33 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 9:10 AM by viper359 RSS

Rage Quitters

rock4one

Will there be something in-place to punish "Rage Quitters"?

• Rage Quitters

proberly not how would they know who has raged quit or someone who has a good reason to leave ?

• Rage Quitters

Didn't Halo bring in the aspect of banning you for like ten minutes if you Rage Quitted too much?

I feel like that'd be kind of good in a sense, but at the same time that kind of competes with the aspect of joining an already in progress session and you're about to lose. That kind of makes me already just Want to Rage Quit.

But to answer your question, I have no idea. I haven't heard anything about if theres a new feature on that or not. Im sure it would have been mentioned at CoD XP if there was anything.

• Rage Quitters

You know i hate Rage quitter especially the one with fake stat

I would rather prefer that be handle in elite

like for example you rage quit a match it goes up on your stats like in gears

Also for the one joining session already in session(they should cut that **** out or have a stand by mode) if the scored still 1/4 started it should count in your stats if the game is more than a quarter started the game win or loss shouldnt count against you but ur kill death ratio does still get affected

• Rage Quitters
    papaxs

I really don't care if people rage quit unless its the host because then it effects me. 

• Re: Rage Quitters
    crazybuckeye67

WELL HERE IT IS JULY OF 2012 AN NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE YET! fREAKIN CRAP I THINK!

JSlayer211

Why necro this old azz thread? I think it's obvious they won't do anything about it.

I would personally like to see a stat added for games quit/disconnected from with total games entered. Then you can get a fairly good percentage of how often this person quits from games. Allow it to be a setting to prefer not to join games with people over 70% quit rating etc. Or just a playlist that doesn't allow you to join if your quit rating is much too high. So if you quit 65% of all your games then you just can't play in this lobby. Sure there will be someone that says, "hey i have bad net and it disconnects alot!" well that's just too bad for you. Get some better net or play with all the other bad "net" people and you can dc on each other all night long.

ok thats crazyness. if you leave a game, doesnt mean you rage quit, some people have kids and obligations. and even if you leave because the other team is spawn kill boosting, etc, you should get in trouble for that? knock it off

bicranium

That's why it should be a ~10 minute penalty like people have mentioned being in one of the Halo games.  If you're leaving for a legitimate reason (ie. real life) then not being able to play again for 10 minutes shouldn't be an issue since you're probably dealing with the thing you had to leave for.

I get the 10 min thing, and i understand it, but at the same time, it keeps people also from playing the matches they want to play.. ill enter spectator mode, and decid their if I want to start playing. I might do that for 2 or 3 games, before I decide I like what Im seeing and join, I dont think someone should be pentalized for that...

people pay money for the game, and should be able to play how they want, and come and go as they want.. I feel we dont need any more red tape then this game already has

pj600r

People should be able to quit when they want without penalty, it's not real life it's a video game.

If you quit a game there is always someone to replace you, what difference does it make who you're shooting at.

Some people take this game way too seriously.

SheSaidNo

I think the reality of it is, people won't put up with it.  If you tell them they have to sit out for 10 minutes they'll just pop in a different game.  For you guys, you'd probably say, "Great.  Who wants them here anyway?"  But for the developers, that's not okay.  They want as many people playing their game as possible.  I'm not saying they won't come up with another punishment.  But I think anything that gets players to stop playing their game will never happen.

Personally, I think there shouldn't be any punishment until all the mechanics are sorted out.  Because right now a majority of the problems is the game, not the player.  When that's in place then sure, go after the player.

No 1 is gonna tell me when I am allowed to leave a game. There is so much things that is so unfair our there. Modded controllers. Spawn trapping. Hacks.  Lag Compensation. Glitchers..  Yea instead of sittin talkin trash I rather just leave the match.

XxSoMaxX

All I have to say about the topic is, "Be careful what you wish for." Everyone piss-moaned about the host always having the "advantage", now you can be host and have a horrible connection. How much of a big deal is it really if one person in the lobby has a slightly better reaction time than the other players? Now if you're the host everyone in the lobby is better than you. Hardcore Riccochet ruind the HC games because people couldn't stop team killing each other (or cant handle accidental friendly fire). I thought the whole point in playing HC was for more realism, but apparently that wasn't the case. All of the un-nessary patching going on because of all the complaints about things being unfair is what's killing an awesome game. Play better (or smarter).

Craigz0121

Honestly I hope they dont

I rage quit all the time not because were loseing but because I have a poor connection, every game I go in a suffer with some sort of lag or bullet lag so when i die around 4-5 times because of it I rage quit

here an example of what lag i suffer with

a few hours a go i was playing a game on village, and i was runing and next thing I know im at a killcam, I watched the killcam and some guy killed me, I went back after the game to watch it and I had no red screen or anything, just 1 second im running next thing im at dead.. I have this if not every single game I play!

I have just over 700 wins with around 2000+ losses

so you can see why i rage quit

starbuckfrack

Players who know they get banned permanently for modding their Avatar will still do it regardless of what they do. so banning someone for 10 minutes wont stop them.

As for it being done in Halo its probably because MS has a hand in the game so they CAN do it.

As for people who rage quit they already gave use tools for avoiding them . Its called the AVOID button and it even has a reason to mark for leaving early.

trialstardragon

The Halo Reach quit ban is for 10 minutes. and it does not stop players from leaving the match. Or slow it down from happening at all. I know I have the game and even after they said they would do that, people quit the games just as often as before.

Quit bans will never stop people that rage quit ever as you said.

I think Commander Adama would agree with this bit of logic Starbuck. I think Apollo is begining to rub off on you.

SheSaidNo

I actually think dashboarding should be encouraged.  With people suffering so much for an unfair playing field with the lag and everything else wrong with this game, it's the only way to make a statement to the developers.  That way more people continue to have a bad experience, more speak up, then either the developers fix it, or people stop playing and buying their games. 

I say dashboard every time you think it's unfair.

I rage quit loads. After the first time I get killed if im 100% sure i fired first and die then i quit. As i have really good quality fast line this is probably the scenario in 9 out of 10 games, check my games played on elite and you will see. Odviously I dont want to play like this but I give it a few games every night to see if it has improved and mostly it gets worse, so then off to BF3. I would prefer to play MW3 majority of the time but as BF3 is slower paced most of the time you can learn to live with the lag in that game.

So when the game is 100% fixed and I dont get lag to hell for having a good line then no we shouldnt get any penalty for quitting. Instead I think those who have Tesco and ASDA own brand adsl should penalized for having cheap adsl.

No, you can't blame the rage quitters. Majority of the reasons are because of how screwed up this game is. This is now an acceptable way of quitting the game as long as lag/lag comp and other issues are still in the game.

To put it in other words, this games deserves this because this game is fck up courtesy of the empty heads of infinity ward and noobness of sledgehammer games.

SheSaidNo

This is why I think dashboarding should be promoted instead of just quitting out. 

Who comes up with these terrible ideas? Let me tell you something op if I go into a match and there is ppl using shotguns and rocket launchers the entire time you can bet I will leave that game.. I dont have time to play vs players who lack skill and will weaken mine. I play this game to get better everyday as I play it not to get hit by killstreaks and launchers and shotguns and all that noob bs all day...

And this game has so many glitches and lag I dont even know why I get on it everyday when I know im just gonna have the same problems.. I was doing a pub yesterday and lit a person up on dome. I counted like 10 hitmarkers with my acr and guess what I die by the 1st 3 bullets out their gun which was a smg at that.. So again.. I bought my game it is my stats and if I want to leave a game I will.

Who gives a flipping cow if someone quits? So What? Who Cares? It's a game!

Zacinnc78

HOST DISADVANTAGE=RAGE QUIT

why should a person be punished for hosting activisions game for them because they are too cheap to put in dedis?????? if anybody in the lobby should get any advantage ,it should be the host ...but definately not a disadvantage !

gallp13

RQs don't worry me overly.

viper359

When something is done with the BS lag comp, then you can punish rage quitters. Why should someone who is lagging a good second behind everyone else be forced to continue playing. I leave a match once I determine I am lagging to all hell.