1 17 18 19 20 21 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 180. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Why not sir? Because Ghandi avoids the real questions much like a politician? Still not answering why it took so long to do this after knowing a huge problem existed with multiplayer from the release. Everytime you post a long message, he ignores the part where you ask why it took so long after given an incredible amount of evidence. Seriously, why?

• 181. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    mcdonamw

maccabi wrote:

mcdonamw wrote:

bo2000 wrote:

Macc. If it wasn't for constantly repeating how you werde always first to report certain issues (which simply isn't true in so many cases) your posts would be quite likeable

LOL... I was thinking the exact same thing!  No offense intended Maccabi.  I too have just personally grown tired of the "I... I... I... me... me..." rants probably as much as the never ceasing SG discussions.

FWIW though, I do enjoy your voice of reason in many cases.

well good news you wont have to read em any more.

Wow... did I get put in an ignore list?  LOL...

• 182. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    bo2000

kizzlebee wrote:

Hey ghandi,

i'd like to post a non lag comp/sync issue discussion for a second.  I believe that since assassin is by far the most used perk and by far the most powerful in terms of benefits (i know you can argue that hardline or quickdraw is a more "powerful perk" but the sheer number of things assassin does is incredible) we need to think about moving the immunity to portable radar to either dead silence or sitrep. the fact that there are only two counters to assassin in the game is insane (recon and the killstreak version of recon; i.e. the recon drone).  Also what are the chances of bringing back a 3rd person team tactical type game mode.  Please respond if you can since I tried my hardest not to make this post about lag comp/sync. 

you forgot two obvious ways to counter assasin. your eyes and your ears. given that the sky turns dark from all the uavs, people rather trip over portable radars than claymores and every other killcam shows the heartbeat monitor equipped I think there's a good reason for assasin being what it is.

• 183. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

bo2000 wrote:

Macc. If it wasn't for constantly repeating how you werde always first to report certain issues (which simply isn't true in so many cases) your posts would be quite likeable

As Macc has often been trying to make the point to Ghandi that IW has been and is still failing in the area of communications, it is worth repeating that Macc has been the guy posting news and information that IW should have been posting.

Ghandi admitted that the dev side needed to work on communication months ago (and that came after a month or two of exchanges that showed IW was failing at communication), and things still didn't change.  Only recently has there been what seems like even an attempt at improvement, and it has largely shown that IW still doesn't know what to do.  Twitter and forum information (still) contradicts (just as it did when Bowling was running the Twitter front).  Employees are talking to Macc instead of the public in general.  HC CTF gets announced, only for Ghandi to say he stopped it (without explanation, though Ghandi does have an established track record of ignoring HC mode issues and requests.)  I honestly wonder if some devs are staying quiet about some things just because they are afraid.

Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to get IW to change anything is to keep prodding them over and over for months.  Like the very few community-driven changes that Ghandi earlier used as an example of listening to the community... Those were mostly cases of players loudly and/or repeatedly complaining, sometimes for several months straight, often against Ghandi's repeated "We are satisfied with how things currently work" (and its variations) non-responses.  So I can understand Macc constantly hammering that he's been doing part of the communication job that IW should have been doing from the start, as well as hammering that some of IW's "discoveries" are things that Macc himself had said days, weeks, and even months earlier (whether it be warnings of some hack that IW dismissed, or a possible explanation for why matches are out of sync.)

• 184. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

i rarely ever see a heartbeat sensor or claymores, i just see assassin. and thats my point really, if sooo many people are using assassin, reason is almost irrelevant, then there needs to be more than two ways to hard counter it. and seeing a person whether he has assassin or not is not a hard counter thats built into the game; i.e. dead silence/sit rep, uav/assassin. in order to maintain proper balance you have to look at what something counters and what it is countered by.

assassin counters: uav, advanced uav, emp, motion sensor, thermal, counter-uav, heartbeat sensor, and it even hard counters seeing someone, like you suggested because it removes the players name (which also renders one part of marksmen useless).

lets see what counters assassin: recon, recon drone

so thats a 8:2 ratio, and that is completely and horribly misbalanced. and its even more stilted if you want to take into account that only of those is a true hard counter because you have to earn a recon drone. so if you want to really nit pick i dont think im stepping to far out of bounds and saying the ration might even be 8:1. simple fix: move the motion sensor immunity to sitrep or dead silence. my personal preference is dead silence mostly because dead silence only really does one thing (no fall damage) now that sit rep was buffed.

no other perk has that many "perks" i mean jeezus creebus imagine if they would have not split them with blind eye.

look ghandi we get it, we had to make a god perk for the lesser skilled players, but i think it would go a long way to showing us that you guys aren't completely catering to the brand new players by changing this. or and even simpler fix is moving the unlock to much higher level say in the 40-50 range.

also i play without a headset and i blare music when i play.

• 185. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

for what its worth ive been reading this forum since feb 4th. and i was one of two people that sent in the videos for ghandi per his request regardling lag comp/sync, which he then promised he would share the dev notes about. so im with you all the way, you bought the product and have shown that you have more active interest in its well being than the devs do. so go ahead and rant about continue on being awesome.

• 186. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Assassin wouldn't be so OP if it wasn't for the UAV spam and the other perks being worthless. They think they balanced assassin by seperating it from blind eye, but so were the competeing perks. You got perks that are useless like overkill and blast shield. Quickdraw and hardline are kinda useful, but quickdraw's use is elimated with stalker and hardline is useless with high killstreaks.

In MW2 , they had much more powerful perks to rival coldblooded like stopping power, lightweight and danger close. All these made coldblooded fight for its dominance. In mw3, the rivaling perks are much weaker. To make it worse, you got UAVs from the support package the are coming out one after another. And when assassin is coupled with blind eye and dead silence, assassin two counters, recon and the recon drone, are countered and you are offered flawless protection. Also note that recon and the recon drone are rarely used and don't do any significant job in countering assassin.

• 187. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

Soracia wrote:

Employees are talking to Macc instead of the public in general. 

First off thank you for the support  and secondly can i just clarify something before the tinfoil hat wearing fraternity start having kittens.

There isn't some secret behind the scenes discussion going on with me or any IW staff, Candice and I have been chatting about hc and issues that the hc community has. She's been fighting our cause and passing these comments onto the mp team. That's it. She wasnt aware hc ctf hadnt been added and went off and found out why and told me and i posted it and shared the info via twitter as everyone kept asking me (and tpmoney) where it was.

Far as im concerned her telling me and me sharing it is no biggy as im one of the people who controls the mhcgm twitter account and am the person whose been posting on behalf of mhcgm on the forums and i said in my post that it was candice who explained why .  My only issue with the whole hcctf not appearing is and was IW officialy haven't corrected their announcement.

• 188. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Still waiting for a decent lag fix. This has been an issue since release. Im pretty much done with the COD series unless they can fix this mess.

• 189. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    bubbacake

As well as Recon being a terrible counter to Assassin in and of itself.

1 17 18 19 20 21 Previous Next