1 95 96 97 98 99 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 960. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

@ G IH A IN ID II,

Can you take out host disadvantage completely?  Not just try to patch it.  It is a disadvantage and it is highly annoying.  Just get together with your team, and be like, "You know what?  Hosting is horrible, and we are going to make hosting enjoyable again."

Then you will have eliminated over half of your problems.  People will actually want a better connection instead of trying to throttle it. 

Seriously now.

I think you're under the misapprehension that there's a specific piece of code that intentionally is included to disadvantage the host. This is not the case I assure you. From a client perspective the same code is running for the host as all other players. I agree wholeheartedly that it would be fantastic if we can arrive at a state where people all say hosting is enjoyable.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 961. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

trialstardragon wrote:

So are the changes just for TDM or other game modes? Does it apply to HC TDM as well or just core TDM?

We are currently just testing on Core TDM and Ground War.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 962. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

I find waiting a second before Benny Hill'n at match start prevents many bumps.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Perhaps this is the solution. Can you remove Collision for players bumping into eachother for the first 2 seconds that the match starts? That would make things a lot simpler, especially in Ground War. By only doing it for the first couple seconds, it gives players time to spread out.

• 963. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    iif0xh0undii

Hi Ghandi,

I posted this on page 89. Just wanting to make sure it's seen.

- http://community.activision.com/message/205746767#205746767

- Foxy

• 964. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

kastro187420 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

I find waiting a second before Benny Hill'n at match start prevents many bumps.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Perhaps this is the solution. Can you remove Collision for players bumping into eachother for the first 2 seconds that the match starts? That would make things a lot simpler, especially in Ground War. By only doing it for the first couple seconds, it gives players time to spread out.

You'd get weird side effects like players running inside other players and when the collision was initialized big collision penetration adjustments. It is one of the things we're thinking about for future titles, however.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 965. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

Signing off for the night. Thanks for the chat.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 966. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    vims1990

Hi GHANDI,

If there was nothing intentional in the code to hurt the host, why are there are matches where every player including the host is 3 barring?

MW3 is the first game I've seen give everyone including the host a 3 bar connection.

• 967. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    theraven.

i would host again but not while the fps drop and it stutters like hell when someone joins the game this is on all game modes

• 968. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    HEREIAMNOW

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

"I think you're under the misapprehension that there's a specific piece of code that intentionally is included to disadvantage the host".

No offense,

Maybe the algorithm is written in chinese mandarin from a 3rd party program?  The same code maybe running for all players as host, but if your host then the code applies to that person and not other players.

Host = Disadvantage Code  /  Not host = No disadvantage code?

Example, I play the game and I am doing good the first few minutes.  Host quits, I still do good.  Another host quits again, I still do good.  The host drops again, I start doing horrible, and cant kill anything.  I quit, then comes host migration.

• 969. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

vims1990 wrote:

Hi GHANDI,

If there was nothing intentional in the code to hurt the host, why are there are matches where every player including the host is 3 barring?

MW3 is the first game I've seen give everyone including the host a 3 bar connection.

Your question has just made me realise something I need to check. I can think of a potential situation when all players could be three barring and I'm not sure this is a good thing. I'm going to post to the network team. Sorry to be somehat cryptic but I want to get my ducks in a row before answering this question.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

1 95 96 97 98 99 Previous Next