38 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 2:37 PM by ovadosa RSS

Racism...

Well here is a picture and see what you think......

This guy was also running his mouth calling me something I am clearly not, I am white...

hope the reporting system works on him, actually having an issue posting a picture.

help would be appreciated

Thanks,

xgcsnippy

• Re: Racism...
    CowboySr

Check out a picture I took of myself below while reacting to your picture.

zingaa

It's time to be a big boy now, people say stuff get over it. If you wanted to report him thats fine, but did you really need to make a thread about it??

What was the point of the tread?

get over it

obviously you cant just get over the fact that people do infact talk trash i can see that if your 12 years old you would get mad at the world but i think you might be a little more mature than that so just suck it up and get over it

it wasnt so much the trash talk but the clan title....I am sorry I am offended but that goes to show basically no-one cares and thats why its a problem..........

CowboySr

Noone has a clue of what youre talking about, how could they care? Theres no picture included in your post and you say nothing about anything. Not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya.

I cant figure out how to get the picture uploaded here........

once I do then I will put it up and I was asking if anyone knew how to...              

Also do not judge my intelligence, I might surprise you but the fact your harping on me and more or less calling me a moron shows how intelligent you are cowboy

yovlud

Ah yes...the "racism" cry.  Been around for the last 30 years or so, used most commonly by liberals who can't form a counter argument in politics.  When in doubt, if your argument is failing, call someone a racist!

CowboySr

"Well here is a picture and see what you think"- makes no sense- and theres no picture.  In your mind we are supposed to derive from that sentence it has anything to do with a clan title.  Then when called out on it, you were quick to take offense and to pass judgement yourself.  Please go back and read your OP, and tell me Im wrong.

trialstardragon

People do not care because they do not have to care just because you want them too. Not everyone has to live to your morals or standards or ethics just becasue you think they should. This is a simple fact of the reality of life on this planet, the sooner you understand this and learn not to let bother you so much those that trash talk will mean so much less to you.

lilbaily2

Get over it cracker

think you need to just let it go .

nicedrewishfela

Its very obviously still an issue, and its blatant with many players in public lobbies. I can see from the lack of interest here, people choose to ignore it rather than speak out against it, which allows it to continue.

You can't post the picture here, OP, its naming and shaming. You can report in game and to the Mods here, but not in a public forum. But I know that frustration, listening to and seeing ignorant people all day.

I still don't understand why Infinity Ward allows profanity in Clan Tags, but you for some reason you can't name your Theater Mode video "Boosters" because apparently that is profanity.

Like I said I took offense to what the guy was saying to me but whatever I can handle that but my main point was his clan name and title.....Ni***r Beaters and then just starting yelling in the lobby for no apparent reason, im just the only one that piped up and said something. We are all racist in our own ways, its just the pre teens and some adult aged pre teens that need to run their mouths, also does not say much for some of the forum members for telling me to suck it up......however there are kids that play this game and have to be subjected to seeing the titles let alone hearing them....flame me all you want.

nicedrewishfela

"All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

If nobody says or does anything, it will never get better. Keep standing up for what you believe in. You can't change the world, but you can still stand up for what you think is right.

yovlud

You have a bunch of people out there who fight it on a day to day basis...RACISM WILL NEVER GO AWAY!!!!!!!  No matter how much you want it to, it won't.  I get called honky/cracker on some occasions...and you know what...I DON'T CARE!!!  If you have to lower yourself, fine, it doesn't bother me at all.  Grow a sack and carry on, you aren't going to get a medal for reporting someone for using the N word...block, report and avoid.  That's all you can do.

nicedrewishfela

I choose not to live with my eyes closed. I don't think the OP is asking for a medal, he was expressing frustration. You are right, he was right to report and block and avoid, but its ok for him to be offended by it and say his piece. Can't change the world, but you can state what you believe in and live your life by those principles.

I will say, to the OP, that people like that feed off of your reaction. If you get upset or start name calling back, they get strength from that. I usually find that allowing them to spout their hatred demonstrates more to the lobby than any rebuke you can make. Let them prove to everyone what an idiot they are, be the bigger person and, like all bullies, they will move on to pick on someone else they think they can intimidate.

xSHiBBYMaNx

The system doesn't work, I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble from reports.

starbuckfrack

OP , to the MAIN issue you have.

You claim your are intelligent but meanwhile you miss MANY things "wrong with this picture".

One. A person calling racist remarks is an offense on Xbox Live. Report him thru the Xbox consoe to Microsoft and also in the game menu.

Then get on with your life. You did your part.

Attempting to post some picture on here about him, like his Gamertag, whatever would be a violation of the forum policy.

Also just because it happened during the game MW3 doesnt really make it IW business. If he is not violating actual gaming policy then you may not have anything done by IW. IW is more concerned with modders and cheaters getting permabanned then just disabling a persons communications priveledges for a day or two.

indy56

Anyone who is using racist remarks to get at someone on xbox live needs to be sorted,no good just getting over it as someone mentioned,all you are doing is brushing the matter under the carpet, why should these gamers be allowed to do this,hopefully the in game report system should sort these kind of people out,probably dont for the most part but its something gamers should not have to put up with, i had something similair myself with a gamer sending me texts and using the in game voice with offensive bile,i put in a report and took it one step further by emailing  direct a contact i looked up within the xbox,we all get some form or barracking when a game dont goes well for the opposition but racist remarks dont sit well with me personally and i will do anything i can to see that said person is dealt with, sorry rant over,

zingaa

Players don't have to put up with anything, there's numerous options for those offended.

1) Party chat

2) Mute

3) Take your mic off your ears.

Like I said earlier, report the guy if you feel and move on. If you want to start some sort of xbox consortium to fight racism go for it, but it will go now where and your better off counting rocks..

Have a nice day ..

KTPhoenix

the most i can say it to just put your privacy settings to friends only. that is the only way really.

i wouldnt even bother reporting them through XBL because that wont accomplish anything. i think you would have to have multiple people report that player for XBLPET to look into it because only 1 report is kinda like your word vs theirs. i wouldnt be surprised if XBL didnt even bother with it.

just set your stuff to friends only so you dont have to hear their comments.

unfortunately when playing in a huge online community you have to take the good with the bad. for those who are saying suck it up and get over it im sure you wouldnt say that if someone was actually being all reckless, racist and ignorant in your face, but then again 99% of the idiots are internet tough guys and their first words through the mic would certainly be their last or in the head moment in real life.

i have to deal with that at least 5 or 6 times a day, i constantly hear the n word thrown around and the thing is im not even black, i always tell the genius they are choosing the wrong racial slur. i see racist clan names and gamertags all you can do is report and move on. most of the time the lobby will be filled with more rational people than not and the idiot either shuts up and finds a new lobby. i dont think its something i should just suck up and take when all im trying to do is play a video game. also the people that say that word are often little kids, what does that say about this next generation? if more people called the idiots out rather than just being quiet and saying nothing maybe they wouldnt be as bold and non chalant about it.

i feel your pain bud just report and block, and defend yourself as best you can, but ignoring it and sucking it up isnt going to help in the least.

Noob_Lyncher

People say racist stuff online because it pisses people off, which puts them off of their game, makes them easier to beat, and provides great laughs from the enemy raging. I'm pretty sure that 95% of people who say racist stuff on CoD aren't racist. They just do it to troll the crybaby idiots who act like it's the end of the world.

indy56

So you think its ok then do you, and a lot of us are just cry baby idiots when someone makes a racist comment  through texts and internet bad boys get there jollies by insulting people with racism, , think i have seen everything now,

Noob_Lyncher

I think you are a crybaby when you react to it, because it shows a lack of discipline and self control. I don't cry every time I get called a porch monkey, or am told to go buy a kfc bucket, because i'm mature enough to not get offended by words that have no meaning, and this is coming from a black guy.

trialstardragon

Words have no power but what the listener or reader gives them. They can not hurt you, they can not make you do anything. You must choose to get hurt or upset by them. Ever heard the old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"? That saying is 100% accurate and true. No word can ever hurt anyone once they mature enough to learn that words are powerless until you decide to give them power over how you feel.

I guess the Op has never learned that yet, which means they are not nearly as mature as they may wish to think.

Oh and Noob_ this was not really aimed at you; clicked the wrong reply button.

so because the sticks and stones dont hurt its okay for them to be thrown? having to deal with that while playing a video game is really uncalled for. i mean its a game what does race have to do with it? yet night after night day after day thats all you hear on xbl n this or n that. i am mature enough to not let it bother me but it is a nuiscance. one that if more people frowned upon it rather than dismissing it would put people on notice. i have been in lobbies where people just sit there and listen and it continues non stop. i am also glad to say that i have been in lobbies where people take the ignorant to task and they stop and leave.

hey i understand its xbl and people are going to say what they want to but it really needs to stop. its sad that here we are in 2012 and such bigotry still exists much less coming out during video games. i dont believe its only for xbox, for you to say something as nasty as that just to get a rise out of someone or gain some sort of competitive advantage is disgusting. you may not have to deal with it as much which may explain the so what attitude so many seem to have on here. i deal with it on a daily basis literally, i play alot and i can not go a night or day of playing without hearing that type of talk and banter go back and forth. it really is annoying and i dont play the game for that. whether or not the dart hits its mark is irrelevant its the fact so many are being thrown thats the issue.

nicedrewishfela

The right to do something doesn't mean that doing it is right.

ATVIAssist

Please report racist/offensive gamertags or custom clan titles in-game using the report function.

If you are on Twitter, you can also report them to @IWEnforcers, and they will make sure they get to the proper parties for review. Please include any pictures you may have as evidence.

You can also go to the Activision support pages and use the Live Chat option to put in a support ticket, which we will make sure gets to the proper channels.

If you need any further information, feel free to hit us up on Twitter @ATVIAssist.

Lets keep it clean.