20 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2012 11:31 AM by N00bsHateMe RSS

would this be boosting

cattanach

if me and a friend get in to a 1v1 lobby and only use grenades (no cooking)   ..   we both want the tittels for thrown back grenades and direct impact, im 13 prestige iv only managed to get the flash grenade direct impact and that was pure luck in a hardcore game and iv never managed to throw a grenade back this is mainly because most people use semtex or cookes  the grenade first..  i dont want to do it to boost my stats or get a better kd or anythin like that i just want the tittle

• Re: would this be boosting
    TH3_JOKER_077

Just a sneaky way of getting the throw backs...

You can get the title from throwing back your own grenade...

Best technique by looking down bouncing it on the ground then picking it up again and throwing it...

Works great throwing it into rooms where campers generally sit looking out the window...

It's actually pretty addictive when you get good at it...

Bmac223

I would say yes. Thats like saying, 'hey I only 25 more headshots with this sniper rifle for the tittle, can I just shoot you in the head the whole game?'

cattanach

Bmac223 wrote:

I would say yes. Thats like saying, 'hey I only 25 more headshots with this sniper rifle for the tittle, can I just shoot you in the head the whole game?'

that would be letting the other player kill you and we are not gonna do that.  its not like we gonna go kill for kill or stand there and let the other player kill us or anythin like that. i dont get it anyway  i own this game i paid with my money so its mine why cant i play with friends the way we wanna play were in a 1v1 lobby its not like me and my mate havin a frag fight is gonna affect anyone but us. me and my mate was thinking we could have knife only fights try n get the 3 knifes in a row tittle or   if we both roll with riot Shields one of us will have a riot shield kill cam @ starbuckfrack yer sorry im crap at spelling

starbuckfrack

cattanach wrote:

if me and a friend get in to a 1v1 lobby and only use grenades (no cooking)   ..   we both want the tittles for thrown back grenades and direct impact, im 13 prestige iv only managed to get the flash grenade direct impact and that was pure luck in a hardcore game and iv never managed to throw a grenade back this is mainly because most people use semtex or cookes  the grenade first..  i dont want to do it to boost my stats or get a better kd or anythin like that i just want the tittle

Ummmm ......

YES !

even on the MS Terms of Use it says not to play with another player to boost your rank, gamerscore , whatever. you should have REALLY read the Terms that you said theat you DID read when you made your Gamertag.

Dud you WILL get reset in MW3 AT LEAST.

ANYTHING that you do that includes teaming up with the enemy will get you banned or reset. Happens everyday.

someone reports you to Microsoft you will be instantly permbanned because it usually takes days or weeks to get those Acheivements, not minutes. EVERYTHING you do is recorded on IW or an MS server.

Noob_Lyncher

If you aren't getting free kills on each other, then no. Saying that frags only is boosting is like saying that people in a 1v1 only using shotguns to get the shotty titles are boosting.

starbuckfrack

Try reading the code of conduct for MW3 just once before you respond.

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/200432280

Cheating - Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of unknown boosting, glitching, hacking or other related offenses for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.

See the word TITLES ?

Boosting Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of organizing cooperative or single game play for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.

See the word TITLES ?

Now here is a Microsoft player banned for CHEATING.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/t/271357.aspx

Wanna tell me those rules again ?

Now for the shotgun rule you gave. Who knows ? Only PETs can judge that.

But standing there purposely playing catch is cooperatively cheating just like having the other player in a 1vs1 map just stand there 10 times just to wait to get killed by a headshot each time.

Noob_Lyncher

Boosting for kills helps further a player, whereas using only grenades doesn't guarantee kills. If the rules are that strict, then I should be able to report anyone asking me to only use a sniper rifle and get them banned/reset, since they're basically trying to "organize cooperative gameplay." The OP didn't say specifically that they were going to stand there and play catch, he just said "only use grenades."

I read the rules, but I also paid attention to the OP's statement.

starbuckfrack

Noob_Lyncher wrote:

Boosting for kills helps further a player, whereas using only grenades doesn't guarantee kills. If the rules are that strict, then I should be able to report anyone asking me to only use a sniper rifle and get them banned/reset, since they're basically trying to "organize cooperative gameplay." The OP didn't say specifically that they were going to stand there and play catch, he just said "only use grenades."

I read the rules, but I also paid attention to the OP's statement.

I understand what you are saying in the bold part. What it really comes down to though is how you walk that thin line. Part of that thin line is if they get the unlocks too fast. One example would be the red flag that went off in Blops where someone got 30 plants and defuses in a game. This case the PET CAN see stats on 1vs1 and have a flag go off when certain criteria are reached.

The part you mention there is the thin line. If you are actually running around in the match really playing the game that could be a safe way to play. But for example lets say you do that one gun for an hour to get all the unlocks for it then jump into another gun. There is no answer WE can give for that.

But here is the case. The OP did say he wants to do it to get a Title as opposed to play a game.

Only person one that thin line can judge is teh PET. But in this case if I were the judge I would tell them to use Private Matches.

Microsoft on the other hand IS very strict and they will see it as cheating.

Also I think you may have responded in that thread where someone quoted "a IW rep whose name I cant remember" who said that Face Off maps are a gametype to help corral the boosters and get them out of the game sooner Of course I am paraphrasing because I am finally getting sleepy

But I am sure you and I will agree that Face Off maps are a boosters paradise.

and the post form HEREIAMNOW below is perfect for this thread. If you have to question it then dont do it. Its not worth the loss of a Gamertag and all the money invested if Microsoft gets involved.

Noob_Lyncher

Good god, why do you type all that so early in the morning? Are you trying to hurt people's eyes and brains? And I did make a thread about Face-Off being a trap. 1 of my friends was boosting challenges in a 2v2 match with 3 of his friends, and they all got reset, although my friend got reset like a month later.

cattanach

iv been done for boosting b4 only last time it was full on 4 player with 2 control pads fill up a team tac lobby that was full on boosting for better KD and stats and tittels  since i got reset iv earned every title in a legitimate way

starbuckfrack

Noob_Lyncher wrote:

Good god, why do you type all that so early in the morning? Are you trying to hurt people's eyes and brains? And I did make a thread about Face-Off being a trap. 1 of my friends was boosting challenges in a 2v2 match with 3 of his friends, and they all got reset, although my friend got reset like a month later.

I cant say I could remember that thread you mentioned. There wer so many of them. I do remember people BEFORE the maps came out saying they were a booster map. I cant believe that they still would keep them in normal stats.

But like I said it is early in the morning

N00bsHateMe

trust him, 2 days ago I got 48 hour banned and my stats reset. i get unbanned in 2 hours

starbuckfrack

BTW OP.

Re-read your post. If you want tittles, thats also illegal. You have to wait until the girl is 18 at least

HEREIAMNOW

If you have to ask if its cheating (boosting), then yes its cheating.  If I start running before the gun goes off because I want to increase my time, is that cheating?  YES!!

Boosting will result in sanctions if you're caught. If you think what you're doing might be against the rules then the safest way to avoid sanctions is to just not do it

starbuckfrack

Cattanach said

that would be letting the other player kill you and we are not gonna do that.  its not like we gonna go kill for kill or stand there and let the other player kill us or anythin like that. i dont get it anyway  i own this game i paid with my money so its mine why cant i play with friends the way we wanna play were in a 1v1 lobby its not like me and my mate havin a frag fight is gonna affect anyone but us. me and my mate was thinking we could have knife only fights try n get the 3 knifes in a row tittle or   if we both roll with riot Shields one of us will have a riot shield kill cam @ starbuckfrack yer sorry im crap at spelling

---------------------------------------

dont take this the wrong way cause I am tired. As well as ignore the spelling. You are still talking polite

a) you dont own the game, you licence it by Activisions rules.

b) You agreed to Microsofts Terms of Use when you made your Gamertag.

c) You lost all freedom when you made your gamertag AND put the game in your Xbox.

d) You dont own your xbox (basically) as well as the titles emblems , scores, peripherals ,etc because MS owns everything you have done with the Xbox and their online service due to the fact you are using them to access the online service. This also includes any form of Freedom of Speech. Microsoft is a Private Entity that you agreed to their Terms and do not fall under the governement. Now you do have some freedom if you stay offline forever and never connect to the internet with the Xbox but thats a different story.

Lets use the MS example here. You Agreed to their terms not to cheat, mod, hack , boost , curse, use hatred, etc. You agreed to them saying...

" Don't intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore."

thats just one quote.

If you were to modify your Avatar to Green you would not be hurting anybody at all. But in this case you STILL violated the policy that you agreed to. then you would be banned.

Now in THIS case with IW you agreed to follow their policies at the same exact moment you agreed (and said that you read) the Microsoft Terms of Use when you made your Gamertag. Specifically the portion that say you also have third party developer rules to follow as well.

But as you can see in the link I showed you that MS will ban you if you cheat or boost regardless if you ignore or even dont understand WHY it is wrong.

And as the moderator Turambar said (basically) watch your step.

See ya. PM me if you have questions on the MS portion of the policies. When you talk to a MS rep thats working they are only allowed to reread the rules and not give an interpretation of those rules. At least with me I CAN help you with interpretation. I have experience in these matters from a long way back. As opposed to a lot of the MS reps who cant do more than type the same question you ask on google

I just have to sleep and work like regular people too but I usually respond to PMs in less than a day once I check my emails.

PS Lyncher I KNOW its a long post again but I wanted to get a few words in before I slept and forgot them

You shouldn't boost at all but If you are going to do it anyway then stick to that playlist, that way it doesn't ruin normal games for regular players like myself.