1 534 535 536 537 538 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,350. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

K1ller_911 wrote:

Wait...so if i see awaiting challenge at the loading screen that means im host? I see that every game i think. Is that true? This damn game i swear i just dont know anymore its pretty much over for mw3 but IW shouldn't quit working on the problem maybe they can get it figured out in the next year before their next one.

If you see awaiting challenge without seeing awaiting connection then you are host.  Sometimes, not all the time, when you are not host you will still see awaiting challenge AFTER awaiting connection.

• 5,351. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    m77_a

Acknowledging the fact you've already pointed out not to give server files access to players renting servers, I'd like to point out why: there are two-faced losers who, whenever you kill them on Battlefield 3, will most likely kick you out of the lobby because he is an admin. The situation with Battlefield 3 servers is not good when it comes to admins on their servers. Don't ruin this community even more by allowing 10 year old brats to lord it over other players, it's one reason why I think BF3 fails.

• 5,352. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    K1ller_911

The thing is i dont even have a great internet im basic broadband adsl 3 down .7 up my ping is decent i guess ...its 35 or so nothing special. I can't imagine why it would keep picking me as host 8-10 games. Its just so horrible almost all the time its really 2x's as bad if i try playing during clan ops. People say oh but it may not be perfect but its not unplayable, i wish those people could sit in my living room and try playing during a clan ops i bet anything they would go negative almost every game. Its just sickening i dont even bother trying to play during those times any more i just turn it off and walk away.

• 5,353. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

m77_a wrote:

Acknowledging the fact you've already pointed out not to give server files access to players renting servers, I'd like to point out why: there are two-faced losers who, whenever you kill them on Battlefield 3, will most likely kick you out of the lobby because he is an admin. The situation with Battlefield 3 servers is not good when it comes to admins on their servers. Don't ruin this community even more by allowing 10 year old brats to lord it over other players, it's one reason why I think BF3 fails.

Yes, there is always that risk when players Admin their own servers, which is why there would be regular servers in which no player has access to kick/ban features, so that if you run into those kinds of Admins, you can get on a normal server without worrying about that.

Allowing players to rent their own server simply opens up additional server slots around the world, but also gives players an area to do Clan stuff in a centralized location that is always open to their members without worrying about whether or not a host is on.

• 5,354. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

Me and the rest of my clan mates all but gave up if not the clan ops. It is horrible to play. That point in time is when you can really see the horrible connection problems. You get to experience how much you and your team are out of sync along with the other players.

• 5,355. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    K1ller_911

You would think it would be better if anything right? More people playing a better chance to be matched up to a better connection lol ..thats the logic right? Isnt that the whole purpose of a matchmaking system? This matchmaking is just a complete disaster to say the least.

• 5,356. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

K1ller_911 wrote:

The thing is i dont even have a great internet im basic broadband adsl 3 down .7 up my ping is decent i guess ...its 35 or so nothing special. I can't imagine why it would keep picking me as host 8-10 games. Its just so horrible almost all the time its really 2x's as bad if i try playing during clan ops. People say oh but it may not be perfect but its not unplayable, i wish those people could sit in my living room and try playing during a clan ops i bet anything they would go negative almost every game. Its just sickening i dont even bother trying to play during those times any more i just turn it off and walk away.

I know how you feel.  I have 50 down/5 up, about 10 ping to areas close to me (no higher than 80 to anywhere in the continental US) so I understand why I get host but it's not enjoyable.  And the clan ops... aside from the cheap tactics people use to try and place highly in those things, yeah, the network performance somehow takes a dive.  You'd think that it would make it better because so many more people would be playing but it just seemed to introduce even more 3 bar players to stick on my host where I can't kill them.

• 5,357. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    K1ller_911

They should just scrap everything and start from scratch if thats what it takes....lord knows they've got the money and there's certainly people smart enough out there that could come up with something better then this failure of a network matchmaking code. Enoughs enough when are they gonna realize it and put out a good decent quality product instead of this in the works beta with 100 patches?

• 5,358. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

I think it stemmed from the emergency matchmaking updates. When people in low pop areas were tired of playing the same people over and over, and were connecting to high lag lobbies     (as they should, when sending info further to find a desired game mode). I have dealt with that, mainly in CoD4, W@W when the player pop was so low because of MW2 and Black Ops being out.

• 5,359. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

DecisiveBlow wrote:

Unfortunately; I missed most of everything to do with the stream due to doing Uni work

I hope they upload the video if it's being recorded. Trying to get all my Uni work done so I can have a few days of Black Ops 2.

Props to IW for doing a good deed, will check my account in the morning to see if I can rustle up some funds for a donation.

Thanks for that! We definitely want to do this again next year. I know a lot of people made fun of us for having a couple bad games-- but I dare these guys to try to play for 24 hours and dominate the whole time =O

I had a blast and can't wait for next year!