20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2012 11:53 AM by s7ra1gh7upb3as7 RSS

What is a good time to buy a wii u & BO2?

Daocow123

So, I'm not getting a wii u for Christmas because I've already saved up for a laptop, and my wii works perfectly fine. I'm thinking I should get it mid2013, but I dont know how long this game will last. Help...

• Re: What is a good time to buy a wii u & BO2?
    EliteKing

day after xmas?

like2nap03

I'm picking mine up around noon on launch day.  I'll let you know if that was a good time or not.  I'm hoping the crowd will be gone by then.

Dude, I like to keep upto speedwith this stuff, I listen to podcasts and read loadsa articles from gamers/devs etc, and the theme regarding COD is that the games life span is becoming shorter and shorter.

People played cod4 and waw for like 2 years, MW2 lasted maybe 6 months, same with BO ,and MW3 was done for by february! If the current trend is anything to go by, mid 2013 will be months too late, BUT there is hope, at least for the Wii guys

Seeing as we`ve never had DLC before, this may help the game last longer on our console. I think thats why BO lasted a lot longer on wii than other consoles, as it was a great upgrade on waw, even without DLC I suddenly had more points per kill, more gamemodes, better graphics etc etc - I missed out on reflex, so it was HUGE upgrade for me at least from WAW. Also BO2 promises so much more in depth stuff than other cods have given us.

Playing devils advocate, the wii guys will now have a HUGE array of other games to play that we`ve never had before, and that may guide people away from COD if it turns out to be like MW3 ??

All in all, its anyones guess, and I think your better off asking this question in April 2013

Played with you the other week btw, your a damm fine player

skMace0

get it at the first price drop. That's what I'm doing... If I can make it that long without playing assasins creed 3...

like2nap03

You might be waiting a while.  They are selling this one at a loss fromg the get-go.  They've never launched a console selling it at a loss before.  I wouldn't expect a price drop for at least a year. 

I had the money to buy it so I preordered it.  Two of them actually. Plus I didn't want to chance camping out in front of a store all night again.  I'm getting too old for that crap.  I'm married, have a house, and resposibilities now and it's hard to find something worth losing that much sleep over and still having to work the next day.

Anyway, even though I can afford it, so I don't pay any money out of pocket, I'm selling my Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, and a bunch of games.  I have no use for them anymore.  The Wii will be my backup console and it plays Gamecube games.  I have a 3DS now and never play the Gameboy.  Instead of collecting dust I figured I would get something out of them. That covered the cost of the first Wii U.  I plan on selling the second one on Ebay and the money I get from that will cover the cost of the games I buy. 

Wii didnt drop for 2 years and was sold out very early 2 xmas`s in a row, it was in such high demand they couldnt make them quick enough.

skMace0

well then it looks like I may just be waiting for my first opportunity to buy one sometime after Christmas when they are done being sold out. Can't blame me for being hopeful.

like2nap03

Yeah, I was just throwing out some suggestions for console purchases.  They are expensive after all.  Even if I couldn't afford the preorders I would have done something to get a preorder regardless.  Whether it be selling all my old games, mowing some yards in the neighborhood, or working overtime.  If you don't mind waiting then more power to you.  I don't have your patience when it comes to new consoles.  I'll prepare the same way if I decide to buy the next Xbox or PS3.  That all depends on third party support though.  I care nothing for the exclusive titles on those consoles.  I would only get them if the Wii U was lacking in third party support.  From what I read, I don't see system horsepower being the problem.  If what i've read is true then something else would have to play a factor for the Wii U to not get the thrid party support.

Anyway, I hope you don't have to wait to long to get one, but if you're waiting for a price drop it may be a while.  Maybe some website will have some sort of Christmas deal on a Wii U though.  Hope it works out for you. 

infinitlag

Christmas. Call me a noob but I'll save about $100.

beedifer

8.45am, for me is best time to get to my optimum buy zone, i could buy the fark out of anything at 8.45am...

true story

It's good to get the wii U after Christmas because when the wii U comes out, there will be bugs and glitchy stuff.

like2nap03

Found out my local gamestop will be opening 3 hours early, at 8:00am, that Sunday for the release of the console.  I still won't get there before noon though.  I'm not losing sleep just because the console is being released that day.