best option for me. 

• 26. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    RAMBONER

1.  Convince my wife that I am not a "dork" or "nerd" for going to pick the game up at midnight.

2.  Fail miserably at above.

3.  Talk to other like minded "dorks" while I freeze my sack standing outside waiting for them to let us in to get our copys.  (Im in Colorado,)

4.  Get home at probably around 2 (which nearly defeats the "freezing my sack waiting in line" part since I have to work and should go to bed.

5  load the game and thank sstang over and over and over as I DL whatever multiplayer parts they let us install.

6.  Tell myself that a bunch of the forum guys are geniouses and doing combat training is the way to go so I can learn the maps.

7.  Play one round of combat training, quit, jump into public multiplayer and die, die, die, kill, die die kill....'repeat'....... and as RL said.....***** and moan for hours about having no idea where I am going or being shot from.

8.  Hope I get the game shut off before my wife wakes up......her seeing me with my headphones on playing a game has the same effect as a chastity belt....

• 27. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    sstang1

That all sounds like a great plan - thanks for the shoutout - sstang1 (RobsStang's(banned) less evil twin) is really proud that we finally got this - thanks to TheBigB82, The Extractor (banned) and ESMorgue (banned) but back as ChestSplittah for helping me harrass @DavidVonderhaar into getting us this much needed option - also thanks to all those that have signed the many petitions and threads for this over the years.

This is the best thing to come out of my trips to L.A.

• 28. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    RAMBONER

The best part about it is that it is a step toward a full install.  I do wish it had happened a year ago before bops savagely tortured my 60g fat into submission.  RIP buddy and no that yellow light you see is not a light on the gates to PS heaven.

• 29. Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?
    sstang1

BLOPS did a Pre-caching of files (reading them into memory before the game started) so it actually had a better design than say MW2 and MW3 where the drive is in constant use all during gameplay.

It was probably MW2 that raped your Blu-Ray.   lol