11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2012 8:58 PM by xSirArtVandelayx RSS

Lag compensation is bad for the past 20-30 days

youcantgetme62

Right now I'm at prestige 15 you can say. For the last month my half of my deaths are from lag compensation. I play for fun but it's not even fun with this problem increasing. I tried forwarding ports and everything talked about on this website. I always have 4 bars and nothing runs off my Internet but the Xbox. Every little trick I found on MW3 isn't working. Is there some little secret I don't know?  Is it hidden and it's a quest for me to find this shitttttttttshitttttt?  Its so bad when I play in front of company they laugh and I don't think the **** is funny. I already knew this game had problems but just in a month things are terrible and I'm guessing it's on my part I can't figure it out. I have my ports forwarded to

Udp

Tcp

Man I'm getting killed by scrubs lol like I ain't shitzit, straight doodoo garbage people.

Note: I mentioned before I have all bars and most time the enemy that kills me has 4 bars as well. I'm not getting it, at least for this month. Is anybody else experiencing this or having the same problem this month. Does anybody have any suggestions smart no sarcastic suggestions? Lightbulb,,,,ohhhh suggestions? 

• Re: Lag compensation is bad for the past 20-30 days

Welcome to the club, more members than Elite...

SheSaidNo

It was when Terminal came out.  I think they felt that the people with the good internet had to be punished even further.

SheSaidNo wrote:

It was when Terminal came out.  I think they felt that the people with the good internet had to be punished even further.

Ever since Terminal came out the game has been pretty unplayable because it split the player base just that much more.  Now when you go into games you have... I don't know... 7 or so separate pools of players?  I'm going to sit here and actually type it all out for funzies (also because I'm bored and just gave up on MW3 for the night because of how awful it plays)...

1. People with disc maps only

2. People with disc maps and Terminal

3. People with disc maps and DLC 1

4. People with disc maps and DLC 2

5. People with disc maps and DLC 1 and DLC 2

6. People with disc maps and Terminal and DLC1

7. People with disc maps and Terminal and DLC2

8. People with disc maps and Terminal and DLC1 and DLC2

8... there are 8 separate pools of players right now in any given playlist.  Apply that to the gametype I play the most, kill confirmed, with less than 15k players in it at any given time and you potentially create 8 separate pools with less than 2k players in each pool across the entire world.

Very easily explains why lately I have been matched up, as a player from the midwest United States, with players from Australia, New Zealand, Guam, Micronesia, Switzerland, France, Mexico, Brazil and the UK.

papaxs

You only need to forward these ports 3074 UDP/TCP, and UDP 88.

What is your ping?

Are you wireless or wired?

How is your internet quality?

A nice gaming router helps with lag too.

youcantgetme62

My ping are average of 75. If I restart my router it is 50 for a hour or so. I'm using a wired connection I heard its best. So port 3074 and 88 the only ones needed right?  I have decent Internet at 13-16 mbps depending on things. I'm in Germany and they don't offer premium Internet like the US or least I haven't ran into any good companies.

its at the point of ridicules and no return for me now also, the past 7-14 days its no longer a joke .

youcantgetme62

You know what it is ridiculous and I totally agree I guess I made an understatement but I said I was going to keep playing to 20th prestige but I'm so close to saying efff it

im the same here im not a halo fan but i might become one if this keeps up,the hell with call of duty

xSirArtVandelayx

Wow, this is like a support group.  Hello, I'm sirartvandelay and I too lag.  Wtf, you are right.  Ever since that last update that included terminal the game is horrible.  I only pick it up every few days now and try a few games but still same old frame skipping worse than ever lag.  I came to accept the usual lag knowing that it would be in my favor around the corner but it wasn't  choppy skipping frames like it does now.  Whether I'm positive or negative it doesn't feel right, skips, I get one shot dropped left and right and I know I do that to others bc Im running right at people that don't even shoot me.  And god forbid some lagging pos has a shotgun bc that fs it up even more.  Boooooooooo!  Brutal.

xSirArtVandelayx

And I don't care what anyone says, port forwarding doesn't fix it, it's not us.  I followed all of their instructions and have the right setup, have nice cable connection.  Its them, tell them to forward their ports right up their effing arse.  Ya, I mad bro.  F u in advance to whoever was about to ask.  Lol, serenity now.  Oh yeah and I'm beyond anything constructive.  I totally realize telling them to jam things up their arse won't get things fixed.