24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2012 3:12 PM by ChestSplittah RSS

UAV?

RedDraXon

I know that the uav/spy plane has been some sort of a tradition to call of duty, but well uav spam is much hated now, and so is assasin. But im talking about the uav here, I feel it should be somehow changed, i'm not sure how, maybe make it a higher killstreak- thst won't make sense though, or remove the uav to keep the blackbird at a 7-8 killstreak, or maybe make the calling in of an uav more complicated, what do you people think?

• Re: UAV?
    Aecetym

Add some blind zones. A UAV is just observation and tells u where the enemy is right, so no way it can look into a building for example or for 100 % under a bridge. Buildings block its vision so instat of the UAV just doing the same lap in circles over and over again why not let it fly over randomly over the field. A UAV isn't really 100% see for sure i guess. Add some ways to escape detection and a assassin perk isn't needed and keeps the game more realistic.

ChestSplittah

NO. It is a useful tool. It can be shot down with an AR or LMG pretty easily. Find something more important other than something so miniscule. There has been tons of problems with the PS3 version of this game. Connectivity issues for 2 years. I am not scared or worried about a recon plane.

Aecetym

The game need fixing, big time. As it need for sure to fix the hard issues it also need some reality in the game.

ChestSplittah

Recon Planes are reality. Wearing a Bushwookie suit or a rice sack, and being undetected isn't. The probably here are the nO_oBs who started with Black Ops. They perpetrate greatness by dogging or whining about such a miniscule yet helpful tool. I have been on the Forums since CharlieOscarDelta..the Godfather so to speak of CoDHQ, including when it became the HQ, W@W was out. Do you know what was the first of he only 3 KSs?... You guessed it Recon Planes. Yet noone complained about them or Camo, Jammer as much as these noobs do. Oh and no one abused Stealth perks like they do now either. You can easily surmise that the playerbase is newer and less skilled than they portray themselves.

avengedyesterday

UAV is fine. The UAV hate didn't start till everyone started using stealth perks and got addicted to it.

I will say tho the spam of it in MW3 is absurd thanks to the support package. IMO the support UAV should not be = to the assault UAV. There should be a longer scan sweep delay in that one.

josh1073

The only thing more annoying than uav spammers is people who cry about something that takes seconds to destroy, anyone would think it was the blackbird that was a 1 kill to get.

If a uav that lasts 30 seconds and pulses every 3 seconds and can be shot down with 1 rocket and you can shott it down with you gun, if that is such an issue to you well.... Maybe cod is not the game for you.

People moan that no one helps the team but people who run uav get moaned at for helping your team. In place of running your  reaper,ac130,moab why dont you use the counter uav??? There are easy counters if you can't be bothered to use them don't complain about it.

ChestSplittah

The thing that I like to point out to the people who complain about an unarmed plane. Why if it is despised so much do they go get kills when someone on their team unleashes this " Over Powered " monster?

robbierocket

UAV is fine but if it needs to be Madeleine more complicated and improved in light of that, then make all enemies without the "hidden from UAV perk" who are visible from the air (outside) appear as normal on the minimap (red dots) and all others not using the "hidden from UAV perk" (those inside) have a faint red area for the whole connecting section of their building (in other words, all connecting inside sections where that enemy is).

This will give an advantage to the UAV user in terms of general location and so being wary without tracking exactly location. Defensive rather than overpowered. "Hidden" users will always be a threat.

ChestSplittah

Something as simple as a plane that shows enemy placement needs not be complicated. Some that are evidently not capable of seeing that there is a simple solution to getting rid of it. Complicate it.

Moorningstar

Uav can use more than just lidar to detect enemies, so there is nothing that says you can't spot someone in a building.

Since Uav is acutally a support type KS just move it to support and all your ills are taken care of.

Why do you complain about people using Ghost analogs?  They use a whole perk because they are afraid of your spyplane.  If you don't think its worthwhile, then don't use it.  If you feel everyone is using it, just don't put spy planes up.  You can use a diff KS.  Just learn to adjust your game to what your opponent is doing.  That's why there are multiple classes.

ghamorra

I don't have a lot of hate for the UAV. It does what it should and is ranked where it should be. The problem is how many people use it. I can easily, in one life, shoot down 3-4 UAVs, and that's just UAVs. How many missiles do you get? Two. That's not enough to handle the onslaught of airsupport that goes up during a match. I'd like to actually play the game and the objective as oppossed to constantly having to shoot down stuff out of the sky

-pictureframe-

I hate people who complain about the UAV. I also hate people who complain about people who complain about the UAV. Furthermore, I hate people who complain about people who complain about people who complain about the UAV.

You know what, I'd say that this gif sums up all threads arguing about what should happen with the UAV/Ghost in the next game:

uav's are fine, people complain about such simple things how about packing a stinger and shoot them down