1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next 121 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 5:40 PM by weird-guy Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: The Nightmare Thread

Hmmm. Closure, that never even crossed my mind. This is good that we both have different interpretations, lest we only ever shed light on one possibility.

• 91. Re: The Nightmare Thread

I would like to know how you arrived at your interpretation.

• 92. Re: The Nightmare Thread

There are two hims, which to me could represent a past and future or perhaps two halves of himself. One of these selfs has a task to do, pushing the nail, something they feel is mandatory. He was the self standing watching the other self preform this mandatory task, and feeling the pain, the pain of doing something not for pleasure or for self actualization, but because it must be done. Just a job.

• 93. Re: The Nightmare Thread

whenindoubtc4 wrote:

I offer this interpreatation: The two of you in one room symbolizes that you feel distant, and sometimes you feel like that you have to be two different persons.  As for the nail, there is something that you let other people you knew out that you regret, and this is a manifestation of in your subconscience in your dreams, it also could mean that there is something else that happened that you want to forget, and the placement of the nail in your forehead is a clear sign of this.  Once the nail gets through your head, it symbolizes the closure that you want, that has surfaced in your dreams, I would say that it has manifested itself in your conscience before.

C4...

You are scareing me. This is Spot on what I have been feeling. I could never put my self together enough to realize it though. It's not like I'm twofaced but having to deal with different kind of people and I am different around each group of person.

• 94. Re: The Nightmare Thread

About a week ago I had a dream that a black hole was in our solar system. I had a gun that would shoot black holes, so I shot a crap load of black holes at the black hole in an attempt to destroy it. It created a horrible paradox that required some math formula that was way beyond our human capability to fix and each time I shot it, it got worse. The professor from Futurama was there trying to help fix the problem. He eventually said screw it and walked away (but more like the professor would lol).
    I'm open to any statements at all on my dream. It wasn't really that scary, but more interesting.

• 95. Re: The Nightmare Thread

dead_dog_dave wrote:

About a week ago I had a dream that a black hole was in our solar system. I had a gun that would shoot black holes, so I shot a crap load of black holes at the black hole in an attempt to destroy it. It created a horrible paradox that required some math formula that was way beyond our human capability to fix and each time I shot it, it got worse. The professor from Futurama was there trying to help fix the problem. He eventually said screw it and walked away (but more like the professor would lol).
    I'm open to any statements at all on my dream. It wasn't really that scary, but more interesting.

Well, I offer this interpretation: The black hole is a symbol of destruction, so I would say that you are fearing something that is going on in your life is destructive or that you cannot fix it.  The attempts to destroy the blackhole with more blackholes means that you are trying to fix this fear/problem, but your attempts are in vain(meaning you cannot fix it).  The professor from Futurama is the feeling of helplesness, due to the fact that he gave up.  The math equation symbolizes your fear that you cannot fix the problem.  It is possible that this dream is a creation of your subconscience, meaning that deep down you fear something.

• 96. Re: The Nightmare Thread

Consider this gentlemen: A cartoon show thats pilot first aired in 1995 while the show itself began in 1999.

I'm talking of course, about Courage the Cowardly Dog. It's became apparent to me that this show gave MANY nightmares. As a former child watching it, I never suffered this problem. Does anyone have an nightmares they recall from it or a possible explaination for its affects? (Aside from the obvious attempt to be frightening)

• 97. Re: The Nightmare Thread

I am sure as you can recall that we do not remember the majority of our dreams, perhaps you actually had a nightmare, but you cannot remember it.  I did not have any nightmares from viewing it, I just found it to be odd.

• 98. Re: The Nightmare Thread

The thing is though, I did not find the show to be frightening.

• 99. Re: The Nightmare Thread

ByzantineBomb wrote:

Consider this gentlemen: A cartoon show thats pilot first aired in 1995 while the show itself began in 1999.

I'm talking of course, about Courage the Cowardly Dog. It's became apparent to me that this show gave MANY nightmares. As a former child watching it, I never suffered this problem. Does anyone have an nightmares they recall from it or a possible explaination for its affects? (Aside from the obvious attempt to be frightening)

Show scared ths sh*t outa me! Wow you just brought back some memories haha. That show had it's own style of creepyness.