1 2 3 4 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 3:18 PM by mudd1280 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    Kukkolfkambo

I feel that every point in this discussion is set on the foundation of "teamwork". There is no need for teamwork with ricochet, because everything you do (throwing flashes, calling in KS's, engaging the enemy/coverfire) is only affecting YOU - effectively making HC a lonewolf mode.

I remember in my MW2 days, I was playing with a decent group of guys in MW2 HC. We effectively ran 2 or 3 man groups and cleared rooms/areas of the map. If one of us ****** up (bad timing, misfiring etc): WE got the BLAME, but only because our teammates got irritated for ruining for them.

Not sure how to explain it, but what I'm trying to say is: Teamwork is key. Teamwork is fun. Sadly, teamwork is non-existant in HC today. It's just 6 guys who happen to be on the same team.

Bit longer than you asked for, man, sorry 'bout that.

• 11. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    TheBeastlyDude

As much as I want the TK back in the game so it is more strategic, the true problem is the trolls in this game who think its funny to kill team mates. A 15 second respawn is stupid because all it does is give someone a small break to plan out the next TK.

Unless there is a way to ban people for harassment and there was some enforcement on IW's/Activision's side, I would stick with Ricochet.

I have almost a 4.0 W/L ratio and would hate to have losses piling up cuz some kid gets his jollys from TK.

• 12. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    azn_chic

Ricochet is great for one thing...when you have an a**hole on your team that's there just to **** with people by killing you and your teammates. Other than that, it's really annoying. I rarely ever kill myself because I accidentally shot a teammate, or threw a nade at them, or anyhting else like that. When I do kill myself due to the ricochet, it's because I'm in a lobby full of randoms that don't listen when I tell them to stay away from an area or get indoors and I drop an airstrike or stealthbomber.

That being said, I can live with Ricochet, but I'd prefer if it wasn't part of my Hardcore experience.

• 13. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    rankismet

otisman666 wrote:

A. I have littel to no faith in the report function anymore.  The only policing IW does is when you present the case in it's entirety to one of the ETs.  So IMO, adding TK to the report function is pretty much worthless.

B. Since I am an HC noob, I am all for Riccochet.  I used to run HC in COD:4 and the TKer's sucked.  Now don't get me wrong, now a days I wouldn't be caught dead in an HC gaem w/o a full team, so the TK thing really is not an issue for me.  But I am thinking of the Greenies

I know you would zero issues getting onto a full crew...

The issues Ricochet solved (which honestly were none) created a lot more that didn't exist. And really changed the way HC plays.

#MOARHardcore

• 14. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet

Dumb question time.

I play hardcore as I find it's easier for me, I'm not very good and HC doesn't appear as hectic and you need to think about things a bit more but what is the main difference between normal HC  and ricochet modes?? Is it literally friendly fire??

See told you, thanks for answers

• 15. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    jwaller123

Answer is yes.Richochet kills you when you shoot them, and non richochet kills your freindly.

• 16. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    rankismet

stanthemainman wrote:

Dumb question time.

I play hardcore as I find it's easier for me, I'm not very good and HC doesn't appear as hectic and you need to think about things a bit more but what is the main difference between normal HC  and ricochet modes?? Is it literally friendly fire??

See told you, thanks for answers

Mostly... but it really changes the way you have to communicate and work as team.

Stealth Bombers will kill EVERYONE.

• 17. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    jwaller123

I vote for leaving it how it is. I have a VERY happy trigger finger and hate when I accidentally blast a teammate. If I make a dumb mistake, I myself would rather pay for it.

• 18. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet

Another one!!

You get kills if you shoot behind a player and it's comes off a wall/car etc then Tibet drop as I'm sure I've been shoot through walls and the player isn't using impact perk

Message was edited by: stanthemainman I meant they die in that way? Bloody iPhones

• 19. Re: Hardcore Fans! MHCGM needs your help in regards to Ricochet
    tallowby

Get rid of Ricochet....

With all the stats recorded in Elite, why isn't there a counter for Team Killing?

If there were this data could be used in matchmaking so those with high team kills get lumped together and away from those that do not.

Or this data could be used  in other ways to punish the bad element.

In the least this data should be PROMINENTLY visible from in game. This way we, as non team killer players, could have the option to stay or leave.....

1 2 3 4 Previous Next