18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 4:19 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

IW Enforcers clan!?

gdexter

Hi

Playing tonight and there was some playing from clan with a level of 50 called IW Enforcers.

His Live Bio says something along the lines of "member of IW Enforcment clan (official). If U come across any cheats/boosters, feel free to msg me and will happily try to sort it out for u."

It then gave a twitter link: twitter.com/iwenforcers and then where to find the code of conduct on the MW3 website.

Funny thing is that at the end of all this gubbins was a disclaimer: Not affiliated with IW or Activision.

Now this i found strange, that someone would associate themselves with the Ban team or IW, then have all this speech in their bio and finish it off with something like that.

Is this legit - or someone trying to pretend to be IW or Activision staff to get a kick out of threatining people with bans?

• Re: IW Enforcers clan!?
    jwaller123

You could report them if you so choose. If it is found they are NOT part of IW or XBOX live PET, then they can and will get banned. They are not allowed to impersonate either of those as far as I know. If they are legit then they are legit. I know that the PET members do play online and enforce the rules right there on the spot. So it could go either way.

that6uy420

the IW enforcers clan contains some people such as Bancandy and Banstache.  This person that is in their clan would be able to pass messages and info on to them for investigation... seeing as they are actually in that clan with them.  There are a few people here on the forums who are members of said clan.

Noob_Lyncher

I think that only people from the IW enforcement team are in that clan, but none of them are actual IW employees.

wikked75

iwenforcers have a clan with community members, as well as official members of iw. they invite some non iw employees who have helped report a bunch of booster, cheater, and the like. i'm pretty sure whoever you saw that had the level 50 clan that said iwenforcers is probably legit.

thebiindsniper

If the player you encountered has their title set as the red horse, with "IW Enforcers", and that rank was 50, then yes it's the official clan.

Members of the clan are listed here:  https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/clan/view/1087763

Most members are "community" enforcers, including myself, who simply seek out and report cheaters as well, but do not work for Infinity Ward.  The managers of the clan, however, do.

If you find any cheaters, and you are absolutely certain they are cheating, i.e. boosting in ranked matches, and token glitchers (I hear anything over 3 days is not legit), you can report them to @IWEnforcers on Twitter.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

creaper21

Does that even work anymore? I've been tweeting to them about cheaters for the past two months and not a single one is reset yet. I have a list of 13 names, ALL WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE, the oldest one being 45 days old and still not punished.

IW Enforcers FTW...

starbuckfrack

There is another thread based on this here...

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200442906?start=75&tstart=0

I just looked up this clan and there's 2 members that boosted very recently.. And they BAN! people for it, What a Joke..

Why does some coward always make a new account to try and sling mud...

Man up and use your proper account if you want to talk crap about the IWE...

starbuckfrack

Got a forum reply so I edited this.

People who know me PM me if interested.

Cable99

I think you got it wrong. They are IW employees (as stated) and were conducting a security test. Obviously, something was brought to their attention and they replicated it to make sure the security programming caught it.

Vast difference from boosting. Don't be a knucklehead about it.

I personally email somoene directly that is with infinity ward enforcers and providing I provide the proper evidence that ban happens within hours if not then within 24 hrs usually and I think I have personally have been able to get about 20 people banned this month alone. I also look for boosting websites and forums and those morons post their gamertags and simply look them up on elite and sure enough 40-0 and his partner is 0-40 then they flip the next match, so easy to cause havoc when bored.

starbuckfrack

Cable99 wrote:

I think you got it wrong. They are IW employees (as stated) and were conducting a security test. Obviously, something was brought to their attention and they replicated it to make sure the security programming caught it.

Vast difference from boosting. Don't be a knucklehead about it.

Not being a knucklehead about it. they can test these things OFFLINE. Instead they did it in a online game and therefore affected the Xbox Live Gamertags and Xbox Live itself. I am not talking Activision Pets policy here but Microsofts Policy.

What they did is like testing a new training technigue in a real bank when they could have just practiced it down at the station.

And 11 thousand posts and havent seen you in a while. Wow, you must have been in the Blops2 forum huh ?

Hhmm that bio sounds familiar oh wait it's mine BrUtaLKIllSHoT5 ;)