1 41 42 43 44 45 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 420. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

I am surrendering to gravity and the unknown.

• 421. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

rainmaker6 wrote:

Brick2urFace wrote:

Those telemetry tools they put in a month ago showed them that their were errors in the mathematical principles that their matchmaking regions are based on.  They have been able to narrow down these errors to a few segments of code and will be fixing that shortly.  So we will be getting better matchmaking with less disparity between player's pings so the lag comp won't have as large of an effect. 

30-Jun-2012 8:47 PM (in response to rainmaker6)

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

The next of the upcoming matchmaking changes we expect to occur first on PS3 within days rather than weeks. I hope that answers your question. As I said precise details will be provided by the community team as they occur and are proven to have an impact.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

The story constantly changes.

How are these statements incompatible rainmaker6? You're getting information from the community team as changes occur. You will be given more, and asked for feedback, when they go live.

To be totally transparent, there is nothing wrong with the code which spatially partitions the world into regions. The mathematics that transforms a 3d space, the world, into a 2d space for the purposes of match making is functioning correctly. The algorithm, however, does create some spatial boundaries where non contiguity of regional adjacency can occur. It is this that we have determind through our telemetry data analysis. The question we face is how to remedy this problem.

The first of the changes which addresses the issues this presents is going live on PS3 within days.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

I've included our previous discussion to frame the exact two posts that I was commenting on rather than the later edit.

If I were a gambling individual I'd wager that the TU I was referring to on Saturday June 30th will go live on PS3 Friday July 6th at 2am PST. That's within days of when I predicted it would.

I suggest everyone check official IW channels for information after today's holiday for a confirmation of the release date and the legitimacy of my statement of June 30th.

Respectfully,

G IH A IN ID II

• 422. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

G IH A IN ID II, you rockzor hardcore.

• 423. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

rainmaker6 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

The story constantly changes.

How are these statements incompatible rainmaker6? You're getting information from the community team as changes occur. You will be given more, and asked for feedback, when they go live.

To be totally transparent, there is nothing wrong with the code which spatially partitions the world into regions. The mathematics that transforms a 3d space, the world, into a 2d space for the purposes of match making is functioning correctly. The algorithm, however, does create some spatial boundaries where non contiguity of regional adjacency can occur. It is this that we have determind through our telemetry data analysis. The question we face is how to remedy this problem.

The first of the changes which addresses the issues this presents is going live on PS3 within days.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

It has already been days.

Initially your statement (sometime after TU 14) was that you were confident IW had determined what the problem was and IW would incorporate the fixes in the next TU (15 & 16). Then that TU (June 21) only included tools to analyze the problem with fixes to be incorporated shortly there after. Then on June 30th you announced trial (not final) fixes that would be implemented in a few days (not weeks as you stated) based on the telemetry you collected. Now IW announces that there are errors in the mathematical principles that the matchmaking regions are based on.

You realize it is July 4th, 8 months after launch, 5 or 6 weeks after you announced IW knew what the problem was, 13 days after your TU 15/16 update and 4 days after your, update to be implemented very shortly within days, claim.  Thank you for the information but your story and schedule are constantly changing. And you are still trying to isolate errors in the code where (as I interpret your statement) regions that are not adjacent are seen as adjacent by your match making algorithms. And by your own statement IW is still trying to figure out "how to remedy this problem". And this does not even address the compensation elements of the issue. And you believe the community should not be skeptical or impatient with IW?

Now I'll answer your other comments.

I totally understand it has been 8 months since launch. It has taken us this long to ascertain the cause of what some of the issues people are experiencing are. It's not for lack of trying. I and everyone at IW would have wished for this wait and subesequent player frustration to be drastically diminished. I understand if this community is skeptical and impatient. Results speak louder than words.

G IH A IN ID II

• 424. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Thefallen wrote:

Overkill pro still is not working as it was before. Yesterday is when I noticed the issue and others are reporting it. The attachments prof. does not work properly anymore on Second Primary. Some loadouts do work but not when I use Spas 12 as Primary.

We suspect we know what is causing this. Unfortunately, it is likely a by product of a hot-fix countermeasure taken against hackers that has affected legitimate players. I imagine we'll have this addressed tomorrow.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 425. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

The PKP with grip seems to be given horrible and unresetable sway. I think you might want to check that out. Also the PKP is completely outclassed by the L86. More recoil, less RoF, slower reloads with no notable advantage over the L86.

• 426. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Hey G IH A IN ID II take a look at this http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200443878 let me know what you think cause I think this could benefit your company greatly.

• 427. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Adam1235678 wrote:

Hey G IH A IN ID II take a look at this http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200443878 let me know what you think cause I think this could benefit your company greatly.

Thanks for the suggestions Adam1235678. Multi team game modes are something we have already prototyped for potential modes in the future.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 428. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    eko

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Now I'll answer your other comments.

I totally understand it has been 8 months since launch. It has taken us this long to ascertain the cause of what some of the issues people are experiencing are. It's not for lack of trying. I and everyone at IW would have wished for this wait and subesequent player frustration to be drastically diminished. I understand if this community is skeptical and impatient. Results speak louder than words.

G IH A IN ID II

Actually actions speak louder than words.

Next time please have a beta test of the substandard product that IW release.

• 429. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Thefallen wrote:

Overkill pro still is not working as it was before. Yesterday is when I noticed the issue and others are reporting it. The attachments prof. does not work properly anymore on Second Primary. Some loadouts do work but not when I use Spas 12 as Primary.

We suspect we know what is causing this. Unfortunately, it is likely a by product of a FFOTD countermeasure taken against hackers that has affected legitimate players. I imagine we'll have this addressed tomorrow.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Good to know you are aware of the issue and thanks for the updates. BTW what does FFOTD mean?

1 41 42 43 44 45 Previous Next