1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 289 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 1:51 PM by Foxhound-Pro Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2
    trialstardragon

No shotgun should ever ohk at its max range. Only at the range that they are meant too. which is not the max range that the shotgun can be fired and get a hit.

• 91. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2
    trialstardragon

I have to disagree, I used them for an entire day playing the game, never had the problem of hitmarkers like everyone here trys to claim. But then agian I only used them at the ranges they were meant to be used and did not try to use them beyond those ranges as so many here try to do. The ranges on the shotguns in this game as far shorter than what most of those crying about its use really understand. When used at the right range for one shot or two shot kills and on center of target it always gets a one shot at the one range and always gets a two at the two range for me. So how can my shotguns be soo much better when I use them than anyone else? Answer me that simple question. Why do I get far less hitmarkers? Why am I not seeing the same problems everyone else is? Simple I use them at the range they were meant to be used and not beyond that range like so many here want to do. They want ohk weapons like the sniper but require less aim, but have the range of smg's it seems.

Most of the shotguns in this game do not have the range that you or the others assume because of what the stats show or what that one site claims. Plus when you and it many other vairables and factors that can not be predicted the performance can and should change and not be the same every shot fired.

• 92. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2
    trialstardragon

Just because you think they are wrong because you do not like how the guns work does not make them wrong because you want to say so. But I bet you cannot or will not understand that fact either.

They do not have to make the guns in each game perform the same as the past game just because players like you think they should. They have every right to change how the weapons work in each game regardless of what you or anyone else thinks or wants or demands or feels is correct for any weapon they choose. And no they do not have to make it be how you want or how anyone else here wants. It is their game they have the final say on if the weapons need a buff or not no matter what anyone else here thinks or feels ever.

So what if after the weapon rebalance pass the shotguns are not still not as good as you think they should be? Still going to come here and complain and try to say it needs to be changed even when they made a change that they decided was fair and the correct one? Still going to come here and think that they have to give you the weapon that you want? To make the weapon perform the way you think it should? To make it do what you think is fair? See a pattern yet?

Just beacuse you or a few others that come here think they are so bad, does not make it so. So just because you and those others that comer here try to say a buff is needed does not make it so. Ultimately if a buff is needed that is for them to decide and what that buff should be and not for you or the other players to try and tell them.

• 93. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2

We get bad hitmarkers even when the target is chewing on the muzzle.  You have to admit that these hitmarker issues exist.  With the level of video documentation they have had its not possible to suggest that they are not happening.  And to be frank you could just be lying you us.  You could be getting hitmarkers like mad and just not telling us.  We have tons of videos supporting our side.  You just keep telling us that they work fine for you when they are still your worst weapons.  Post some full gameplays in a core game modes and we can really see if your shotguns are as reliable as you say.

We can measure exactly the range of each shotgun.  Go into a private match splitscreened and have one person shoot and the target check the range with the xm25.  The spas, 1887, and usas all have 700 inches of total range the striker and ksg have 600 inches of total range and the aa12 has 450 inches of total range.  This is confirmed by the xm25.  The mw3 shotguns have the exact ranges we think they do.

• 94. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2
    Seph009

I assume HT made a mistake while typing. Your chances of OHKoing with any of the pump shotties at max range is pretty small due to lag, spread, and poor damage at range. Also TSD, this buff is only going to help close range damage. So everyone else can get the consistency at close range you claim to have.

• 95. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2

Are you denying that it is possible that a regular person could balance this game better than these devs did?  Lets face it there are some blaring balance issues.

We are not asking for the same performance as other games.  We just want somewhat balanced performance to the other weapons in mw3.

If the shotguns are not buffed to a level we deem acceptable I will continue to petition the devs of this game to make them better.  I will do so until they stop online support of mw3.

If we didn't tell the devs what we think about shotguns we would still have a 25-5 damage spas, a 6 pellet ksg, and you might still be a nameless forum dweller.  I would say that our interaction with this forum has made things better so far.

• 96. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2
    nuttin2say

Show proof that shotgun KDRs were higher in MW2 than they are in MW3.

Show proof that shotgun KDR in MW2 was the same as AR or SMG KDR in MW2

Otherwise, you've got no argument.

You've got two charts showing sterile environment weapon capacities. Until you can show actual data from a respectable sample of players from MW2, you've got nothing.

• 97. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2
    nuttin2say

They want ohk weapons like the sniper but require less aim, but have the range of smg's it seems.

LOL!

That's EXACTLY what they want! An Easy Button!

Everyone wants a gun that takes less effort to aim but an increased likelihood of scoring the kill. But there has got to be a limit to both. Shotguns already push those limits.

Are you denying that it is possible that a regular person could balance this game better than these devs did?  Lets face it there are some blaring balance issues.

You know, sometimes I start to think a regular person could balance this game better ... but then I come to the forums and suddenly I remember why they get paid the big bucks.

This episode of COD is, by far, the most balanced to date. In fact, it has too much "balance." It is too easy to overcome longstanding elements of the game.

People cried and cried about Ghost/UAV Jammer/etc. Well now if you can't ID someone on a map, you're just not looking at the TV screen.

And I am playing better than ever.

No, this game is definitely balanced.

Maybe that's what the real problem is: there's too much balance for some players to handle.

• 98. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2
    Seph009

Nuttin, what point are you really trying to prove? Mw2 didn't have any sort of combat record or elite but you'd have to be blind and never have touched the shotguns in mw2 if you're going to say that you wouldn't do better with mw2 shotguns than you'd do with mw3 shotguns since the mw2 shotguns are better in pretty much every single way.

• 99. Re: Shotgun Balance Thread V2
    Seph009

Also, I want my shotgun to get me consistent one hit kills at close range. I don't want to snipe people across the map but I do want some kind of consistency with my shots not "hey, I just one shotted this guy at twice the range that this guy is at. Now I'm dodging and weaving out of cover  and shooting this guy at half the range 3 times only for him to kill me instantly with his rapid fire smg" (this happens a lot more than you or dragon are giving it credit for) If they were consistent at close range I wouldn't have a problem with long range inconsistency since it would actually make sense.

1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next