1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 5:52 PM by nuttin2say Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?
    bicranium

Mileslawlz96 wrote:

Regardless, I'd like to see the discussion you were talking about. It sounds interesting for Dead Silence to be an exact clone of Ninja from Black Ops.

As for what I think, SitRep Pro should've negated Dead Silence from the very beginning, because Dead Silence only makes the player 25% as loud, and with SitRep Pro's effect, that makes a perfect 100% noise level. Maybe if it was 10% and SitRep Pro bringing that up to 40%, that would probably shut everyone up. Or to cater to all the complaints, nerf SitRep Pro to make all enemies twice as loud, not four times.

Message was edited by: Mileslawlz96

Like I've said before, what you describe is the way it is supposed to work.  It is supposed to take the very, very, very low level that a non-SRP user can hear a DS user at and multiply it by some random number (it's not 4x - people with the equipment to properly measure this kind of thing have found that SRP multiplies footsteps by about 2x by default, not 4x as the perk says).  But the patch they released to "fix" it first made it so SRP users heard EVERYONE (themselves, their teammates and enemies) loud as **** which was a gigantic blunder that made SRP virtually useless for the 2 weeks or so it took them to fix that.  Then when they finally did fix that it made it so that DS users were heard at the exact same volume as a non-DS user by SRP users.  Which is not the way it's supposed to function.  It's not the way SRP functioned vs. Ninja Pro in MW2 and that's what Ghandi said they were going to bring it back to but of course they either a) lied or b) screwed it up.  Either option is just as likely as this dev team is probably the most incompetent I've ever seen.

• 51. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?

Honestly sound whoring is a skill, and most campers dont have that type of awereness anyhow. TBH since the patch I have better success against campers because now I can sound whore much better and hear them shufling around while I rush their a$$

Now I cant say this 100% but campers are nervous players having to look left and right all the time awaiting an ambush, which is better for the rushing type player who is used to "fighting" on the move. Get the jump; get the kill. Minus the lag O.O;

• 52. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?

all the patch did was return sitrep pro to its original status. it did the same exact thing in mw2. it canceled out people using dead silence, and made others sound like elephants. all this of corse at the expense you will spend alot of time crouching around to not be heard.

• 53. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?
    bicranium

Lego Waffle wrote:

all the patch did was return sitrep pro to its original status. it did the same exact thing in mw2. it canceled out people using dead silence, and made others sound like elephants. all this of corse at the expense you will spend alot of time crouching around to not be heard.

Wrong again.  People really need to stop spreading inaccurate statements.

SRP does NOT function the same way vs. DS in MW3 as it did vs. Ninja Pro in MW2.

A user with SRP in MW3 will hear all enemies, DS or not, from the exact same distance and at the exact same volume.  Those distances and volumes being very high and very far.

A user with SRP in MW2 heard all enemies not using Ninja Pro from very far away at very high volume and heard enemies using Ninja Pro at about a normal volume within pretty close range.

And still, a Ghandi and others will never respond in one of these threads because 1) they don't think it's important and 2) they probably don't know how to differentiate the users' volumes in the game code.

• 54. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?

Wait, Dead Silence users are just as loud as non-Dead Silence users?
    I've only been running around with SitRep Pro for a few levels (because it only took me 30 to get it) and since I've been playing Hardcore recently, I can't say whether I hear all enemies just as loud or I just don't notice any difference with the footstep noise.
    That or everyone is becoming a conformist and now prefers to crouch throughout an entire map.

• 55. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?

Uhmm let me correct you for being wrong.  The first time a perk made another perk obsolete was mw1.  With stopping power and juggernaut cancelling each other out.

• 56. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?

Even when not using SRP enemy footsteps differ in how audible they are depending on what surface the enemy is running over. Metal and wood seems to be more audible than concrete and soil. When using SRP the audibility difference is still there but much louder of course ie metal/wood becomes REALLY loud and soil/concrete just loud.

• 57. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?
    bicranium

Mileslawlz96 wrote:

Wait, Dead Silence users are just as loud as non-Dead Silence users?
    I've only been running around with SitRep Pro for a few levels (because it only took me 30 to get it) and since I've been playing Hardcore recently, I can't say whether I hear all enemies just as loud or I just don't notice any difference with the footstep noise.
    That or everyone is becoming a conformist and now prefers to crouch throughout an entire map.

Yes, DS users are just as loud as non-DS users to a SRP user now.  That's the problem.  It's not the way SRP functioned vs. Ninja Pro in MW2 and the whole point of the Sitrep patch was to restore SRP's functionality to that of SRP vs. Ninja Pro in MW2.  They haven't done that.  I don't think the current dev team knows how to do it which is why they STILL haven't touched any of these threads to comment on it.

• 58. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?

SnD Players are the pros of the game. TDM, DOM, CTF, all scrub games, period. Sitrep Pro ruined SnD.

• 59. Re: HAS THE SITREP PRO PATCH RUINED THE GAME?
    adw1983

MY ******* GOD.

LEARN to check your corners.

Using Marathon lets you come to the bombsite BEFORE the campers.

Play as a team and avenge the fallen.

Strafe so fast with Stalker, while aiming down the sights, that your opponent can't aim down his sights at you unless he use a 6 sensitivity.

Crouch to move completely unheard.

That was FIVE solutions for you.

It'd probably take me ANOTHER MINUTE to figure out five more.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next