7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 2:01 AM by strangelilhippie RSS

WMD is the worst CAMP map

Gerbal2000

I think WMD is the worst camp map, do you agree? Aside from the likes of Hazard and Array where you will get snipers camping (nothing wrong with that), WMD is a large map not ideal for snipers, where campers can do very well, there are only a few routes between spawn points along with plenty of spots for the camper to move to in between kills, espescialy the side routes. Think of any other map, Firing Range for example, people can camp in a few spots but they are generally easy to knock out and campers tend not to do so well, you get campers in a few spots on Hanger but again they tend not to last so long as the camp spots offer little room to move, jungle, holding down the top centre can play dividends for a while, but generally not long, unless your team is beasting, seriously I can't think of a worse map for camping than WMD, and in my view players racking up high KDR in this map are pecker heads who get no respect from me. If you think I am griping after being creamed I played a game yesterday in a random team, one guy on my team went 17/0 but I got the top score by rushing the map and having fun, so there.

• Re: WMD is the worst CAMP map

If you are a rusher than you are my next best friend to play online with buddy.  But i have to disagree with you on WMD being the worst map in the content you meant it to be.  Im gonna say Hazard is by FAR the Worst camping map because its ideal For sitting your ass down next to a rock or a BAR.   someone with a Score Per Minute of 100-168 can do well verse my 338.  Dude Why is it that every time I play the Map my Score Per minute drops by 15 points?!?!?!?  WTF dude..  when i play WMD i come across many many many campers but At least Im able to Rush Ghost with a Silence Commando with Slight of hand and Hacker Pro.  This will than allow me to see if their camping with Motion Sensors or Claymore.. This helps for that map..

I hate Ghost but I love using it when i detect Campers.  But seriously dude if Hazard wasn't around bro than i can say WMD is the worst.. if anything in my eyes its 2nd to Worst.   But with that said do you Think im wrong for saying this or is their anything else you can add???

Gerbal2000

I would agree Hazard is the worst aside from the map being designed for snipers which you expect to camp out, hardcore WMD campers with sensors or claymores I don't mind so much like you say hacker picks them out and I find a slapping a jammer under their ass helps, it's the sneaky buggers who switch camp positions that grind my gears. Maybe Silo thinking about it? There is always some **** at the top of the tall tower or camping the top building, or hiding on the ramp to the top rear, you need eyes in the back, front and side of your head!

I love to rush with dual wield Pythons although my biggest weakness is leaping out of windows, I just can't help myself!

kellysa111

Once you get to know the map, you can go around getting those campers so that when you kill them enough times, they're forced to run around.

IMO, its one of the easiest maps to play on. You know where are the camp spots are, you can easily get a killstreak going.

WMD is a awesome map!

All the original Treyarch maps are good.

The only bad maps are Zoo and Stockpile.

And Discovery is to easy to flank on, so you can't long shot, so whats the point?

Middle building, bottom floor, 4 guys all using tactical mask, flack jacket and tac inserts. Worst case of gang camping i have ever seen onthat map.