1 543 544 545 546 547 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,440. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    axxo88

BladesOut wrote:

Ok, so explain this one away... I go to play some AoN... I pull host. My connection is jumping between 2 and 3 bar(and I'm HOST). Lowest person in the lobby between 1 and 2 bar, everyone else a solid 3 bar. I played for about 30 seconds, said screw this and backed out... Duh, host migration. I try to find another match and get thrown back in the same lobby, different host, everyone including myself has a 4 bar except the previous 1-2 bar guy who has a 3 bar. How was I ever chosen as the "best host"??? The net code in this game is sooooo amazing!

Correct me if i am wrong, but if you are the Hosting the Game(public Lobbies), you always have 4Bars because those Bars describe your Connection to the Host, isn´t that the Case?

How else would you figure out that you pulled Host in the first Place ?

• 5,441. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    iigallowsii

I have seen lobbies with all 3 bars including the host this is nothing new and happend in blops.

• 5,442. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

I take it you have never found yourself in the magic lobbies where noe one has a 4bar, and everyone is surfing around.

• 5,443. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

pulling69 wrote:

Interesting news from the BOP2 front:

Black Ops 2 @BlackOpsIINews    

Black Ops II online matchmaking will be based on latency and ping instead of just location, improving in game-connection and reducing lag. 

So does that mean that current matchmaking is only on location, or are they refering to just BOPs? Either way nice to see they are addressing the issue.

That's a fake account pulling =/

• 5,444. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    3barconspiracy

teanah wrote:

3barconspiracy wrote:

test

[IMG][/IMG]

a

what is it exactly you wanted me to look at?

hi Tina
    i just want to ask u ,if u re guys in IW aware of this 3 bar issue, if somehow game favours 3bar connections, or it s just coincidence?
    because i see a lot of 3bar players have really good scores, and i took pictures with phone and posted them here, and i want to know, if it s real or not, because i sometimes feel like when fighting 3bar players ( i am almost all the time 4bar), they seems like they re ahead in time or something
    im on xbox, with 1mb upload, time warner, wired connection

that 53-2 score, was in MITD mode, where lot of ppls hunt moabs with juggernaut, but still looks little weird to me, and i also posted other pictures, so i just want to know, if i am just paranoid or else

• 5,445. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

th3rever3nd wrote:

Datura wrote:

Is there anything to report about the almighty patch that would fix the matchmaking and improve the general low quality MP experience? I seem to remember Ghandi doing a lot of chest beating about it not long ago. It seems hes now gone and all that remains is the usual generic info by the community relations person?

There is no patch and there will be no patch. Or at least there will be no patch that does anything. BO2 is less than 3 weeks away. All they have to do is placate us for 19 more days and then this forum will go silent. MW3 is what it is. MW2 has noob tubes, oma, and commando; MW3 has matching making and syncing issues.

We did issue a change with the Domination playlist-- and we have yet to roll it out to the other playlists. The multiplayer guys are still looking at the data and we still are waiting for an ETA from them on when it'll be implemented across all multliplayer

• 5,446. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

3barconspiracy wrote:

teanah wrote:

3barconspiracy wrote:

test

[IMG][/IMG]

a

what is it exactly you wanted me to look at?

hi Tina
    i just want to ask u ,if u re guys in IW aware of this 3 bar issue, if somehow game favours 3bar connections, or it s just coincidence?
    because i see a lot of 3bar players have really good scores, and i took pictures with phone and posted them here, and i want to know, if it s real or not, because i sometimes feel like when fighting 3bar players ( i am almost all the time 4bar), they seems like they re ahead in time or something
    im on xbox, with 1mb upload, time warner, wired connection

that 53-2 score, was in MITD mode, where lot of ppls hunt moabs with juggernaut, but still looks little weird to me, and i also posted other pictures, so i just want to know, if i am just paranoid or else

I don't think you're paranoid. But I also know it's possible to have the top score with a 4-bar; I did that on the livestream. Please let me know if this 3-bar issue you're seeing continues.

• 5,447. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

iigallowsii wrote:

yeah it definatly seems like they just strung us along for months in hopes of a patch to fix the game. This will be the last IW developed cod I purchase and I own ever game starting with cod2. I will only be purchasing treyarch developed titles in the future. Atleast Vahn seems to have honest conversations with the community.

Von is a good guy and Treyarch is cool. I don't know why the community believes I don't have a friendship with him.

• 5,448. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Datura

Ah that's good to hear. In other words its never going to be fixed eh ;) Oh dear..oh dear.. what has IW become.

• 5,449. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    pulling69

teanah wrote:

pulling69 wrote:

Interesting news from the BOP2 front:

Black Ops 2 @BlackOpsIINews    

Black Ops II online matchmaking will be based on latency and ping instead of just location, improving in game-connection and reducing lag. 

So does that mean that current matchmaking is only on location, or are they refering to just BOPs? Either way nice to see they are addressing the issue.

That's a fake account pulling =/

Fake account? How about un-official then? Either way it seems to have reported news that is true and straight from Vonn:

"Now that were are a less than a month away from the annual Call of Duty game release, Treyarch has been serving up information about Black Ops 2 on a near-daily basis. Today’s topic: matchmaking, which will not be region-based.

What does that mean, exactly? Basically, the matchmaking in past CoD games has assigned players to games that fall into that player’s region, regardless of other variables. That means that the game doesn't care if you’re about to join a game that is comprised mostly of Starbucks customers as long as they are in the right region.

Game design director David Vondehaar stated on Twitter that the matchmaking has been revamped, and will now focus on latency and ping, so if you have a great connection, you will be grouped with players that are similarly smooth. Obviously, this should fix some problems, as in the past the only thing we have truly been able to count on besides a CoD every year is the matchmaking being broken at launch.

Vondehaar also said the team is still working on trying to bring back the Locale-based preference system."