1 550 551 552 553 554 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,510. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    K1ller_911

I think the ps servers must be in around NY i have a couple buddys that live there and just absolutely destroy everyone moab after moab after moab like its nothing. They dont have any connection problems.

• 5,511. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

eko wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Xbox Live is used for match making on MW3.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

So PSN is used for matchmaking on PS3 then?

Sounds like IW is passing the blame.

PSN is not used for match making on PS3. Our own proprietary back end handles match making on platforms other than Xbox on MW3. My statement wasn't intended to be an accountability dodge in any way; it's incumbent upon our developers to ensure we work with any partners to deliver a system that is working. We liaise regularly with both Sony, Microsoft and Valve (Steam).

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 5,512. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

maccabi wrote:

Ss78_ wrote:

Teanah I asked about the new playlist in this thread and got no reply, is it out yet, what's the script with it, I'm bored with warfighter already, valiant effort but nothing beats cod for me.

Infinity Ward @InfinityWard

#MW3some playlist is now live in #MW3. Includes community voted maps & modes: TDM, Dom, S&D + Dome, Hardhat, Terminal.

Thanks for catching this! Everyone can vote again this upcoming week for their top 3 favorite maps and game modes on the MW3 facebook page

• 5,513. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Iamcod wrote:

Darn, you removed epic proportions of posts. Cheers to a new and improved MW3.

Yes.

Just a note to everyone: Don't feed trolls. If someone comes on the thread ranting or looking for an argument, just flag them and we'll take care of it.

but... I had that awesome post proving "talking" is an action because it's listed as a verb! =[

• 5,514. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

maccabi wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Nubdub wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Nubdub wrote:

I think IW has dangled a carrot in front of our face for over 11 months with either no intention or way to fix the sync issues. I believe they know what is wrong but do not have the capibility/ authorization to fix it.(microsoft hosts their matchmaking system)

the only people who dangled carrots was beachhead.. who went on a massive charm offensive wierdly at exactly the same time as microsoft started issuing refunds for elite.. and wierdly just before the first content drop was announced.

but nice theory on microsoft hosting their matchmaking system.. its shame that isnt the case if it was i'd be able to play with people in my own country.

Its not a theory. We have been told in earlier chat with the devs that IW use microsoft to host their matchmaking servers.(for xbox). I am sure it would be like pulling teeth getting microsoft to change their server algorithms.

Granted everything has to pass through XBL/PSN gateways when connecting, if Demonware goes down, then everything goes down.Hence why servers might crash for hours at a time, but you can still go play a different MP for a different franchise.

I'm quite sure we don't use their servers for MM.

Xbox Live is used for match making on MW3.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

ok i then stand corrected I was abit confuddled coulda sworn ages ago in the original post you said you used your own system , i apologise for being so down on what i thought was your own system but anyways..

Dons technobabble head...

Right sure you wont answer most of this ...under your behind the curtain rule:) but would i be right in assuming then we are talking about the system microsoft named after something referenced from a comic book ?

I think I now actually understand the issues you guys are having with matchmaking, tell me if im getting warm..

The main two parts that make up the system both have issues ,geolocation underestimates latency between two point , and ncs underestimates because it doesnt account for TIV's , bootstrapping counters this to some degree but as you're dealing with singly connected home users the system is inherently flawed as it doesn't account for an isps own routing policies which will add alot of latency onto the results, and the amount of block bought ips they own (which is where i think your main issues are).. so the tweaks and updates you've been doing have basically been tweaking the heuristics and updating the history prioritization as the results you get back on the rtt (observed) dont gel with the rtt (expected) .I would assume your results for points have a built in uncertainity for its coordinates and a force/wieght is applied depending on that uncertianity? It would explain to me at least why i could flip matchmaking depending on what connection i use and why people are people shuffled all around the place outside their "local" search since a good few months back.

Sshhh. We aren't supposed to know about Htrae.

• 5,515. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

and @nubdub,

I live in Indiana. I was.constantly forced to play against Ricans all the time. So that says I was consistently playing on East Coast.

• 5,516. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    zestroy

IW,

With consumers relating issues, asking questions, and looking for information here and on other medias daily, why is the communities liaison to the Devs concerned more with sentence structure and socializing?

This community deserves answers to its questions and results for its expenditures. In business, be wary of indifference and neglect or you just may experience it!

• 5,517. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

ChestSplittah wrote:

and @nubdub,

I live in Indiana. I was.constantly forced to play against Ricans all the time. So that says I was consistently playing on East Coast.

PS3 or xbox?

• 5,518. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Foxhound-Pro

zestroy wrote:

IW,

With consumers relating issues, asking questions, and looking for information here and on other medias daily, why is the communities liaison to the Devs concerned more with sentence structure and socializing?

This community deserves answers to its questions and results for its expenditures. In business, be wary of indifference and neglect or you just may experience it!

Her statement was made jokingly because of a series of events that you may not have seen.

Someone came to the thread and began flaming as well as attacking the developers after being banned for similar actions on their primary account. She made a witty comment back to this person and then ignored them. When I removed the derailing content, from the then banned user, I put out the Internet 101 statement of "don't feed the trolls." Thus her response was a joke to me and about the situation. It was her being a human and showing some well deserved joking/humor after some of the less than stellar reactions that some people have shown over the course of the thread.

While you may not find any of their efforts suitable for your own standards, but they've done quite a bit and the current status of announcements and updates I do believe is pending. You can look at her posting history as well as Ghandi's for more information.

FWIW: This thread shouldn't be a punching bag, and a place to chastise when the developers joke back.

• 5,519. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

Teanah es muy bueno para traducir del espanol al ingles tambien!