1 171 172 173 174 175 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 1,720. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Nomoredeathstreaks wrote:

Good luck trying to get 1000 multikills with the M320 glm, or any launcher for that matter. Launchers are a bit too weak in this game. BO1 got it right, they nerfed them too far in mw3.

Yeah, and the Javelin should've never been nerfed. Now I get too many hitmarkers with it and can't get triple kills anymore. It is now UP. Why was it nerfed anyway?(it was balanced before nerf) There was nothing wrong with it at all...

• 1,721. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

maccabi wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Sorry for the delay in responding.

There is a known issue with Terminal that we have addressed and are trying to get a fix pushed through MS as soon as possible.

If you are a non DLC purchaser who has not downloaded Terminal  i.e. you just own the original maps you will only match make with those who haven't downloaded Terminal or who have switched it off with the Original Maps Only switch. This is a smaller pool of people.

If you are a DLC owner of any type Elite, C1, C2 and have downloaded Terminal. If you select Original Maps Only you will match make with those in the no purchased DLC pool who have not downloaded Terminal.

The fix we have coming treats Terminal as on disk content, not DLC.

In the meantime there is a workaround. If you party up with a no purchased DLC friend who has downloaded Terminal and leave Original Maps & DLC as your setting you will be matching with all those in the no purchased DLC pool who also have Terminal.

As soon as we hear back from MS regarding the ETA of the TU which addresses this you will be informed immediately here and via the usual social media channels.

At some point soon after this TU hits the requirement to download Terminal will be mandatory for all.

I hope all of that made sense.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

I got to ask at what point will someone in the Activision camp finally admit Elite screwed up mw3 big time?

Nearly everything that has majorly affected mw3 has stemmed from Elite. I know you guys love to use the "it's not us, It's beachhead" line but as I keep saying Elite is intergrated into your game, and it whatever way you want to pass the buck to Beachhead the end result is your game and the players suffer.

Alot of the issues were bought up and highlighted way back in elite's pointless beta, none of the issues the community bought up were addressed or planned for.

This debacle with fractured playlists is a prime example, there was numerous comments about a two tier dlc release structure causing fractures, that were ignored, (won't even get into the amount of exploits elite made possible as thats just going to be another round of I told you so's).

I really don't get you guy's thought process, you have a game thats suffering from majorly fractured playlists and then go release terminal that fractures the player base even further.. seriously no one in IW towers thought hang on a minute by not making terminal a mandatory download is going to add to the fracturing? that's kinda wierd as there's sure a alot of comments from the community both on here and on twitter saying that long before terminal dropped.

but hey another problem for mw3 no worries..just throw double xp on that always works, even if it is painting over the cracks with crackle glaze

Hello maccabi,

To briefly comment on your broader point, decisions to change or introduce new business models are ultimately made at the corporate, not development studio, level. Beachhead, too is a development studio.

Regarding Terminal specifically the plan had initially been to make it a mandatory download for all rapidly. It was optional at the outset with the best of intentions so those with smaller storage devices could prepare space. It is a mandatory download for DLC owners and we unfortunately overlooked the issue of people selecting Original Maps Only now not matchmaking when solo with those who had downloaded Terminal. We realized and remedied this a.s.a.p. and are pushing for a TU to be released at the earliest opportunity. The fact that not everyone downloads Terminal for now, and parties up across pools, allows DLC owners who do select Original Maps Only to find games which helps for the time being,

When the fix is released and we make it a mandatory download there will be no fracturing caused by Terminal as we initially intended.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

So basicaly the blame for the fracturing lies solely on Activisions shoulders does it? I'm assuming then you guys mentioned the two tier dlc release would fracture playlists and Activision said just do it as thats basically how that reads. sorry with respect someone must have realised thiswould happen so it would be nice to know who's ultimately to blame here by your comments it seems the buck stops with corparate decisions coming from ActviTowers.?

You guys must've discussed the issue with Activsion though hence we got that huge slap in the face to elite subscribers of an unprecedented dlc price drop in july.(which I am firmly of the belief was done solely to fix the issues of low dlc sales and the fracturing)

As for Beachhead and you guys being seperate dev studios thats true but you must have worked together to intergrate the elite stuff into the game (push to game stuff for example) . The fact does remain both of the issues with elite intergrated into the game and the subsequent issues with dlc and terminal was highlighted before both released on these forums .And it's not like you have data to show the dlc sales and usage to use as a reference point.

As for terminal , I guess every dev would love the ability to have an " inretrospect " ability for design or coding decisions but seriously you were worried about people with small storage for one map? oh come the amount of stuff your released during the year and suddenly you're worried about one map that was what 100mbs odd , what will be your next excuse for another TU with no fixes for long term issues "we were worried people wouldn't have the space for another TU?"

Whatever way you want to avoid the point I made ..the simple fact is Elite and it's two tier dlc has caused major problems, every elite dlc release compounds the issue and again with the upmost of respect this is something you were aware of before release and had adequate data to correct even before the first elite dlc release as Activision and yourselves knew how many people had stupidly purchased elite premium.

/end rant and at ghandi as I know you can't comment on alot of what i said

• 1,722. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Launchers would be fine if they had mw2 non-danger close power. The only launcher worth using now is the stinger.

• 1,723. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    otisman666

@Mac,

Maybe IW did bring this up and Activisions reply was something like "there will be so many people playing at the time these DLCs release, the fratures won't cause many problems."  They might have even thrown in a "whose not going to purchase the Eltie model? So the fracturing won't be that significant, unless you don't have Elite (rubs hands together and smiles)."

Little did they know the online #s would be so low and their forecasts for Elite:Premium came up a tad bit short.

• 1,724. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

sfod-d wrote:

@ GIHAINIDII  Will terminal cause the same matchmaking problems on PS3 or will it be a mandatory download from the start?  Also could you or one of the other devs let us know when the lag comp adjustments are implemented in all the other playlists.

We are currently working with Sony to attempt to make sure that by the time Terminal launches on PS3 the fix is in place.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 1,725. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

Double XP no longer has any use to me, Prestige 20! Although I could use some double weapon XP for some gold guns.

I got one question, do you know yet if the weapon pass is only going to be for ARs and SMGs or is it going to also go for other weapons? Handguns and shotguns really could use a buff. If you don't know could you tell us as soon as you do know?

We received a lot of positive feedback on the Double Weapon XP period. I'm sure the community team has plans to do this more.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 1,726. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Datura

I'm sure they know how and where they've effed up, I don't know if there's a point in beating them down further because the last 100+ pages have people beating the devs down and up. The game has 3 months left, best hope Treyarc doesn't bodge things up badly. In fact there's probably more benefit in telling Treyarc/BO2 forums where IW/Beachhead etc went wrong so the mistakes wont happen again.

I had a great run from 16th July till today playing MW3. Today its gone back to its usual unplayable self. Game after game has been terrible, a total turn around from the last couple of weeks since the new settings were applied to TDM. I also suddenly cannot find a game until the third wave of searches (100+ ping) and it's full of Europeans. I wonder if somethings been changed, it definately feels like it. Its like theres no one playing and I'm playing at peak time at the moment.

I have Terminal, no other DLC, non Elite subscriber (can you tell I'm a valuable customer? ).

• 1,727. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    iigallowsii

macabbi is on a roll today. I still cant believe how IW has segmented the community with all the dlc i really dont remember that being an issue with previouse games. I just hope treyarch comes up with a solution to this issue becuase I shouldnt be punished for buying additional maps.

Any update on when we can expect the matchmaking changes for the other playlists? I believe it was monday someone said it would be that day or the next.

• 1,728. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

Double XP no longer has any use to me, Prestige 20! Although I could use some double weapon XP for some gold guns.

I got one question, do you know yet if the weapon pass is only going to be for ARs and SMGs or is it going to also go for other weapons? Handguns and shotguns really could use a buff. If you don't know could you tell us as soon as you do know?

Any further panned weapon balance adjustments will be announced in advance as they were with ARs and SMGs if these occur.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 1,729. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

maccabi wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

maccabi wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Sorry for the delay in responding.

There is a known issue with Terminal that we have addressed and are trying to get a fix pushed through MS as soon as possible.

If you are a non DLC purchaser who has not downloaded Terminal  i.e. you just own the original maps you will only match make with those who haven't downloaded Terminal or who have switched it off with the Original Maps Only switch. This is a smaller pool of people.

If you are a DLC owner of any type Elite, C1, C2 and have downloaded Terminal. If you select Original Maps Only you will match make with those in the no purchased DLC pool who have not downloaded Terminal.

The fix we have coming treats Terminal as on disk content, not DLC.

In the meantime there is a workaround. If you party up with a no purchased DLC friend who has downloaded Terminal and leave Original Maps & DLC as your setting you will be matching with all those in the no purchased DLC pool who also have Terminal.

As soon as we hear back from MS regarding the ETA of the TU which addresses this you will be informed immediately here and via the usual social media channels.

At some point soon after this TU hits the requirement to download Terminal will be mandatory for all.

I hope all of that made sense.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

I got to ask at what point will someone in the Activision camp finally admit Elite screwed up mw3 big time?

Nearly everything that has majorly affected mw3 has stemmed from Elite. I know you guys love to use the "it's not us, It's beachhead" line but as I keep saying Elite is intergrated into your game, and it whatever way you want to pass the buck to Beachhead the end result is your game and the players suffer.

Alot of the issues were bought up and highlighted way back in elite's pointless beta, none of the issues the community bought up were addressed or planned for.

This debacle with fractured playlists is a prime example, there was numerous comments about a two tier dlc release structure causing fractures, that were ignored, (won't even get into the amount of exploits elite made possible as thats just going to be another round of I told you so's).

I really don't get you guy's thought process, you have a game thats suffering from majorly fractured playlists and then go release terminal that fractures the player base even further.. seriously no one in IW towers thought hang on a minute by not making terminal a mandatory download is going to add to the fracturing? that's kinda wierd as there's sure a alot of comments from the community both on here and on twitter saying that long before terminal dropped.

but hey another problem for mw3 no worries..just throw double xp on that always works, even if it is painting over the cracks with crackle glaze

Hello maccabi,

To briefly comment on your broader point, decisions to change or introduce new business models are ultimately made at the corporate, not development studio, level. Beachhead, too is a development studio.

Regarding Terminal specifically the plan had initially been to make it a mandatory download for all rapidly. It was optional at the outset with the best of intentions so those with smaller storage devices could prepare space. It is a mandatory download for DLC owners and we unfortunately overlooked the issue of people selecting Original Maps Only now not matchmaking when solo with those who had downloaded Terminal. We realized and remedied this a.s.a.p. and are pushing for a TU to be released at the earliest opportunity. The fact that not everyone downloads Terminal for now, and parties up across pools, allows DLC owners who do select Original Maps Only to find games which helps for the time being,

When the fix is released and we make it a mandatory download there will be no fracturing caused by Terminal as we initially intended.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

So basicaly the blame for the fracturing lies solely on Activisions shoulders does it? I'm assuming then you guys mentioned the two tier dlc release would fracture playlists and Activision said just do it as thats basically how that reads. sorry with respect someone must have realised thiswould happen so it would be nice to know who's ultimately to blame here by your comments it seems the buck stops with corparate decisions coming from ActviTowers.?

You guys must've discussed the issue with Activsion though hence we got that huge slap in the face to elite subscribers of an unprecedented dlc price drop in july.(which I am firmly of the belief was done solely to fix the issues of low dlc sales and the fracturing)

As for Beachhead and you guys being seperate dev studios thats true but you must have worked together to intergrate the elite stuff into the game (push to game stuff for example) . The fact does remain both of the issues with elite intergrated into the game and the subsequent issues with dlc and terminal was highlighted before both released on these forums .And it's not like you have data to show the dlc sales and usage to use as a reference point.

As for terminal , I guess every dev would love the ability to have an " inretrospect " ability for design or coding decisions but seriously you were worried about people with small storage for one map? oh come the amount of stuff your released during the year and suddenly you're worried about one map that was what 100mbs odd , what will be your next excuse for another TU with no fixes for long term issues "we were worried people wouldn't have the space for another TU?"

Whatever way you want to avoid the point I made ..the simple fact is Elite and it's two tier dlc has caused major problems, every elite dlc release compounds the issue and again with the upmost of respect this is something you were aware of before release and had adequate data to correct even before the first elite dlc release as Activision and yourselves knew how many people had stupidly purchased elite premium.

/end rant and at ghandi as I know you can't comment on alot of what i said

We were considering the original Arcade kits where there was little storage. These sold a lot of units and like I said the plan was to make Terminal a mandatory download rapidly. We also anticipated that most people would download free content in any event. Remember we have people with this configuration who have not downloaded any DLC, just TUs, which is also the reason we concentrate on optimizing the size of these, as well as a desire to minimize long DL times.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II