1 530 531 532 533 534 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,310. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

Come On. Show some respect to the countries that line your pockets the most if anything. Why and how do you constantly match me with Latinos that causes me to have 2 bars or you have them connect to us and have one to two bars. Will you stop cheating is out a decent experience? It's been neatly a year that I and others have been explaining this. If they can't find a match, I should not be punished with the bandwidth bandit status.

• 5,311. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

It's ridiculous. I know I have signed out at least 10x more games than I have played this year. Day in and day out, I am constantly punished for being a adult who can ping great distances and keep it low. This is just horrendous. I have yet to have completed a game today. Well I did in MW2 I believe.

• 5,312. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

ChestSplittah wrote:

The region lock has been on for a long time. I don't live near Holland, if the region lock was on... I wouldn't be matched with them. Use your head.

i am matched with French... i live in London, population 8,174,100. Even at peak gaming times the game can not find 10 other people from London (or rest of UK) that play the same gamemode? I don't really mind waiting a minute or so to get a good match, rather than rage quitting most games (or just camping to get some kills).

• 5,313. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

giraffeweevil wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

The region lock has been on for a long time? I don't live near Holland, if the region lock was on... I wouldn't be matched with them. Use your head.

i am matched with French... i live in London, population 8,174,100. Even at peak gaming times the game can not find 10 other people from London (or rest of UK) that play the same gamemode? I don't really mind waiting a minute or so to get a good match, rather than rage quitting most games (or just camping to get some kills).

I have absolutely no clue what is going on. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced in CoD. Things that are seen, would make a person is cheating in game. The discrepencies in connections are very noticeable.

• 5,314. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

To quote NAS

"Now let's get it all in perspective"

They know about the lag comp/net code issues we're complaining about. Can they fix it? We don't know. Are they trying? Yup. Can they keep us all happy with the final fix? Apparently not as there will always be someone at a slight disadvantage, whether that be with their extra latency through the WAN or input lag from their tv, or even slower reflexes.

"They shootin'! Aw made you look"

They know about the matchmaking issues we're complaining about. Can they fix it? We don't know. Are they trying? Yup. Can they keep us all happy with a final fix? Nope, even though localised gameplay would help with the latency/sync, due to cod's pupularity it's global and a complex beast to match us with who we want in the playlist we want.

"They shootin'! Aw made you look"

They know about the spawn issues we're complaining about. Can they fix it? We don't know. Are they trying? Hesitant yup. Can they keep us all happy with a final fix? Hesitant yup.

"They shootin'! Aw made you look!"

They know about the gun nerf/buff requests out there. Can they fix it? That's their call.

"Bravehearts"

"Bravehearts"

"Bravehearts"

"Bravehearts"

• 5,315. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

giraffeweevil wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

The region lock has been on for a long time. I don't live near Holland, if the region lock was on... I wouldn't be matched with them. Use your head.

going to throw this out here as a test..

I am going to guess you are on talk talk ,using an adsl line. if you aren't then you're def on BT on adsl. But my first guess is def talk talk .

• 5,316. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

Adam1235678 wrote:

Its simple either dedicated servers  or they could use the GyKi Servers they have no lag what so ever. Another thing they can do is stop extrapolating the players and put more work into the server or start interpolating alittle bit more. They can also make it where someone lags it's their problem and their problem alone not everyone else's.

o0 wow you have a really donfuddled load of things in that post even for you.

Right.. dedis ..no they are not a magical fix for anything apart from it would stop host dashboarding past that they serve no real benefit at all to CoD. There are numerous posts about this subject i would suggest you read up some of them and educate yourself abit.

Gyki???  I'm assuming you mean Gaikai the game STREAMING service sony bought out, if so erm nope that is not dedicated servers or anything even remotely like dedis, it is cloud based gaming service .Where each player has a video stream of a game played elsewhere its nothing more than interactive youtube and lags like hell for most people. It is also the only thing where you do need a large internet connection.

as for the rest with the greatest of respect i havent got the foggiest idea what you are talking about

• 5,317. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

maccabi wrote:

giraffeweevil wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

going to throw this out here as a test..

I am going to guess you are on talk talk ,using an adsl line. if you aren't then you're def on BT on adsl. But my first guess is def talk talk .

yes i am with talktalk but on fibre. I used to be on adsl 8 down 0.5 up (i even used to host sometimes) - game was unplayable, to be fair, not always but never consistent, lag always came back, in certain game modes more than others. I could never figure out what caused the lag to return.  And no i am not one of those people who just complains when i don't win or have a high KD. There are lots of games that i badly lost but i can say that i "enjoyed loosing". It's when you loose consistently due to lag that makes you see red. 

3 months ago I moved to fibre (still talktalk). now 38 down, 1.7 up ( 2msec jitter, low consistent pings, pingtest.net gives me a rating A for the line). What's wrong with TT or BT?  What about Virgin? That leaves us withSky and some smaller ISPs.  Ok yes, some ISPs might aggravate the problem: traffic shaping, QoS policies, even some ISPs drop UDP packets! (one ISP was even, by mistake, dropping TCP packets to reduce congestion, lol, making it even worse since TCP retransmits! - that's another story).

Maccabi, what's the issue with TT that gets me in lobbies with French/Spanish?

• 5,318. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

This is being addressed as a matter of the highest urgency.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Hello.

When are you putting those reverted TDM lag comp tweaks back in the game?

When are you patching MW2 to bring back Favela and to do something about the cheater problem?

Thanks.

• 5,319. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

giraffeweevil wrote:

Maccabi, what's the issue with TT that gets me in lobbies with French/Spanish?

Ok I wasn't so much pointing out issues with Talktalk (more on that later) it was more a comment on the matchmaking system. You like many people (myself included) suffer with matchmaking as the system IW uses for matchmaking is basically incapable of accurately matching your location.

The problem is (and i'll add a disclaimer here I'm talking about uk isps here) Isps buy blocks of ip addresses, these are then assigned dynamically (you either get a new ip address everytime you connect or you are assigned one for a length of time).  The problem manifests itself for players as these ips aren't tied to your actual location but to the isp.

Bt for example .you will likely appear as being in london (bt's offices) or mainland europe (as Bt own a huge chunk of ip addresses they like many uk isps bought from european isps). Talk talk and bt are the worst for this as they both own chunks of what was tiscalis pool of ip addresses.

To give you an example I am in sw wales when i am in the uk, since IW faffed with their matchmaking a few months back, if i use my bog standard adsl connection which gets a dynamic assigned ip i am only matched with mainland europe. (whereas before i would be matched with welsh and midlands players) . If i use my leased line which has a static ip i am once again only matched with welsh/midlands players.

As for whats wrong with Talktalk, its not just talk talk but isps in general in the uk talk talk just happes to be one of the worst as they offer low priced broadband so are forced to do stuff to keep costs down..

using their own LUU helps keeps costs down , but they also offer high contention ratios (50-1 which in fairness is an industry standard) , employ various means of traffic management as they suffer badly with network congestion esp at peak times.