1 2 3 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 9:20 AM by Ramalama RSS

To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question

I've watched close to 100 videos on youtube of players getting a M.O.A.B. What i have noticed is that they tend to get 2-3 hit markers to get a kill, the enemy will run right pass them like they didn't see you, and when the enemy is running at them they get off 0-1 shot before you kill them.

So the question is do you think you're being helped by the lag comp?

I ask this because a friend who gets around one a week had a gass leak in his building so he and his wife stayed at my place for 11 days and couldn't get 1.

• 1. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question
    monkeylord

No doubt connection is a factor but each mode has a flow to it or you get lucky and come across a team that can't work the map.

Also the amount of places you can just drop to the ground and pick up 2 or 3 kills is mental all the while moving about. Also chuck in the bolt holes each map has if your willing to camp out.

I guess i'm just saying theres quite a few ways to hit an M.O.A.B some harder than others and sure some are luckt with connection but the way to look at it is in every round theres a guy it takes half a clip before he dies and he just puts you down with one bullet but there's not an M.O.A.B every round.

• 2. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question
    dastealth

I definately feel as though a majority of the people who get MOABs regularly are ususally on the good side of lag comp or at least don't see the affects it has on the people they are killing. On the bright side I now feel as though I am cheating the system when I even get a good game going because I am so use to being insta-killed and WTF moments.

• 3. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question
    opb81

Yes a lot of it is being in a good connection game meaning you are not the one experiencing lag. What that really means is on your screen your weapons will kill in the intended amount of hitmarkers and you will be able to visually sustain damage from the enemy and not having your deaths look like insta kills. When I see the MOAB videos and have my moab or other long killstreaks it amazes me how much more damage I sustain without dying. When I am playing from behind my screen never goes red just skips right to death.

It does not necessarily mean the other players are lagging out all the time, but just in that particular game the connection for you is just playing as it was intended to.

• 4. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question

i can see getting one on a large or mid size map. The one's that get them on a small map like dome where you can toss a frag in a random spot and get a kill i don't get how they get them

• 5. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question

you and me both. it takes me 5-8 hit's to get a kill and when i have those good matches i'm shocked

• 6. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question

for me since the game has come out it takes me 5-7 hits to get a kill and when i'm really hit hard by the lag comp it takes me 6-9

• 7. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question
    RAMBONER

I have thought the same thing for awhile.  In no way am I as good as most of these guys and even on their set up I wouldnt get as many as them or maybe any but the vids posted on here usually make me scratch my head and think....wow.....guys are supposed to go down after that few bullets.  Its not that they are getting the benifit but that the game is actually working proper for that match.

I have posted that same thing on many of the MOAB vids....just dam I wish guys died like that for me.

Again I am not good and not saying that skill doesnt factor but I would like to see some of these guys play on my set up.  I die the second I see my enemy a lot of the time and thats a great example by the OP about his friend not doing as good.  I often wondered about that type of scenerio.

• 8. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question
    ghamorra

I remember getting one at least once a week before patch 1.08 came out. After that I haven't gotten one since. So I think it does have something to do with lag comp because that patch changed how match making was done if memory serve me correctly

• 9. Re: To those players that have gotten a M.O.A.B i have a question
    dastealth

Probaly one of the reasons I stopped using the UMP, 6 hitmarkers near point blank range... At least I can still pull top of the team the majority of the time though.

But I have had a couple of MOABs in infected (I hate it when I see the TK go past me and miss on the screen and then I die) and have been close in public matches a few times also.

1 2 3 Previous Next