17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 12:22 PM by tallowby RSS

The same clan ops again!

CowboySr

Why in the name of all that is holy do we only have 3 different game modes?  I picture one guy left working at beachhead with a dart board.

1. Friday 8pm central                            Dart one- Hard Core Kill confirmed

2. Saturday 1pm Central                        Dart two- Domination-Captures

3.)Sunday 5pm Central                          Dart three- Core TDM

Why is it our first op was team defender, we had a Domination defend in there.... and we have never seen those two again and are forced to play these stupid 3 modes over and over. Wheres CTF, SND, or any of the other 100 game modes in this game?

• Re: The same clan ops again!

I am actually happy its always these ones you mentioned along with core kill confirmed as most other modes just don't play too well on MW3.

CowboySr

I hate Hardcore anything, and it seems like 1/3rd to 1/2 of them are Hard core.   The domination capture is horrible. Liked defend better, and that isnt saying much.  DOm cap is always saturday now. Core team deathmatch is cool, but only 1/6th of the ops, and they force you to run like a headless chicken, and you cant play with your clan mates if you want the highest rank, cause you all cant get 20 kills in a game to 75.  It should be based on +/-.

This is why I never really participate in clan ops for my clan as I don't like those game modes and the times suck for me.

I would actually be more inclined to try new game modes I don't play often (CTF. HQ, SND, Bare Bones, etc.) as a clan-op.

However, if there's ever a DZ clan op, I'm going to be on it like white on rice.

maccabi

CowboySr wrote:

Why in the name of all that is holy do we only have 3 different game modes?  I picture one guy left working at beachhead with a dart board.

1. Friday 8pm central                            Dart one- Hard Core Kill confirmed

2. Saturday 1pm Central                        Dart two- Domination-Captures

3.)Sunday 5pm Central                          Dart three- Core TDM

Why is it our first op was team defender, we had a Domination defend in there.... and we have never seen those two again and are forced to play these stupid 3 modes over and over. Wheres CTF, SND, or any of the other 100 game modes in this game?

think thats bad..

for us uk and euros (+1 more hour) those start times each week translate to

2am

7pm

11pm

its a joke

Yeah maccabi it is, those guys get it well good while we get shafted

CowboySr

Yeah I know. We had 4 UK members all but one quit playing the game, and therefore were released. Our only Uk survivor complains about it all the time.

The other problem is that the clan leveling system is exponential. It takes 1000 points to level up early on, but now we're in the 30s and it takes 2500 points to go up a level. Thats 2 golds and a silver min to go up(which is achievable) but only once a week. We need more of these if we're ever gonna maxed(and thats not considering the poss that theyre raising it to 100).

One other note! I wish that the 500xp that was given to people for premium carried with them where ever they went!  It would keep people from cheapkicking out of clans to level them up.

Better yet, the system should track how much an individual has earned in clan exp, and that number should stick with them wherever they go. That way the ones who play the most ops are the most valuable.  Think of how tough recruiting would become, and how people would have a goal to playing these ops if their value carried with them!!

I can't play MW3 in the middle of a weekend day... I have kids!  and a house!

I got sh*t to do, you know?

JSlayer211

There are lots of valid points here.

I would love to see domination defends come back, but I can imagine the tac insert spam farmers creaming themselves as I type this very message. It's really sad how much of a negative impact cheaters can have on an online game, but it is what it is.

We do need more clan ops, especially during the week. Guess what IW, NOT EVERYONE HAS SAT/SUN OFF WORK! My best friend is premium and he's off on Sun/Mon. However, Mon is the time he can make clan ops as he has the most availability then. The same goes for school and general life responsibilities.

I don't expect to be able to make EVERY single clan op. But a person should be able to make atleast 1 a week within reasonable accomodations.

It is getting a bit repetitive, but what's even more stupid is that there nearly always american times, i'm not staying up to 3am for a game >.<

bigdaddyhammer

I will cut and paste what I posted in the other thread. Want some opinions on it. Also, clans should be able to level up via the way they said clan challenges would work. If your clan plays a certain game mode together at any time, they would gain XP. Or if they achieve certain goals as a team, ie a cumulative number of caps/defends, kills, multi kills, etc...

The problem that's been discussed many times is that, even though it's called Clan Ops, the purpose is to do well as an individual. It should be based on wins, not total kills or caps. Capping as many flags as possible is the exact wrong way to play Dom. If the goal were to win the most games over a certain period, it would encourage triple capping, but also defending. In order to get a lot of caps, you need to let the other team have an advantage. What sense does that make?

If it were most wins, you would be encouraged to play as a team and either end games quicker by triple capping or getting the most confirms/kills as fast as possible.

I understand that you can only play so many games and it would result in a tie between a number of teams, but I'm not the genius who came up with the idea. I just know it's flawed the way it is now.