27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 9:50 AM by robbierocket RSS

Game Destroying Lag.

DaStrinix

I realize there have been many comments below referencing this top; however, I am truly hoping by keeping the comments going the creators will hopefully listen to us and improve upon the performance of the multiplayer option.  Hosting is awful nomatter what speed internet connection you have, and the game is more inconsistant then the weather.  Sincerely if this game performs as bad as MW3 this will be the last COD I purchase.  I was always taught "quality over quantity" NOT the reverse.  

PLEASE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE MULTIPLAYER WORK RIGHT......

• Re: Game Destroying Lag.
    ghamorra

I doubt very much that Activision will pay attention to lag unless it's pockets are threatened. Not trying to bash them but let's be honest here, Call of Duty is the most profitable video out there and the more people buy based on the bells an whistles the less they're going to be concerned with functionality

ChestSplittah

II wholeheartedly agree with you. There is not one reason that is logical, reasonable for the reason these last 2 games have ran as poorly as they have. Their other games never ran as horribly as these.

robbierocket

I'm still clutching to hope and the theory that a well made game leads to commerce and that listening to the customer leads to consumer respect.

If we allow BO's functionality to be a development blip then MW3 was the shock that went against this hope. :-C

JeIIybeans

Activshit: we here at activision dont care about lag...

u lag cause we want the majority with dial up to buy the gamiez so we get the monies

I agree and it'll also be my last CoD if they can't pull it together. After 2 lagalicious games (BOps/MW3) they have to get it right. And honestly, I don't want Elite to spoil the game either. I'd rather they just bugger it off but there you go, ATVI loves the monies ¬.¬

On a brighter note, I have to say I had way more fun in BOps than I have done with MW3. I hope to have a game where there's no host lag so I can enjoy it so much more.

robbierocket

I had a lot more fun on BO than MW3 and have been playing the former (again) since February. I will say though, that it's a 2/10 to 9/10 experience. I can quit after 3 games or last a night. On MW3 I'd rarely make 3 games, no kidding.

I just desire - and I don't think this is unreasonable - a game that I can enjoy whichever night I sit down to play it.

Check out my "Ode to Activision, IW and Trey" thread, for my take on the series.

ChestSplittah

I have to wonder... Are they using servers in offshore tax havens? Why else would constantly match against people that are nowhere near us?

silent_doom_

I've played every cod game on the ps3 and the first time I got lag was around two months after black ops came out.  After that every cod game started to lag and I don't understand what it is activision did.  I'm almost certain it's not on my end because I tried out a couple different routers and even had my mbps increased after the lag hit.  Also, I usually don't have lag when I play any other game.  

robbierocket

Yeah, same for me and for most on this forum and for my clan mates and for anyone I speak to online.

If the next COD fails to produce something in the 7/10 connectivity standard, I'll be dropping expectations until PS4.

Connectivity standard

10 = no lag ever

9 = rarely noticable lag

8 = minor host advantage, brilliant matchmaking (MW2)

7 = occasional lag but minor and seldom (MW & WAW)

6 = some lag but game playable on any given evening

5 = inconsistent lag, sometimes plays great, sometimes not (BO)

4 = often lag, not always game-destoying but frequent

3 = lag is everpresent and of inconsistent amount, bad (MW3)

2 = constant lag to a bad degree

1= ****

DaStrinix

I would describe MW3 falling into the 0 to -1 portion of your scale.  I played last night and it took 2 shoots at point blank range with a Barrett to kill someone.  One game in particular i looked to my left no one was there, went to move, and was shot instantly.  Upon watching the replay cam.  The area i checked had a guy standing there plain as day.  Its amazing the crap you see on this game.  No name tags being displayed, i absolutely love wasting ammo on a teammate only to eventually see his name tag finally show up (of course paying attention to the clothing of your team does help out). 

MW3 as a whole performs just so horribly and inconsistantly.  I remember MW2 having issues but not as many.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS......

YES FIX THE DAMN LAG IT IS SO DANG STUPID FAVORTISM TO XBOX! FTW

robbierocket

I really don't hope that with the release of BO there was no way they could make the connectivity as it had been so MW3 was a way of "lowering the standards" so that we'll all be greatful for a BO-ish connection, when 2 years ago MW2 was the standard, and that standard was at the level whereby noobkills was a bigger problem than the basic game working or not.