8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 3:23 AM by otherchris RSS

Aimbot and prefire

I was playing on my PS3 when I came across a guy using prefire and an aimbot. I ran a blind eye, assassin perk, and every time I hit corner where he was at he start firing his gun before I even came in site. One game he got a last kill and there was no uav up and he did the same thing. WhenI called him out he switch to sniper, and I know the whole quick scope/ no scope is like a different thing altogether, but I was not going to trust this guy. I can put up demos if you'd like, but I doubt that is would change things. With BO2 coming out and all.

• Re: Aimbot and prefire
    frats74

I don't know about prefire, but he probably could just have an itchy trigger finger.

ATVIAssist

If you were not lagging please use the in-game reporting tool to report the player. You may also email our enforcement team at report@infinityward.com or tweet them at twitter.com/iwenforcers.

^MS

frats74

I experienced lag issues today and as I watched the killcam it did look like the enemy was pre-firing. *shrugs* IDK, man.

ATVIAssist

Not familiar with the term pre-fire but if you were lagging, its more than likely that the latency issue is the reason for this gameplay not cheating. Here are our basic network troubleshooting steps for the PS3

Disable any firewall or security features within your router

Set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your Playstation 3. This game uses ports 2005, 3074, 3075, 3478(UDP) and ports 80, 443, 5223, 3074(TCP).

For voice / video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3™ systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658

- Place your Playstation 3 into the DMZ of your router.

- If both fail, disconnect your router and try the game. If it works regularly at this point something about your router may not be completely compatible with the specific needs of this game. Check with your router manufacturer for additional steps that may need to be done to resolve the issue you are having.

NOTE: If setting port forwarding or DMZ helps your connection issue, you may want to assign your Playstation 3 a static IP address within your home network. This can help to ensure that the configurations you made do not need to done again.

NOTE: Many broadband internet modems are coming with routing capabilities built in. Please contact your internet service provider to determine if your internet modem has an integrated router. If it does, they should be able to assist you with the steps above for setting up your router.

You can find more information on configuring shared connections and forwarding ports for your specific router at http://www.portforward.com. Please be aware that like a firewall we cannot actively support using shared connections to play online.

Once you have verified that your network setup is not the cause of the issue you can try the following.

Try deleting the PS3 browser cache and the browser's cookies.

Do the following to delete the PS3 browser cache:

* In the Playstation XMB select "Network".

* Scroll down and select "Internet Browser" and Press X.

* Press the triangle button.

* Highlight "Tools" and press Right on the analog stick or diagonal pad.

* Scroll down and highlight "Delete Cache".

* Press X and select Yes.

Do the following to delete the browser's cookies:

* In the Playstation XMB select "Network".

* Scroll down and select "Internet Browser" and Press X.

* Press the triangle button.

* Highlight "Tools" and press Right on the analog stick or diagonal pad.

* Scroll down and highlight "Delete Cookies".

* Press X and select Yes.

- Try connecting to a different server. Some servers may have other players connected to them that you do not have an optimal connection with. To do so back out to the main menu and select Multiplayer and then attempt to join a game.

------------------------------------------

* Disable any firewall or security features on your router

* Set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your Xbox 360. This game uses port 3074 (UDP/TCP)

Additionally Xbox Live requires ports 80, 53 (TCP) and 88, 53 (UDP).

- Place your Xbox 360 into the DMZ of your router

- If both fail, disconnect your router and try the game. If it works regularly at this point something about your router may not be completely compatible with the specific needs of this game. Check with your router manufacturer and Microsoft's Xbox Live Networking Help page for additional steps that may need to be done to resolve the issue you are having.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/troubleshooting/NetworkHelp.a spx

- You can also check the following link to verify that you have an Xbox Live compatible router.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/getconnected/CompatibleNetwor kEquipment/CompatibleNetworkingEquipment.aspx

NOTE: If setting port forwarding or DMZ helps your connection issue, you may want to assign your Xbox 360 a static IP address within your home network. This can help to ensure that the configurations you made do not need to be done again.

NOTE: Many broadband internet modems are coming with routing capabilities built in. Please contact your internet service provider to determine if your internet modem has an integrated router. If it does, they should be able to assist you with the steps above for setting up your router.

* Once you have verified that your network setup is not the cause of the issue, try the following

- Try connecting to a different server. Some servers may have other players connected to them that you do not have an optimal connection with. In most games this is accomplished by backing out to the main menu and then selecting multiplayer again. From there you can try connecting to another online game.

- Run the Xbox Network Self Test to see how strong your NAT is currently set to. Turn on your Xbox 360 without a disc inside and go to "My Xbox", select "System Settings"-> "Network Settings" then choose "Test Xbox Live Connection" and let the test run. Once the test is completed you will be notified if there is an issue with your connection. If you select "More Info" you will be given information about your NAT type and some steps to resolve any issues with your connection.

^MS

Gbrown17

I have definatly come across this too, I tried to report them and nothing happened.

Gbrown17

I have definatly come across this too, I tried to report them and nothing happened.

There will be a whole lot more "hackers" on cod from now on, even in the latest call of duties. The problem is that they have the consoles LV0 encryption keys. When black-ops II comes out it will be instantly be decrypted, dumped, reverse engineered and re-scripted.

Xaiyu

Sitrep Pro ftw