23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 9:40 AM by rankismet RSS

Elite subscription Black Ops 2

Hi,

I was going to buy an Elite subscription today so I can get all the DLC maps, but wondered if anywone knows how this will affect me getting DLC early for BO2

Will the subscription cover any DLC until it the subscription runs out next year, I don't expect it to but cant see how I will get any elite DLC

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

• Re: Elite subscription Black Ops 2

I am pretty sure that the Elite subscription that you were to purchase now ONLY includes DLC for MW3.  It has nothing to do with any Elite type subscription that Black Ops 2 may have.

leejggooner1

To my knowledge it is a year membership, therefore you get all Elite content up to a year after purchase. So you would get any content that is released for either game.

For example if you bought elite now and some Black Ops II DLC came out up to May 9th 2013 - you WOULD get it.

Message was edited by: leejggooner1

I agree with this, but if treyarch decide that they are not giving away maps to elite subscribers then no you wouldn't get any,

And until treyarch announce that they are going to give their content out free to elite subscribers then it is pretty pointless in buying it,

Lets be honest, Activision aren't stupid (they will decide if maps are included, not Treyarch), the only reason the majority of folks bought ELiTE was for early access to all maps, it just isnt worth buying if that is taken out of the equation, I know i certainly won't buy it if maps weren't part of ELiTE.

NIGHTSTALKERUP

don't waste your money now...wait and see how it plays out....3Arch has a better track record with their customers so i wouldn't think they'd hang you out to dry with ELITE...prolly have a few different twists and turns with ELITE 2.0.  play the waiting game...

SheSaidNo

Yup, listen to the people here.  If you decide to buy it, which I think you should seriously reconsider, then maybe wait until Black Ops 2 comes out.

You WILL need to buy a separate elite subscription for black ops 2... Or you can pay for additional maps as they come out and pay more.

If you have elite for MW3 it won't get you free maps for Black Ops 2.   Different companies...same franchise

i think its bs; i bought cod elite; not mw3 or blops elite; but cod elite; it encompasses both games and was told lies from the start. ill buy the hardened if and whan i can see it in my hand and know ill get all the maps; until then im keeping my money !!!

You WILL need to buy a separate elite subscription for black ops 2... Or you can pay for additional maps as they come out and pay more.

If you have elite for MW3 it won't get you free maps for Black Ops 2.   Different companies...same franchise

I thought the whole point of elite was to bring all the stats together from all the games new and future,

So in my eyes elite 2 will just be an update for the original elite and any one who starts their subscription later would get anything else that was free to elite after November this year,

But I suppose it's down to black ops two, they might decide not to give the maps away with elite, and then it would be 100% pointless to purchase elite lol

stylez726

Yes and Elite 2.0 is just a way of saying Elite Content Season 2 and there wouldn't be a Renew feature if the Elite I have now was going to have nothing to do with BO2 because after BO2 comes out if "Elite" is only for MW3 what is the point of renewing because MW3 isn't going to come out with anymore DLC after BO2 releases and the fact that Elite shows you stuff that you do on BO even now lets me know that BO2's Elite 2.0 just means Elite Content Season 2 and if it is I will happily pay $10 less then I would if I bought all the Maps as the "Collections"(xbox/Map Pack=1200msp/$15x4=60+tax/Elite=$50+tax..Deal?), I only bought Elite for the DLC if you didn't notice by now.

just get on xbox live marketplace dlc 1-2 are half bat 600 ms points each and save your money for bo2 and whatever deal they go with .

sorry old post, me bad. somebody put insaine back in detention .

stylez726

yea they're 600 points for like a week(Deal Of The Week for gold members), I'm talking about people that are going to get them when they first come out not wait to see if they go on sale, which I know people who just bought Collection 2 are probably pissed because that didn't come out that long ago and they just paid 1200 for it

PS

If I was sounding d*ckish I wasn't trying to, so don't take it that way because I've notice alot of people take sh*t the wrong way on here

scolia5044

Since it's a year membership then you will be cool until the year after so if brought today any DLC from now until june 2013 would be yours

xbevz

scolia5044 wrote:

Since it's a year membership then you will be cool until the year after so if brought today any DLC from now until june 2013 would be yours

I'm not sure this is correct.

An Elite subscription entitles you to MW3s season of content, if he were to upgrade now he'll be able to download all previous released MW3 DLC as well as the future MW3 DLC, which is what Elite said you'd get.

His subscription will certainly run on for a year, but I don't think it'll entitle him to Blops2 content.

If I'm wrong, what's stopping someone purchasing Elite on the 12th of November and getting all MW3 content and Blops 2 content for the cost of one subscription...

gallp13

Waste of money.

I would be very surprised if buying elite gave you any DLC content for Black Ops 2. The current elite subscription is grouped with the MW3 DLC specifically.

I think that when Black Ops 2 comes out they will do the same thing by grouping the elite subscription with BO2 DLC.

If I had to guess I would think that if you still have several months of elite left when you purchase elite for BO2 it would just extend it that much past the year you purchased.

They could also separtate elite premium from the DLC. They could make premium say $15 a year.

They could even make 2 different versions of elite premium. One for MW3 and one for BO2. Many of the features that are listed as included with elite premium seems specific to MW3.

CowboySr

Ive wondered about this question myself. It seems as though since Elite premium has an annual fee, and that since Elite was mainly purchased for DLC content, and that BOPS2 will be using ELite, that it should cover DLC thru your annual membership. I dont know what kind of deal was cut with IW and BH on DLC proceeds to even be able to guess if Treyarch would do the same. Of course theres also the question as if it did count towards 3Arch DLC, if the extra months IW gave us on  elite, would count towards any3ARCH DLC or Elite tracking. IW and 3arch have always had a strange relationship as they are now working together with a company that promotes them both at the same time.

I will say that I do see an inevitable merger between these to companies at least in regards to COD titles which will happen when the first of these 3 things happens-

1.) Another title challenges them out of 1st place

2.) They find a way to prove it to be more profitable to join forces

3.) One buys out the other.(which I get isnt exactly a merger, but brings them together)

rankismet

Eqvvs wrote:

Hi,

I was going to buy an Elite subscription today so I can get all the DLC maps, but wondered if anywone knows how this will affect me getting DLC early for BO2

Will the subscription cover any DLC until it the subscription runs out next year, I don't expect it to but cant see how I will get any elite DLC

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Wrong forum.