13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 4:34 AM by ChestSplittah RSS

Do you know what I noticed?

rockinryan

PS3 and XBOX360. Two great consoles. Which is better? It doesn't matter.

Now we have three different editions of Black Ops 2.

Regular Edition that comes with:

-NUKETOWN 2025 (launch copy or preorder)

-DOUBLE XP NOV 16-18 (preorder only?)

and that's it.

Hardened Edition comes with:

-NUKETOWN 2025 (This doesn't look like you have to order it at a certain time to have NUKETOWN 2025)

-Double Xp (NOV 16-18)

-Steelbook

-Coins (Codes for exclusive in-game content)

-Weapon Camo (a orange and black themed camo)

-Exclusive PlayerCards (Zombies and NUKETOWN 2025 player cards)

-Nuketown Zombies

-XBOX LIVE Avatar (C.L.A.W)

-PS3 Animated Wallpaper (Turbine Map; features a view of the windmills in motion...I think)

and that's it.

CarePackage comes with all of the Hardened Edition features and includes:

-MQ27 Quadrotor RC (DragonFire; known from the 900(?) scorestreak in BO2 the Dragonfire)

Now I have looked at every major retailer (Gamestop, BestBuy, Walmart, Amazon**, ToysRus*, even Target!) and there seems to be no sign of a BO2 Hardened or CP Edition copy for PS3! But everyone of those stores (exclude Amazon, just sold out yesterday) has these for Xbox! Hmmmmm. I'm starting to think one of two things. A) PS3 version is becoming somehow popular and B) people seem to not want XBOX versions. I'm thinking more of A (besides IMO the PS3 heading at the top looks better suited for BO2 than Xbox360, just saying, no favouritism!)

What I want to ask is: do you think you have an idea of why this is happening?

PS: If any one of the retailers restock Hardened Edition for PS3 for NORMAL PRICE (not an amazon user who is selling it for $200 (he's not getting any sells :|) ) you can leave a reply and link...well not really a link, I can do that myself.

*ToyrUs no longer has it listed! But it has a DidYouMean result of a DSi (Hardened Edition) and a Disney Cars wooden model of McQueem (Care Package Edition) lol!

**It was there, but sold out in less than 9 hours.

• Re: Do you know what I noticed?
    robbierocket

A or B? Hmmmm.. tough choice.

Possibly because you missed C, D, E, F, G, H, i, j, k, l, m and a combination of all those factors which may also explain some of your findings.

Not everyone spends all their time looking at BO2 news and is aware of these special editions. Also there was a lot of misunderstanding that Pre-ordering just the game gave you nuketown 2025 and nuketown zombies. It was so unclear as to what nuketown zombies  was and how you were able to obtain it.

wikked75

maybe they just anticipated a lot more xbox sales, so made more available for xbox.

You veiw as PS3 favoritism but I veiw as Xbox favoritism. Maybe there were more xbox copies of the special editions sent to stores than there were PS3 copies . More product means more sales which means more money. We all know Xbox and COD make babies together (if you know what I mean lol) and that they will do anything to hold PS3 back (theyve been doing it for years)....Just a theory tho coming from die hard PS3 fan

i got hardened edition from toys r us sunday when did you last look

eckosaint

MY guess is, there were more need for the Xbox than the PS3 editions. Before anyone hates, I bought the game for both systems. HE for xbox and regular for PS3. CoD is just more popular on Xbox. Not hatin, just the truth. So in turn, that will also determine what goes where and how many.

Kingfury

Out of Hardened Editions at my local Gamestop, feels bad man.

scotland-rules

I managed to pre order mines online from a company I had never used before but I found it on Google shopping.

I tried ordering from Game and Gamestation both online and offline and I found that on the 6/7th of Nov I was out of luck for the PS3 hardened edition.

I also found that everywhere like Game and Gamestation, Asda, Tesco. Almost everywhere ran out of PS3 copies of black ops 2 hardened and xbox 360 still have loads of copies available.

Ah well then, I managed to get my copy so I am happy.

EDIT: I thought I would mention that I myself is from the UK. So yeah, the UK seems to be ever so short on PS3 supplies on hardened edition. It is sold out in all pre orders in the shops and many online retailers can't get it in and have ran out of pre orders.

I think very few online stores now that the hardened edition available so if you are debating on getting it. I would say think before the end of the day or early Friday....

Message was edited by: scotland-rules: Adding in a little extra information

Izjar11

rockinryan wrote:

PS3 and XBOX360. Two great consoles. Which is better? It doesn't matter.

Now we have three different editions of Black Ops 2.

Regular Edition that comes with:

-NUKETOWN 2025 (launch copy or preorder)

-DOUBLE XP NOV 16-18 (preorder only?)

and that's it.

Hardened Edition comes with:

-NUKETOWN 2025 (This doesn't look like you have to order it at a certain time to have NUKETOWN 2025)

-Double Xp (NOV 16-18)

-Steelbook

-Coins (Codes for exclusive in-game content)

-Weapon Camo (a orange and black themed camo)

-Exclusive PlayerCards (Zombies and NUKETOWN 2025 player cards)

-Nuketown Zombies

-XBOX LIVE Avatar (C.L.A.W)

-PS3 Animated Wallpaper (Turbine Map; features a view of the windmills in motion...I think)

and that's it.

CarePackage comes with all of the Hardened Edition features and includes:

-MQ27 Quadrotor RC (DragonFire; known from the 900(?) scorestreak in BO2 the Dragonfire)

Now I have looked at every major retailer (Gamestop, BestBuy, Walmart, Amazon**, ToysRus*, even Target!) and there seems to be no sign of a BO2 Hardened or CP Edition copy for PS3! But everyone of those stores (exclude Amazon, just sold out yesterday) has these for Xbox! Hmmmmm. I'm starting to think one of two things. A) PS3 version is becoming somehow popular and B) people seem to not want XBOX versions. I'm thinking more of A (besides IMO the PS3 heading at the top looks better suited for BO2 than Xbox360, just saying, no favouritism!)

What I want to ask is: do you think you have an idea of why this is happening?

PS: If any one of the retailers restock Hardened Edition for PS3 for NORMAL PRICE (not an amazon user who is selling it for $200 (he's not getting any sells :|) ) you can leave a reply and link...well not really a link, I can do that myself.

*ToyrUs no longer has it listed! But it has a DidYouMean result of a DSi (Hardened Edition) and a Disney Cars wooden model of McQueem (Care Package Edition) lol!

**It was there, but sold out in less than 9 hours.

This was all simply "noticed" hahaha

sstang1

I would assume they made more copies of the special editions for Xbox due to slightly higher unit sales for that system.

My guess.

robbierocket

...so that would imply that the special editions would also have an increased demand, proportionally.

This thread goes round and round.

They didn't distribute a large enough supply of PS3 special editions due to demand. This may also be the same for X-Box, but the OP is saying it the shortfall was worse for PS3.

There many ways to speculate this and no facts without numbers of now, last year, special editions, console owners, etc, etc, etc.