1 547 548 549 550 551 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,480. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    K1ller_911

Who is in charge of the dev team? It would be nice if we could get an actual dev on here because talking to 3-4 people to pass a message along probably isnt the most effective means of getting something done. What do they do all day? How many are there? How do they test lag on a lan? I think they really should be giving out a beta in the future instead of the game itself being the beta.

• 5,481. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

teanah wrote:

Datura wrote:

Ah that's good to hear. In other words its never going to be fixed eh Oh dear..oh dear.. what has IW become.

That's not what I said. Sometimes I wonder if people are just here to attack me instead of get a constructive conversation going with devs

My reply is based on IW's performance over the last 11.5 months in its attempts to fix the matchmaking and hosting issues,  you have tried hard, but unfortunately there has been little improvement. There is 2 weeks left in it's lifecycle and your currently ".. looking at the data and we still are waiting for an ETA from them on when it'll be implemented across all multliplayer........"  Hence my reply to that, quoted above, is entirely reasonable. How you managed confused this entirely justifiable  criticism towards a product, from a paying customer,  as a reason to claim you're being "personally attacked" I'll put down to crossed wires.

• 5,482. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    WhiskeyH6

It took only 15 minutes of playing Black Ops on 360 for the 1st time in 6 months to reinforce what a clunky, broken piece of crap this game continues to be.  The difference is astounding.  Good riddance MW3.  You dont even deserve to be called "Call of Duty"

• 5,483. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

IndyOldGuy wrote:

"TU6: Additional improvements to address lag.

TU7: Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered."

Wow how bad was the game back then? Just curious as I didnt play much online back then

For me it was better back then. Sure it was very broken, but at least I could find some playable lobbies. Now I can't find any. 100% lag comped.

Candice / Teanah / Ghandi, are you going to put those reverted TDM lag comp tweaks back in the game at some point?

• 5,484. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

teanah wrote:

axxo88 wrote:

teanah wrote:

th3rever3nd wrote:

Datura wrote:

Is there anything to report about the almighty patch that would fix the matchmaking and improve the general low quality MP experience? I seem to remember Ghandi doing a lot of chest beating about it not long ago. It seems hes now gone and all that remains is the usual generic info by the community relations person?

There is no patch and there will be no patch. Or at least there will be no patch that does anything. BO2 is less than 3 weeks away. All they have to do is placate us for 19 more days and then this forum will go silent. MW3 is what it is. MW2 has noob tubes, oma, and commando; MW3 has matching making and syncing issues.

We did issue a change with the Domination playlist-- and we have yet to roll it out to the other playlists. The multiplayer guys are still looking at the data and we still are waiting for an ETA from them on when it'll be implemented across all multliplayer

@teanah: Will those changes be definately go to all Playlist or is there a Chance that the Changes made to Domination will be set back to before the last Update if the Data obviously would show that it got a lot worse with the Updated Netcode?

You know I'm thinking you're on the right track. But the multiplayer team said they will have an answer for this by  next week. So I'll keep you informed!

I am glad to hear that the networking team is still invested in this game. However, my position hasn't changed. I've been playing the "updated" domination and I have experienced no change in the severity of syncing issues. None. And that is completely odd to me because I am an engineer and I have working knowledge of mathematics and physics and odds say that with all the changes I would have at least once noticed a positive difference. Alas, zero change. Since November 8 (my birthday btw) of last year I have been fighting "lag compensation" problems. I have been engaging in this forum since late November and engaging with Ghandi specifically about the lag problems since February. I know my name says I've only posted since July. But, that is because the account that is linked to my gamertag lost the ability to "reply" in the forums; another problem that I've brought to the devs attention several times with no avail. So, I was forced to make a new account just to post in the forum. I agree with another forumer said. Everyone working on the team are nice, intelligent and amazing people. But, for some reason MW3 just plain sucks. And I'm frankly getting offended when the devs play the "well we aren't responding because you guys are being mean and not providing constructive feedback" card. Go look at what happened to Bioware when they played that card after the ME3 ending debacle. Anyway, I mean no disrepect and no hard feelings. Forgive me if I sound insenstive but please understand tone does not carry through the internet. I am calm and very much happy to see you engaged. I just simply won't be purchasing IW products anymore. And if BO2 has similar problems I will no longer be purchasing CoD products. Peace out forums. I'm sure I'll see most of you in the BO2 forums asking to fix the lag problems or hunter killer drone spam problems or ghost problems or emp problems or whatever horrible niche the dregs of the community decide to exploit  in a few weeks.

• 5,485. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    DecisiveBlow

I'd just like to note, to all the Dev team and G IH A IN ID II,

I know you guys won't fix this game, no disrespect - just more, me being practical. Next game everyone will have low confidence in you and your studio. Rather than showing us just new toys that you will no doubt stick in the next game please have a mix of 'We learned our mistakes from last time, we've done this and this and this to improve it' and then some new toys

• 5,486. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

I think IW has dangled a carrot in front of our face for over 11 months with either no intention or way to fix the sync issues. I believe they know what is wrong but do not have the capibility/ authorization to fix it.(microsoft hosts their matchmaking system)

• 5,487. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Nubdub wrote:

I think IW has dangled a carrot in front of our face for over 11 months with either no intention or way to fix the sync issues. I believe they know what is wrong but do not have the capibility/ authorization to fix it.(microsoft hosts their matchmaking system)

I sort of agree. But to paraphrase the second martix movie: the networking code is like a building. There are things built on top of other things on top of other things. So, it would be a huge undertaking to try to change major portions of the code. They simply have no way of knowing what it might adversly affect somewhere else. I really appreciate IW's effort to try to control or at least cap the host advantage. But, for some reason they took it too far. Either because of lack of experience, not having a beta, bad luck, or what have you. At this point the reasons are irrelevant and the proof is in the pudding. You get on MW3 multiplayer, it can literally take up to 5 or 6 minutes to get into a game. I have put my personal pvr footage of myself with an open NAT waiting almost 6 minutes to get into a game on this forum for Ghandi to get into the devs hands. Then when you get into a game if you have somewhat decent internet everyone on the other team has the "host advantage" against you. And I am still convinced that they put people with higher K/D's and W/L's like myself on teams with people who have very low stats. Either way, as I stated earlier they only have to listen to us rant for 15 or so more days and then most of us will move to the BO2 forums. If a patch does come out don't expect much.

• 5,488. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    DecisiveBlow

Nubdub wrote:

They cater for more than one console

+ If that was true, then G IH A IN ID II would have the authority in his new position about 45 days ago. Then you also have to think how deep Uncle Bobbys pockets are and his business strategy - either put out a decent game that everyone likes so people come back for the next iteration or just put out a game (where no game is perfect) and fix minor things.

Conspiracys will leave you paranoid

• 5,489. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    axxo88

I wonder what will happen in 13 Months when the new CoD comes out. I would bet everything that everyone, who is complaining here will buy the new Title from IW anyways no matter how bad mw3 was, it will be forgotten until then. Another Thing is that it maybe will be released on a new Generation of Systems, so everyone will buy it anyways because it has to be better than Bo2...