19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2012 2:26 PM by LAG6verbal RSS

This is my take on everyone who complains about campers...

They have no friends to play with, they play solo with no microphone and complain that nobody takes out that camper yet they dont tell anyone where the camper is, my experience with a camper goes a little something like this...

Me - Camper at window tac inserting, take him out

Party member - Got him Craig

Me - Good stuff, keep an eye out

It really is that simple.

• Re: This is my take on everyone who complains about campers...
    jwaller123

CRA1G1690 wrote:

They have no friends to play with, they play solo with no microphone and complain that nobody takes out that camper yet they dont tell anyone where the camper is, my experience with a camper goes a little something like this...

Me - Camper at window tac inserting, take him out

Party member - Got him Craig

Me - Good stuff, keep an eye out

It really is that simple.

It really is that simple...I agree. A well placed grenade or RPG will not only kill them, but will also destroy their tac insert.

cira

I agree those campers are easily delt with. What annoys me is the campers who camp for kills in obj game modes not protecting objs and sit in rooms just moving from corner to corner. I say annoys me but that's a bit strong it's more of a mild frustration as they are easily delt with.

I also get frustrated with them from playing ffa, its frustrating the first time i die from them then it's game over after that for the camper and generally results in them backing out.

nicedrewishfela

Well said. Camping is an annoyance, for sure... but a well coordinated team can deal with it.

Cira, you are right about objective mode campers. They are the plague of the series, as they do so to boost their stats for bragging rights. They prey on players trying to help their team, and serve no purpose. They are harder to deal with, because your primary focus is the objective.

The game has evolved to where campers can no longer sit in one spot with impunity. Most maps have multiple attack routes as well as numerous tools for rousting them out of their hidey holes. If you can't beat them, then the best and most mature thing to do is tip your hat to them for being able to hold you off all game, then find another lobby. I think the term "camper" is overused, anyways.

Yes its extremely overused but I'm getting so sick fed up of all the HC is full of campers crap that goes on so much by guys here needing an excuse for why they aren't good at the mode that I went and made a thread, shame on me lol

nicedrewishfela

Its funny how it gets thrown around. I got thrown into a HC TDM match about halfway in(fortunately we were winning handily). My first death was to a guy laying prone behind a planter with a pistol.

I came back and flanked the top floor from the side escalator, taking out a few of the enemies... and found that same guy in the doorway, laying prone about as deep as one can get in the corner with his pistol out and killed him.  I swept the rest of the top floor, then heard action back at the side escalator, ran over in front of the store and poked my head over the boxes there just in time to see the same guy running up the escalator and straight at me with a shotgun, and I quickly put him down.  His response to me was "F&*#ING CAMPER!".  Really, dude?

I agree with you on the whole "HC is nothing but campers" argument. While you get the occasional slow game, which I wager happens on Core just as much, I find that most of the time the action is pretty intense. There are a lot of people who run around, including myself. Ironically, the bigger issue in HC isn't the camping, its the dolts who go in there thinking they can play it like they do in Core. Running blindly into enemy fire, jumping around like Mexican Jumping Beans, and playing selfishly rather than  working with their team. THOSE players usually make HC cringe worthy.

Dafonse30

Campers in mw3 are crap, and dumb, and crap, not like cod4 or any previous cod games, why you may say? cause unlike the previous game, mw3 gives you the tools to be a better camper and thats why campers are hated, cause unlike hard core tdm cod 4 where is actually fun and you can be a camper all you want, it will be a balance game, but here we have all these tools to help you, sit rep pro, nin pro, portable radar, trophy, and so on, then we have lag comp, and the poor under power grenades that not always will it kill some one in hc, and then the crappy vest that is jugger on steroids, need i say more, is not the fact that youre camping, is the fact that the game is broken and is giving you so many tools that people have to figure out what to use or wear, is ok, for others to say oh you have to work around it, well I used to say that, UNTIL LAST NIGHT, CLAN OPS, WHERE EVERY CLAN USED THESE CAMPING TOOLS, is ok to deal with 1 but 6 is a bit hard in a time limit competition when kills per game counts and sitting in a tent wont help.

But run and gun, while is a tacticle move is not the brigtest either, so both cancel each other out, so you see to sum it all up, is not your fault that youre hated, is the game fault, cause is broken for giving you more tools to camp and not giving the run and gun people same amount of tools to balance this effect.

Campers = the cancer of CoD.

Dafonse30

Campers have always been in cod, and guess what, cod is now one of the biggest tittles out there.

Wanna know why it's the biggest title out there? It's the easiest game on the market. Campers are horrible players, and it makes the game 3x as easy than it already is.

SuperCook1eMan wrote:

Wanna know why it's the biggest title out there? It's the easiest game on the market. Campers are horrible players, and it makes the game 3x as easy than it already is.

Pretty much.  This game is just wayyyyyy too easy.   Sniping is easier than shooting an AR. You can become invisble using BE,A,DS(BEADS!!LOL), and lag comp makes it feel like you die in one bullet. 

What also sucks is that there are so many little kids(and immature adults) that think that they are soooo great at this game even though it practically takes no skill.  These kids should probably try and play Street Fighter online or something that you need to practice.  Heck. Halo takes more skill than this.  Being able to keep on target while moving and getting every shot on target before your enemy can. 

I saw your second sentence thinking I would agree with your whole post. I was wrong.

"Sniping is easier than shooting an AR."

Not true. Scoped weapons get less aim assist than those without them. Plus, the sniper is a semi-auto (that sometmes requires about .20 seconds lag between shots) which means it requires extreme precision.

However, the rest of your post is completely correct.

SuperCook1eMan wrote:

I saw your second sentence thinking I would agree with your whole post. I was wrong.

"Sniping is easier than shooting an AR."

Not true. Scoped weapons get less aim assist than those without them. Plus, the sniper is a semi-auto (that sometmes requires about .20 seconds lag between shots) which means it requires extreme precision.

However, the rest of your post is completely correct.

I don't know, man.  I get really easy kills with the sniper rifle and sometimes I am not even hitting centermass or anywhere near them for that matter. Maybe I guess it just ties in with lag.

I play solo a lot, and I'm used to atleast a couple individuals camping really hard. I've come to expect it and check every corner possible like a maniac. I've gotten used to expecting someone in a corner with a baby monitor. Still, I sometimes forget just once and I'm taken out. It bothers me a little, but it's just how some people are going to play.

It does make me sad when I'm on a streak, but what can you do. If I come across a team of campers though, I'll put on recon pro and the xm25 and paint them all over the map for my teammates.

LAG6verbal

Is it really that easy craig? regards lag6