22 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 11:03 AM by CODNinja RSS

Your thoughts on Infected

ghamorra

Tried it for the first time tonight, wondering what the community's thoughts are

• Re: Your thoughts on Infected
    redx165

To be honest. I'm not the biggest fan of it. I played it since they put it on the playlist. But there should be NO MOAB and NO Throwing Knife. It should also not count in your stats so people don't have to worry about there K/D and W/L. Give the survivors weak weapons like PM9 and other weak weapons.

~THE NOOB KILLER

ghamorra

I don't like the MOAB capability. Just today in the 10ish matches I played I counted 3 MOABs. I like the throwing knife, or at least some way to kill at range.

My biggest problem is how many people are a lobby. Most games I played had some lag issues. And when it's 1-15 lag can really effect the lonewolf

Overall though I did find it a nice alternative to the normal game modes I played

Don't like it. People just use it to boost their K/D.

jwaller123

I have dabbled in it here and there. Maybe only an hour or two of total playtime is all. I play it when I still want to play but don't feel like wanting to concentrate to hard to kill people. I also don't like that we only get the weapons the game chooses. Mainly because I suck with most of them. Lol. It's not too bad overall.

I find it very fun, a side from the usual lag and getting commando knifed constantly, it's fun IMO. At first when I started playing it, like 3 days ago, my only goal was to become infected to practice on my throwing knife skills but that quickly changed after I noticed my k/d and w/l ratio went up dramatically, but I've never witnessed boosting this bad before, the things people do.. Like today a guy with his 2nd controller which was infected, camped in a room and blocked the door so no one else can get through cuz everyone was infected besides him and he ended up going 60-0 -_- & I see people do this a lot, after seeing that, today was the 1st time I've ever called & emailed activision to get someone banned.

azn_chic

damn, I should have joined you! I've never tried it before. You gonna be on tomorrow? I always thought that people played that to get MOABs

Infected was fun before every infected was allowed to have throwing knives. it should have stayed only first infected has one so people have to work together and talk amongst themselves. it builds teamwork skills and helps people to find a way to knife in a crowd while still being shot at. and the old jug vs striker was amazing and that should have been the fastest map in infected. the matches are all over too quickly and it isnt as fun as it was...

wridtrvlr

Infected is a boosters dream world and I'm really surprised they haven't just gone ahead and removed that game mode from the line up.  They have to know what's going on and yet they are still just sitting around eating their Beluga caviar and smoking their Cubans that WE paid for.....

I do it for a few before I go to normal modes. It's a good way to get ready for real games and I've managed to improve my knife skills.

rlbl

Don't like it...

1 - artificially boosts your W/L

2 - if you hide, it can artificially boost your K/D

3 - from point 2, it can be a campers paradise

4 - from points 2 and 3, it can be a boosters paradise

People complain about the throwing knives, but before the throwing knives came in good luck to you if you were the infected. The 1st game I played (before it was a public game) I was the infected on DOME and everyone was on the dome catwalk and I could not get to anybody.

WTF is that about?

I suppose it can be a fun game to play if you are in a non-boosting, non-camping game (which I have played in). But even then I think I was 3-4th infected and I was awarded a WIN for the match???

WTF is that about?

(hehe, can you tell I am not too fond of the game mode?)

its not bad for a few games just for a change but ive a friend who plays it none stop

Dropshot935

I like this gamemodes, and would drop MOABS all the time in it it if lag comp wasn't a thing. People 10 feet away knife me. Watch the final killcam, and they were right next to me the whole time. Im fine with the throwing knife, because I'm good with it, and when I'm infected I infect almost everybody I see with it (my normal knife is rubber from lag comp.) It's a fun mode, but I prefer All or Nothing as my favorite game mode. 

Love the looooooong knife throws. I saw a final kill cam where the guy threw over two buildings a hit a guy sitting behind a truck. Amazing shot!

I think it shouldn't count towards your stats then people would have more fun with it, not care about dying etc, plus taking out the moab would be a good move

I know i'd play it more if it didnt count towards your stats, i'm not prepared to get mown down by 14+ people whilst they're in places which are difficult to get to, just to boost there own stats

boosting aside... The challenge of knife to a gunfight can be fun and pretty fast paced plus its a nice break from the other modes. My main problem is the people who rage quit when they become first infected. I also don't see as much lag in infected compared to some other modes.

Infected is awesome I love doing private match infected without throw knives it's more fun with your friends!!