43 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2012 3:10 AM by jonthebeserker RSS

Black Op's 2 Already Lost The Fight As This Years #1 Game?

wierd worlds are these

What do you all think has it already lost the race in your minds?

They are going to have to produce something simply stunning to compete against this and to get me to buy it now after seeing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1chLNTEUuVI

This is deffo on my to buy list as it look's as good as BF3 if not better but cannot say for sure till I get home and watch it in 1080p.

It does look like they have done what I wanted in that it looks like they have gone back to the old style of gameplay for Medal Of Honor but it also has confirmed they have brought things across from the Call Of Duty games.

If it really has gone back to it's roots as a direct competitor to the Call Of Duty games then this is going to be an amazing year in terms of pc gaming because let's face it, Black Op's 2 may have things we want already confirmed and MOH may not have the same thing's confirmed yet but let's face it you cannot argue that with the way this game looks like it is going to be that it isn't going to take allot of sales away from the Call Of Duty game on the pc platform.

I will be hitting the PRE-ORDER button at the end of the month, but COD isn't getting PRE-ORDERED till they show something amazing.

• Re: Black Op's 2 Already Lost The Fight As This Years #1 Game?

Not on my buy list, it has good graphics, the rest is ****. Maybe if they come up with their own concept I would buy it, but if they just combine CoD and BF they can suck my balls.

wierd worlds are these

You do realise this is more like the original Medal Of Honor games than the previous was?

Also as far as coming up with there own concept, you do also realise that Medal Of Honor was released before Call Of Duty.

MOH was 1st released on the PS1 in 1999, and on the pc in 2002.

Call Of Duty was 1st released in 2003 on the PC.

If anything Call Of Duty copied the concept from the MOH games but they expanded it in to a better game.

Also when you buy Black Op's 2 tell me if it has anything different than other games on the market, because I will tell you now it doesn't have anything of it's own or atleast that I am aware of as of yet.

I really think this is going to sell better on the PC than what Black Op's 2 will, but obviously it won't do as well on the consoles as Call of Duty because let's face it most console gamers have never played the original MOH games.

happyfunrun

Are you kidding me?

"Also when you buy Black Op's 2 tell me if it has anything different than other games on the market"

...can you really say that without smacking yourself in the face. Well how about you take a look one more time at the new villain trailer and then come talk to me.

Do you really think that there is any other game on the market with that kind of a Campaign. Is there any other game on the market written by David S Goyer.

Even try to compare this game to another one on the market and even try to tell me that its similar.

Effin kids just see the graphics and lighting, and how "realistic" he sways his gun back and forth, and say, "Gotta buy that one, CoD Sucks!" I would understand you saying that last year with MW3 and how much of a crapshoot that was, but saying that this year is just rediculous.

wierd worlds are these

happyfunrun wrote:

Are you kidding me?

"Also when you buy Black Op's 2 tell me if it has anything different than other games on the market"

...can you really say that without smacking yourself in the face. Well how about you take a look one more time at the new villain trailer and then come talk to me.

Do you really think that there is any other game on the market with that kind of a Campaign. Is there any other game on the market written by David S Goyer.

Even try to compare this game to another one on the market and even try to tell me that its similar.

Effin kids just see the graphics and lighting, and how "realistic" he sways his gun back and forth, and say, "Gotta buy that one, CoD Sucks!" I would understand you saying that last year with MW3 and how much of a crapshoot that was, but saying that this year is just rediculous.

No I was not kidding!!

Seriously tell me something that is only in Black Op's 2 that is not available in another game out there whether it is new or old?

COD has not done anything really for themselves, it was all ripped off from other games.

I have played every Call Of Duty game and every Medal Of Honor game and the MOH games were always better than the COD games, until COD 4 came out.

Oh and I am not a kid.

As for graphics yeah I want good graphics but after paying the amount of money that I did when I built my pc I am not exactly going to want the graphics of Minecraft in every game.

Black Op's 2 I will probably still buy simply for the single player and I will be comparing Black Op's 2 to MOH as they are both the same type of game, and to be honest I believe up to now MOH will be the better game.

iloveshotguns

Ohhh i remember when I use to be a Cod new comer like you... backing up the next COD release and anticipating it so badly, only to end up being massivly disapointed...... year after year.

Hopefully this year changes, but word of advice: dont live up to the hype.

happyfunrun wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Really? you're going to pay $60.00+ to watch a short CGA movie? that's what you're concerned about?

Shouldn't you be posting at IMDb?

This is a video GAME forum: That's the biggest problem with games today; people don't care how they play, just if the story suits them.

I don't play single player; I couldn't care less what the back story is.

Mine (and most peoples) concern is the game mechanics (how does it play)

And right now, I do not see much encouragement. http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/treyarch-on-why-black-ops-2-doesnt-need-a-new- engine/ but we will see what http://www.charlieintel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Screen-Shot-2012-06-19-at -3.40.25-PM-1.png Means.

@-pcdev-

Is that really all you have to say "I hear you"

We need more then that: How about some answers to our simple yes or no questions?

These are the Quetions, we NEED answered, before we even THINK about buying your product.

Will there be dedicated servers? yes, or no. aswered: Yes

If yes: will they be ranked? yes, or no. Answered: Yes

Will they be tied to an exclusive GSP? yes, or no.

will there be FTP access? yes or no.

What will be the Max_player slots?

Will the server file be accessible? yes or no.

Will dvars be locked? yes or no.

If so which dvars will be locked?

Will the servers generate logs? yes or no.

If yes What events will be logged?

And we're not talking about incoherent tweets; we're talking actual documentation; the kind that would be expected from any reputable company.

These are the Quetions, we NEED answered, before we even THINK about buying your product.

ChestSplittah

This is just as much as a crapshoot since Treyarch has never stepped out there like this. That is their own words. Now tell me that isn't taking a chance.

jeepchick

I played MOH at E3. (Played the Multiplayer)

It reminded me of Delta Force PC, from like ten years ago. Graphics were fine. Maps were fine. Guns were... fine. Nothing that blew me away with the MP. :/

It is definitely more like the earlier MOHs in terms of "feel".  I certainly had a good time running around with a Riot class shotgunning and C4ing ppl, then throwing my blast shield on and jumping on a flag to cap it. But it didn't seem like anything really new or different.

So if you're a fan of MOH, I suspect you'll really like the new one as well.

jeepchick wrote:

I played MOH at E3. (Played the Multiplayer)

It reminded me of Delta Force PC, from like ten years ago. Graphics were fine. Maps were fine. Guns were... fine. Nothing that blew me away with the MP. :/

It is definitely more like the earlier MOHs in terms of "feel".  I certainly had a good time running around with a Riot class shotgunning and C4ing ppl, then throwing my blast shield on and jumping on a flag to cap it. But it didn't seem like anything really new or different.

So if you're a fan of MOH, I suspect you'll really like the new one as well.

How was the recoil on the weapons?  The guns in the previous MoH were all the same.  Sniper, assault, smg didn't matter - they were all like laser beams across the map.

jeepchick

They varied, as did how you moved depending on your kit. Mobility was def affected by gun choice. I didn't notice any recoil issues, but my runNgun style didn't give me a chance to try out many of the weapons.  I used a pistol and a shotgun and only had a SMG for a bit when I ran out of ammo. All seemed to have different recoil and different effects on my mobility. :/ Sorry.

jeepchick wrote:

They varied, as did how you moved depending on your kit. Mobility was def affected by gun choice. I didn't notice any recoil issues, but my runNgun style didn't give me a chance to try out many of the weapons.  I used a pistol and a shotgun and only had a SMG for a bit when I ran out of ammo. All seemed to have different recoil and different effects on my mobility. :/ Sorry.

No no no, no sorry required.  I'm glad to hear it.    The last one where every gun was an insta-hit laser beam was terrible. 

I will not buy Medal of Honor: Warfighter because I don't buy any video game published by Electronic Arts (EA) because of Origin and I hate digital distribution you know this already but I feel like saying it I am not even buying Call of Duty: Black Ops II until all the features are added on my list.

wierd worlds are these

Ballowers100 wrote:

I will not buy Medal of Honor: Warfighter because I don't buy any video game published by Electronic Arts (EA) because of Origin and I hate digital distribution you know this already but I feel like saying it I am not even buying Call of Duty: Black Ops II until all the features are added on my list.

Origin has not been confirmed as being required for this game.

Digital only distribution has not been confirmed for this game.

What has been confirmed though is that it's going to be better than Black Op's up to now.

Also unless you have anything to add about the game then don't bother posting.

Your whole argument against EA is pathetic as there is no difference between EA and Activision, just the same as there really is no difference between Steam and Origin.

All the features within your list in YOUR thread will not be inputted in to the game so you may as well disappear from these forums, and go to some other forum because let's face it Call Of Duty is not a PC friendly game anymore.

Medal Of Honor however will be a PC friendly game more than Black Op's 2 will be simply because it will have Proper Ranked Dedicated servers, with Rcon with control over score/time limits and most importantly Punkbuster whilst being optimised for the pc.

You say I like Activision yeah right I will not buy Call of Duty: Black Ops II just like how I did not buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and I did not buy any of their DLC's in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

I made a mistake buying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and it's DLC's my  brother however bought Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 twice 1 copy for him and 1 copy for me that was a mistake he made at least he didn't buy the DLC's for that game he also made a mistake buying 1 DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops.

And there is a huge difference between Steam and Origin Valve at least gives us Steam Workshop the only thing that is the same with Steam and Origin is that they are both digital distributors and both have friends list Steam also has groups and community.

Also you are correct there is no difference between Electronic Arts (EA) and Activision they are both the same I can agree with that.

Lol.  Steam, Origin it's all the same.  I for one am glad for services like that, screw having to keep that stupid DVD and game key lying around.

Too bad you won't buy EA -- you're missing out on the best game of the year.

@wwat RE: MoH WarFighter.  It'll require and be on Origin you can bet your bottom dollar.  It's up for pre-order on Origin right now.

Ballowers100 wrote:

Looking over your list, I can tell you right now you don't need to worry about Black Ops 2.  This ought to save you a lot of time -- providing you stick to what you say.  The game won't have all the features you list.

Out of curiosity, why do you hate digital download?  I can't for the life of me figure out why someome would rather go the the store and get a DVD, encased in plastic with multiple pieces of paper that you have to keep forever.  Let's not even start to talk about the environmental implications of the entire planet doing that.

Why why why?  I can't fathom it.

Why do I hate Digital Distribution?

Because I love having a collection of video games in physical copies on my shelf all nicely arranged and seeing their box art I have about 100 physical copies on my shelf that don't require Origin and Steam.

The Elder Scrolls III: Game of the Year Edition, Battlefiled Vietname, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Expansion Pack Shivering Isles, Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, and Systemshock I can type all of them but it would be to much it would be a long list.

COD is more popular then medal of honor and BF3 too fans and I think that its funner to play COD I dont care about how realistic a game looks but the sense of the feeling like playing COD games.

MOH is just a BF3 DLC they just copy i played the medal of honor in 2010 call of duty has got its fangs locked down on First Person shooters

wierd worlds are these

elijahgerard24legend wrote:

MOH is just a BF3 DLC they just copy i played the medal of honor in 2010 call of duty has got its fangs locked down on First Person shooters

MOH 2010 was the only game that was a copy & paste of BF.

COD is a copy & paste of all the previous COD games.

MOH is a good game as is COD, but I really hope if they release a beta for MOH it just shows people just how good the old MOH games were and combined with a new engine it will be even better.

COD is good for mindless running and gunning, no real tactics are needed where as with BF and MOH you need tactics to win really but this new MOH game looks like running and gunning will be fine as well.

not black ops 2 blops 2 is taking a fresh turn to the franchise i have played all the ps2 medal of honor's they were good but not great... i will be buying medal of honor warfighter will probley read the reviews first but i think black ops 2 needs a chance mw3 was like the only bad game of the franchise yes other ones needed some work but were still at best. every video game has its ups and downs it call of duty is going through a tuff time but you got to remember the only bad bad bad game was mw3 all the others were fine

-CrazyMoFo-

To say that MW3 is the only "bad" game in the franchise is funny.

MW2 was a great game, ruined by P2P matchmaking (IWNet) and a complete and total lack of any support.

BO was the worst in the franchise until MW3 released,  but it was at least playable thanks to servers and support.

MW3.... two words... train wreck.

The franchise has been in a steady decline since MW2. CoD4 and WaW were the last "good" CoD titles.

I can easily see MoH being a CoD killer as long as it has proper support. (Any FPS game can be a CoD killer at this point as long as it's supported for the PC community)  Unfortunately if it's exclusive to Origin it WILL hurt sales. EA has some of the worst support in the entire gaming industry. Valve (Steam) support is a million times better. I will be waiting a few months after release and praying that MoH finds it's way to Steam.

Wierd,

I agree MOH looks badass!  I would prefer EA to put it out opposite of the IW effort of COD vs. the Treyarch effort.  Just because, for me, the Treyarch games in the last four COD's is by far the best.  It would have made it soo much easier for me not to buy the COD game this year.

I am not so sure that BOII is going to get creamed by MOH this year.  COD fans are rabid and there is a lot of them. 

I played mw3 and man it sucks!  I played BF3 and it is enormous, and beautiful and complex!  I have moved away from both of them and I am still playing BOPS.  For me Black Ops was and still is a really good game.  I have gotten more hours of entertainment out of WaW and Black Ops than any other Shooter in the last 5 years.  I am still holding out hope for BOII.  But I am worried.

By the way The Drive In was the funnest map and just so you guy's at Treyarch know I would have pre-ordered if the Drive In was the bonus map, but you guy's blew it.  No pre-order for you.

DO YOU HEAR ME PCDEV!?  I AM WORRIED!  Lol.

But seriously bring back the scary in the zombies.  And While I am giving direction to large corporations on their products, Dear EA you need to remake 2142.

While I have liked MOH for over 10 years now, I enjoyed the 2010 release, and I look forward to this game, I must admit that odds are Warfighter probably will not win, considering that BF3 did not win last year's award.  Warfighter does look good and the whole blue on blue and bunches of spec ops I never heard of is great, something tells me that not everything will be there even with Frostbit  Personally, I think that if Borderlands 2 is anything like the first one, it will be the GOTY.  Borderlands 1 was original and had loads of content and had four player co-op.  Black Ops 2 is a toss up, most games that go with a futuristic setting don't sell (but then again this is COD), the only successful futuristic game that I can think of that did ok was BF 2142, but I never played it so I cannot give an honest review of it.

whatabeer

We should have dismemberment in Black Ops 2 just like World At War.

here we go again;

How many times has this been brought up now? hmm, lets see, supposed CoD beaters; WaW it was bad company, MW2 it was bad company 2, Black ops it was Homefront, MoH AND Halo reach, and MW3 it was BF3; guess what? they ALL failed.

Warfighter may look good, but lets face it; only CoD has the great, smooth 60fps gameplay, that is why all others fail, graphics don't count for crap if I can't move without seeing a blurry mess and feeling sluggish.

CoD will be game of the year, end of story, for no other reason than it will out play all other games, which is why people like me love it; CoDs formula is certainly not perfect, but it certainly does it better than anyone else.

wierd worlds are these

dstr001 wrote:

here we go again;

How many times has this been brought up now? hmm, lets see, supposed CoD beaters; WaW it was bad company, MW2 it was bad company 2, Black ops it was Homefront, MoH AND Halo reach, and MW3 it was BF3; guess what? they ALL failed.

Warfighter may look good, but lets face it; only CoD has the great, smooth 60fps gameplay, that is why all others fail, graphics don't count for crap if I can't move without seeing a blurry mess and feeling sluggish.

CoD will be game of the year, end of story, for no other reason than it will out play all other games, which is why people like me love it; CoDs formula is certainly not perfect, but it certainly does it better than anyone else.

Lol

Cod is the only game to run at a smooth 60fps?

Let's see

Cod 4, 200fps+

Cod 5, 200fps+

Battlefield Bad Company 2, 150fps+

Battlefield 3, 90fps+

Medal Of Honor 2010, 150fps+

Blacklight Retribution, 150fps+

Black Op's, 250fps+

MW2, 91fps (locked)

MW3, 91fps (locked)

Crysis, 100fps+

Crysis Warhead, 100fps+

Crysis 2, 90fps+

Plus many many more.

Yeah COD is the only game to run at 60fps smooth, maybe on the console but this whole topic is not related to the crap boxes it is related to the PC platform that is capable of running thing's faster and at better quality and smoother than the consoles.

dstr001 wrote:

here we go again;

Did you take a wrong turn? this is the PC forum.

xblbw

Think I am experienceing Déjà vu (see 2011 MW3 v BF3).

Like then I will probably give MOH:W a stab, just for s#%ts and giggles (in 2011, I wanted to fly me a plane), until BOII comes out.

Maybe I can use MOH:W like I used BF3, a drink coaster for 6 months, and then a trade in for the next COD!