22 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 12:46 AM by aeonclock33 RSS

New game option?

Does anybody know if when you start a new game will you lose your old save file and all of your costumes?

• Re: New game option?
    SpiderRyuu

You will lose it all, yes. The game autosaves and will overwrite everything in your previous save.

Thanks for the answer.

I thought the costumes were supposed to brought over to the new save...

WTF? Why woold they do that?

Losing everything after a new game really is a major killjoy....so what are you supposed to do once you 100% the game and you finally have the movie blacksuit?..

SpiderRyuu

Once you hit 100%, you do get the symbiote suit, but you won't have anymore petty crimes to do. All you can do is swing around in different suits.

If you start a new game, you'll lose your progress from the old one.

My guess is its because most people claimed that swinging around was the #1 thing they liked to do.

TimFL274

I think they never really thought about petty crimes appearing randomly. They wanted the petty crimes and other crimes to be unique like a mission. Thats why they are built like missions and most of them are unique (just look at the Deadlocks, every mission is different).

Didnt really work out that way though, I mean Spider-Man without a car chase poping up randomly just isnt the same IMO if you have to always start the mission and they stop showing up after a certain amount.

Rei_Entri

I think it's a mixture of both. I think so many people claimed that swinging around and exploring is what made them feel like Spidey. So that's why there's like 700 comics pages and the camera after finishing the game. And technically not even the comic pages, because once you get the black suit, there's literally just swinging. However, because people said that, and complained about monotonous crimes, they gave the petty crimes depth and tried to make a more solid game.

Beenox, you made a great game. You did it right. We're not asking you to change what you did, only to change details. In a DLC patch: Make random crimes appear, give us more costumes, unlock Peter Parker as a costume. Maybe continue to give us various new ones that the player can choose to purchase or not.

The game is great, just FIX it. Don't make a brand new game. Fix this one and then you'll know how to make a perfect one next time!!

SpiderRyuu

Honestly, I'm thinking this is a case of people getting what they wanted.

Most fans talked about free roaming and swinging around. That was it. No one seemed to talk about the normal crimes Spider-Man had, they just talked about webbing sticking to buildings and physics of swinging. :/

Maybe they can "fix" this, maybe not. But I doubt it. If we did get DLC for it, it'll probably be a while since it seems the costumes we are getting are actually in the game itself and unlocked via the updates OR preplanned true downloadable content for later.

TimFL274

This, Peter Parker skin.

Well, at least you still get to use it the movie blacksuit in replayable missions...

Which brings me to ask: Can you only replay the missions within a building or boss fights, or  even the parts when you have to/can explore  the city?

You NEVER replay a mission and it goes straight to a cross species boss fight (which is sad ) but the only missons that replay boss fights are the robot ones(booooooo!) but other than that the missions goes staright inside the buildings. Except the Vermin one where you actually go in Manhattan and follow the rats.

Since you can't fight anyone after 100% on the island.... I decided not to destroy all the seekers so i can be randomly swinging and then get scanned in(like wtf) and then a hunter comes and attacks me.

Smart idea although 90% of my seekers destroyed and i cant find one anywhere!Nooooooooooooooooooo!

TimFL274

You will probably regret that. My side missions refused to show up (petty crimes) and I had ti restart the game several times for one to show up. Imagine having to restart your game for a seeker to show up, you wouldnt know if the game does now allow seekers to spawn or if it still has them bugged.

the question should be why wouldnt they do that?

everything else about this game reeks of arkham city.

this is what happens when they cap the game @ 100% & even starting a new game, on a higher difficulty makes no sense @ that point, even if costumes carry over. i have no desire to recollect 700 comic pages.

thats alot of fun. giggedy. (sarcasm)

Barachim

I wonder if Beenox could patch a New Game+ into the game if demand is high enough. Which I think it undoubtedly is.

TimFL274

I just got my new USB stick I will use for the 360 and restarted the game with my 100% save (I copied on there). I got to keep all costumes and all concept art/comics. Nothing was lost. The only thing that reset is the upgrades, the stats and the comics are back to 0.

Yet I got to keep all extras and costumes. Going for the hardest difficulty now then I return to my 100% savegame.