45 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2012 7:10 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Noob, serious question please don't flame me.

Photoman23

I've been playing for 8 months or so and am not very good and my kids enjoy playing online with me as well, I really enjoy playing team deathmatch and domination.  We played the crap outta survival and got bored so started playing multiplayer alot lately.  I guess I am making people mad, not sure why...I can't get better without playing, but how do I play without making experienced players mad?  I am asking this for positive feedback so I can learn to get better and not make people mad, so please don't flame me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

• Re: Noob, serious question please don't flame me.
    TheSurgeon83

Go to youtube, there's a loads of gameplays with commentarys covering everything, from what perks to use, killstreaks, weapons etc and you can pick up tips on playstyle as well. If you're struggling, use a really easy gun like the MP7 of ACR, and learn the maps in a private match.

Photoman23

Thanks for the info, I have seen a few things on youtube, but will research more.  I am pretty fammiliar with the maps from playing survival.  I am just struggling trying to enjoy the game, but not too sure why I am making so many mad.  They don't like campers, but on some maps when I try to run and gun I get like 4 to 10 kills and 25 or so deaths...that can't be helping my team out at all.  I will do as you have recommended though and thanks again.

DerekFrost

Tmartn has alot of tips and tricks videos they would help noobs alot (no offense I just know they are great for advice)

A couple of tips to help you be more "useful" in TDM and Dom.

1. S L O W DOWN and stop trying to run n gun.

2. Always aim in before you WALK around a corner.

3. Put a Silencer on your gun. stay off the mini map.

4. Run Recon Pro, Frags and Flash or Stun grenades. Identify enemy positions.

5. Run Assassin Pro, to keep you off of the mini map.

6. Run Sitrep Pro, to identify dodgy care packs and hear the enemy coming sooner.

7. Run Support Killstreks with UAV, Vests, AUAV. Your team will love you for that.

8. Put a Stinger on and BE THE ANTI AIR SUPPORT MAN < great one.

9. In Dom stick to DEFENDING your home and B flags and never triple cap, it will flip the spawns and get your team mates shot in the back. Stay outta that enemy spawn.

10. Use the n00biest guns in the game MP7 and ACR.

Hope these tips help you out.

Photoman23

WOW....very helpful and so much appreciated!!!!!  Thanks so much!!!  1 question...what did you mean by "Triple cap"?

Triple cap means if your team has flag AB or CB DO NOT capture the last enemy flag (Which is normally A or C flag)

There is times where it's okay to triple cap.

1. If your team has A and C flag go capture B flag cause B is the most important flag and let them take one flag that is A or C flag.

2. If your team is losing by a lot of points or the enemy team is very close to winning and you know your team can't make it with two flags capture the last flag.

3. To flip the spawns. If your home flag (Which is A or C) has a disadvantage land wise (Example would be A flag on mission or A flag on interchange.) making it easier to kill your team.

Photoman23 wrote:

WOW....very helpful and so much appreciated!!!!!  Thanks so much!!!  1 question...what did you mean by "Triple cap"?

I'm glad I could help a little.

As Amaterus has mentioned a triple cap is when a team captures all 3 flags. This should only be done if it's a game saving drastic measure.

Usually the best start to a Dom game is having a man or 3 capture (Cap) the home flag which is A or C near your spawn and the others grab B. Then as the n00b it is better for you to stay back as the anchor man and defend the home flag or stay between the home and B flags.

There are occasions when a spawn and home flag flip are desirable but let the more experienced players dictate when that is via the mic.

obzi

Even when your good you will still get grief, in fact the better you get the more grief you'll get because (apparently) you can't do well in this game without using an aimbot, a hack, cheat, an OP gun or whatever.

All you can do as mentioned above is to mute anyone having a go at you and don't read any messages, just delete them .

It's hard at the very beginning and still frustrating after you've been playing for years but you will get better with time.

prepare4thab00m

Hey mate I have videos on my channel for easy class setup's for beginner's. I hope this helped   http://www.youtube.com/user/prepare4b00m?feature=guide

i find with beginners, their biggest problem is typically aiming. So the first thing i would suggest doing, is as your third perk, use steady aim.. That was instead of trying to learn some more advanced moves like strafing and aiming down sight at the same time, which requires the use of both sticks... you can just hipfire people. and essentially aim, using just your left stick and strafing... Than you can slowly work your way into using both sticks

phxs72

1. Mute the lobby.  There's way too many inmature players out there of all ages.  Not to mention the language if your kids are playing.  Mine play too by the way.

2.  Silenced weapons, Assasin, Blind Eye if you're using the ACR (Slieght of Hand or Recon if not) and Sitrep or Marksman.

3.  Learn the flow of the maps.  It's quite different from Survival mode.  Learn where the enemy is going to flood to and flank around them to catch them from behind.  Just be aware that someone from the enemy team is likely trying to do the same thing.  So be ready for them as well.

4.  Camp more than run and gun while you are figuring this stuff out.  It's really easy to die in this game.  If you do run and gun use SMG's and hipfire them (Steady Aim will help) but you will need to take routes that will keep the lines of sight short or the AR users will pick you off.

5.  Once you get comfortable with all of this and are able to string a few kills together consider switching to some low level Assualt killstreaks and use Hardline.  UAV, Pred Missile, and Attack Helicopter are pretty easy to get.  The Pred is a 4 Killstreak with Hardline and if you use it in the same life that you get it, the kills you get from it will count towards the kills needed to get your Attack Heli which is a 6 Killstreak with Hardline.  Also know that capping a flag counts as a kill towards your killstreak.

6.  We all have good and bad games.  So don't worry about what your teamates think and just work on your game for the sake of making yourself happy.  I'm 20th Prestige and my first game last night I joined late and went 9 and 19.  Somehow I just kept getting shot in the back and I was trying to use pistols which didn't help.  My second game in the same lobby, I played my normal style and went 32 and 8.  I'm sure the guys on the other team had to have help picking their jaws up off the floor.

IHerpIMyIDerp

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the videos (at work cant watch them) but a class I find very easy to use is the MP7 with Rapid fire/ silencer, Slight of Hand, Assasin, and Sitrep pro (takes a while to unlock) or Stalker pro. For your secondary try the MP9 with a silencer. Portable Radar is great for holding down a location. Another weapon you might want to try out is the M16 (with silencer + red dot), since the buff it is very powerful and an early unlock.

For your Killstreaks try out Support, the Recon Drone helps collect a ton of XP to level you up and also locate the enemy.

Oh and another thing, try keeping to the edge of the map, running into the middle is risky. If your playing DOM and want to cap B, I suggest using smoke grenades. Throw them on the B flag then try to lay down, if your with a party, get someone to use the Trophy so you can throw down smoke + a trophy so you dont have to worry about any explosives hitting you while capping.

Datura

Phxs72 has it pretty much nailed, additionally bear in mind your sensitivity, start off low and work your way up until you find one that's comfortable. Also try using SMGs more, quicker ADS and better hip fire for those panic moments. The PP90 with rapid fire is a buzz saw close-mid quarters for hip fire. Perks, try Slight of Hand, Assassin, Steady Aim. I always point my noob friends to that gun and perk setup when starting out. It really give you a fighting chance. Secondary, akimbo Scorpions or single MP9 ext mags/silencer. Hug walls and go where your team mates aren't. Definately use Assassin otherwise you ll be getting killed so much you won't have time to learn anything. As you get better you'll want to be seen on UAV ;)

But don't worry about MW3, you ll love Multiplayer Bot Mode for simulating multiplayer in BO2 when it comes out in a couple of weeks. Survival was a weak effort by IW, just uses story mode AI and in no way does it prep you for online play.

Ss78_

Ignore them they were bad players once too.

Find a gun that works for you, level it up to get the kick perk for less recoil. Acr or scar with silencer might help if you're having trouble on bigger maps. Mp7 or pp with rapid fire with or without silencer for smaller maps.

Don't run out into the open, stick to the sides of the map until you understand the choke points like people recommend.

Use your grenades! Grenades for bigger maps, semtex for smaller maps.

Carry a stinger to take down helis/uav and have a blinde eye class for when you're getting killed by streaks. Get to know the perks and find what helps you most. Get killed reloading all the time? use slieght of hand etc.

Try a different sensitivity you might be moving too slow or quick to get your aim/play style groove on.

Ever played campaign on veteran? Remember how cautious you had to be? Maybe apply that sort of mentality until you turn it flipside on all those that get mad and then you'll get another kind of abuse

Izjar11

I guess I am making people mad, not sure why...I can't get better without playing, but how do I play without making experienced players mad?

A noble thing to consider what others are thinking about how you play the game. Play the game, if they get mad that is there problem not yours.

I am asking this for positive feedback so I can learn to get better and not make people mad, so please don't flame me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Again your sincerity is rare here, but good stuff. No one should flame you for being honest, best advice a COD veteran (been playing COD multiplayer games since 09) is to just play! Play and play, do not care what others think, like anything else in life (even video games) you need to practice. So play, try everything, camp, hide, run, jump, dash, duck throw, what ever. Try it, something will stick and boom there goes your best advice. Good luck. 

Photoman23

Thanks, really appreciate the insight and advice, as well as the compliments!!!  I have already used much of the advice given to me in this thread and have seen a slight difference, so I will keep trying and hopefully get better.

Thanks to all who have posted such helpful replys to my thread!!!

Moofda

Yeah, people are sometimes really mean to newer people. Try not to let it get to you and mute them if they're aggressive. Everyone was new once, people just seem to forget that once they become comfortable with the game.

There have been some really good points in this thread that should help you a lot.Another thing you could try is running support for a while. Support is great for newer players, as it doesn't matter if you die and you can get your rewards from more than just killing, like capping a flag for example.

Also, this will help your team a lot. Especially if you ran UAV, ballistic vests, than an advanced UAV, or even a recon drone. You may not be the best yet, but you can still help out your team a lot with that setup and you can remind your team that you're helping them. =)

Try it out for a while, the vests will help you too as you'll have a little more allowance on bullet damage. Keep learning, and try to ignore the people who bash on you. Usually they have their own personal problems that become exposed by the anonymity of the internet.

Photoman23

Thanks Moofda, very helpful info.  I did switch all my stuff to support, except the class my boy likes to use...cause he likes the assult stuff.  Last night I was doing UAV alot and vests alot.  I even got Sam truett's quite often.  Not too sure what to do or how to use Same truett's or recon drone though.  They usually took out the ST when I deployed it. LOL

Don't mute your own team mates unless they are rude or annoying. You can pick up some friends and good advice on the mic.

Noob_Lyncher

You want the other team to get mad. If your opponents are getting mad, you're doing something right. I just got accused of modding because I smeared this guy with a PP90 while dropshotting. It made me feel so warm inside.