1 2 3 Previous Next 157 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 2:17 PM by scolia5044 RSS

Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

rankismet

... and I'm starting to feel like a grade A chump for buying the hardened edition.

I got the maps early.

Had to play them in the laggiest mosh pit in history.

So... I never played them until they were in the rotation.

Wasn't worth it.

I got the maps cheaper. Elite was only $40 for me.

Now the two map packs are $15.

So... I paid extra.

Wasn't worth it.

COD Elite... wasn't worth it.

• 1. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    Thedestoyer

And this surprises you? From what I heard (Keep in mind that I have no information to back this up) this were the poorest selling DLC content drops in the history of MW.

They may have lowered the price to entice those that didn't buy it, to buy it, therefore giving them more cash. Makes me sick, to be honest.

Do you remember that episode of South Park where George Lucas was redoing Raiders of the ark? And him and Spielberg were raping Indiana Jones?

Well, Activision is Lucas and Spielberg, and the Elite customers are Indiana Jones.

• 2. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    caxaugstainxbud

you dont know that the content is not done right? and for both collection its was $40 already. calm down.

• 3. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

maybe you missed the part where DLC is 50% off starting July 3rd...So $20 bucks already. Not $40.

• 4. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    that6uy420

I wouldn't go on and on asking what this guy knows or doesn't know...  it's not normal for him to be wrong.

• 5. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    HalfericTuck

Hope they do this next year too, as I won't be buying Elite again.

• 6. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    maccabi

Facts..never in the history of cod has there been a dlc price drop for a game that's actually half way through its life cycle,

We know there's issues with the dlc playlists with matchmaking and fractured playerbases which has been greatly compounded by the the fact the playlists suffer massive population drops

imo this is yet another botch idea to fix this,

By doing this all Activision have acomplished is making sure those on the fence never buy elite again as the only thing saving it was a psuedo saving on dlc, and causing anyone who bought elite or the dlcs seperately to once again feel ripped off, i mean seriously a 50% price drop on a dlc thats not even a month old.

and g-d knows how the ps3 community is going to take the news 360 players get the dlc 50% cheaper.

but hey im sure they have a plan to pacify the communities obvious anger at this "sale" (as seen over twitter and the forums today) by giving us double xp as a sweetner

on a seperate note lulz at your choice of tags ran ..classic

• 7. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...

Oh dear lord I didnt even think of the PS3 players. They'll have the pitchforks and torches out over this Im sure.

• 8. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    CowboySr

all of this^

How in the world could I ever get clanmates to buy into this pyramid scheme next year?

• 9. Re: Thanks, COD Elite... 50% off DLC...
    maccabi

CowboySr wrote:

all of this^

How in the world could I ever get clanmates to buy into this pyramid scheme next year?

I can't even get mine to play mw3

and final ranty on the subject, I really can't understand why Activision think dropping the price will solve their problems, the price isnt the issue with the dlc it never has been.

the issues are the maps are shite, the implementation of the dlc and playlists is appalling and even charging 10 msp isn't going to fix that.

1 2 3 Previous Next