1 1,150 1,151 1,152 1,153 1,154 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,510. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Weapon balance can only be a good thing.  It gives players far more useful options and will keep people playing the game because of the variety.  Also a good rebalance is like a free weapon pack.  Guns like the pm9, mp5, cm901/ak47, dragunov, pump shotguns and aa12 are already rare sights (some rarer than others).  Putting these weapons up to a more competitive level will lead to many more people playing the game because of new usefull options.  It would be like getting new weapons because they are so rarely used right now because of how bad they are. 

A good rebalance will give players many new weapons to level up, improve variety, and eliminate some of the frustration of trying to use weapons we love from past titles but being punished for it due to poor initial balancing.  A rebalance will definitely increase the amount of players in mw3.  With more players you get better lobbies and with better lobbies you get less lag/sync issues. 

There is literally nothing but positive outcomes if they do a proper rebalance.

• 11,511. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

dastealth wrote:

vims1990 wrote:

dastealth wrote:

CMR Hack. Either that or its the glitch where you load a custom gametype into a public match (Not telling people how its done due to people who would try it...) I have never done this but I would be assuming it would be similar as this type of hack/glitch is also going around on xbox atm.

That's the hack Maccabi was trying to get the IW devs to action a fix via twitter.

I haven't see it myself but I'm assuming it'll hit the XBOX 360 soon.

Already has hit public Xbox 360 lobbies... Not too many thankfully because they still haven't worked out the full workarounds yet. This is when the team should stop them hopefully.

A counter to this new hack is already in certification. We are pushing to have this go live a.s.a.p.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 11,512. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    zestroy

Hi,

Hacks, lag, what is the difference? Adversarys have always had an advantage over my connection. On rare occasion I'm able to experience what this game is capable of. It's like that golf shot that you remember but are hard pressed to recreate.

Tonight I watched a streamer on Twitch suffer WTF deaths over and over. Normally he plays Xbox and said the gameplay on PS3 tonight is worse than he's ever experienced on the other platform.

Thankfully, these people are only making games. I'd hate to see them code something truely important to humanity.

• 11,513. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Apparently the leftover IW team with the help of SH is way out of their comfort zone making adjustments to any aspect of the game. When even simple adjustments like weapon balancing variables result in "Oooops" then I'm having a hard time imagining how they could manage complex problems like matchmaking and reasonable lag compensation.

Right now COD is technically and conceptinally flawed in ever imaginable aspect. Starting from the functionality of this forum, the worst "beancounter" in the world named Elite (not to mention the security holes), misleading and incoherent communication and of course the game itself.

I can understand, that such a widespread game faces different challenges over it's lifecycle but you are still trying to figure out day one issues while BLOPS2 marketing is yelling out buzzwords that are directed at people you consider as minorities (like Harcdore & MLG) and I bet the brightest of your devs are deep into developement of 2013's next gen title and how you are going to sell this. Is this going to be your new strategy? Hope that the other studios release will be hated just as much or more than what you did last time?

Please do prove that I'm exaggerating and do what is neccessary to make this game in some way as reliable and comprehensible as COD4 and MW2 were.

• 11,514. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    featherman84

I thought there would be some network improvement in latest fix for ps3, regarding lag and delayed moments when hosting.

Why not?

• 11,515. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    trialstardragon

Correct. No matter how much they try to balance or rebalance the weapons it will mean nothing as long as t there is sync issues and connection issues and the weapons will be continued to be seen as unbalanced because of this.

Tweak them too much and even more people will complain about OP and UP weapons because of how connection affects them so drastically at times.

So instead of worrying about weapon balance they should be working more on connection balance first. But becase of everyone that compalins about weapons they have to put some on that issue that could have been used better to test and work out connection problems first.

• 11,516. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    trialstardragon

It has been that way since the begining of CoD. You can not trully balance the weapons against each other even with the simple ways you tried to implicate.

A smg would not always have high recoil even if had high damage, beacuse that is not how the weapon really works. Just like not every sniper would have high recoil with there high damage. Many high damage weapons in the world have very little to no recoil at all.

Different size clips would not really balance out a weapon at all, unless the size was vastly different. But that then too would unbalance the weapon.

Even with any of these possible suggestions they do not want to remove the fun factor too much for newer players. For it is the newer players that make the sales which make the money, not the veteran players.

Adjust the weapons too much where the learning curve raises too far and then it will not be as fun for some people. Not everyone wants to have to waste time learning how to use a weapon in a game that was meant to be played for fun. Which is why most find and then use the easy(OP) weapons the most often.

This is also why so many people whine about the OP weapons beacuse they are easy and used the most compared to those that take a bit of skill to do good with them.

If every weapon was just a clone of each other with just minor changes there would be no reason to have more then one gun of each type. Might as well remove all but one sniper, all but one ar, all but one smg, all but one pistol, all but one shotgun.

For as long as there are connetion issues where everyone has sync problems with the host, the guns can never really be balanced or ever considered balanced no matter what is tried.

• 11,517. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    maccabi

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

dastealth wrote:

vims1990 wrote:

dastealth wrote:

CMR Hack. Either that or its the glitch where you load a custom gametype into a public match (Not telling people how its done due to people who would try it...) I have never done this but I would be assuming it would be similar as this type of hack/glitch is also going around on xbox atm.

That's the hack Maccabi was trying to get the IW devs to action a fix via twitter.

I haven't see it myself but I'm assuming it'll hit the XBOX 360 soon.

Already has hit public Xbox 360 lobbies... Not too many thankfully because they still haven't worked out the full workarounds yet. This is when the team should stop them hopefully.

A counter to this new hack is already in certification. We are pushing to have this go live a.s.a.p.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

edited spoke to mark

• 11,518. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Ok, hold on dragon. You cannot make the 'this weapon has this much recoil and this much damage in real life' argument because Call of Duty games have NEVER followed realistic weapon design, ever. Why does an ACR do more damage than a SCAR-L? Why do 50. cals do the same damage as the 7.62x51mm sniper rifles? Why does the P99 do the same damage as the desert eagle? Anyway, I'm going to take a look back at our good friend Battlefield and the way their weapons work:

Every weapon in the assualt rifle catagory do the same damage and have the same damage drop offs bar the G3A3. Why? Because they all fire very similar bullets, therefore giving them the same damage values is realistic. But how do they balance them??? Simple. Recoil, spread and rate of fire. Weapons with a higher rate of fire tend to have higher recoil and spread values, making them superior at close range and harder to work with at long. Weapons with lower ROF have lower recoil and spread, making them better at long range. The balancing is simple and gives players a reason to use every weapon. Sure, certain weapons stand out above the rest, but those weapons will still be outperformed at certain ranges by weapons which are superior at those ranges.

My question is, why can't COD devs just look at the weapons which are clearly at a disadvantage and do them some favours, or look at the superior ones and tone them done a bit? Even DICE has acknowledged the overuse of the almighty M16 and are upping the recoil for an upcoming patch to bring it on par with other weapons, why can't IW do the same? Weapons should be better than one another in certain aspects, but worse in others. Why must IW insist on these 'God' guns?

• 11,519. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

"If every weapon was just a clone of each other with just minor changes there would be no reason to have more then one gun of each type. Might as well remove all but one sniper, all but one ar, all but one smg, all but one pistol, all but one shotgun."

Again, did you read the posts or just ramble again?

I gave examples of weapons of the same class which are balanced between each other enough for both to have a purpose. It's more than possible.