1 1,149 1,150 1,151 1,152 1,153 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,500. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

    So what kind of player are you?  A player with no skill that abuses the best weapons or a player with skill that uses the difficult weapons?  A lot of the problems people have trusting what you say may come from the fact that you refuse to show who you are as a player. Do you use the weapons that require more skill or the ones that require less?  I personally use both, although I use the ones that are easier more often.  Spartan11752 is my gamer tag if you want to check where I fall.

  • 11,501. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    trialstardragon

    I am a player that does both depending upon how I feel and want to play for that game and match. I do not just stick with one gun or game play style ever. I adapt and change and play different as needed or wanted by me depending on why I am playing at that time. I have no need to prove anyting to anyone or show it. If they wish not to accept or believe what I say well, that is their choice. I do not try to prove they are wrong by using stats in a game, I have no reason too. I do not need stats to brag with or prove a point.

     

    I sometimes just go play with nothing but the worst weapons of the game just for fun. If I happen to do bad that game, oh well. If I do well, then it was a bonus at that point; but nothing that maters that much.

     

    When I want to tryhard, I will use the cheapest guns in the game and troll everyone in the match like the DragonTroll I can be.

     

    Yet if I get trolled upon I do not care either, for its fair play as far as I am concerned; beacuse I could do the same back the next match if I chose to do so.

  • 11,502. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    asasa

    Do you even read the posts or just troll trialstar?

     

    Giving a weapon a niche - however small it be... doesnt even close to guarantee balance. But it gives the weapon a reason to exist...

  • 11,503. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

    You can always jump off a cliff for fun.

    If the sync issues are not fixed weapon balance means nothing. It will always come down to who is not on the s**t end of the connection.

  • 11,504. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

    ILikeLaglessGames wrote:

     

    So what kind of player are you?  A player with no skill that abuses the best weapons or a player with skill that uses the difficult weapons?  A lot of the problems people have trusting what you say may come from the fact that you refuse to show who you are as a player. Do you use the weapons that require more skill or the ones that require less?  I personally use both, although I use the ones that are easier more often.  Spartan11752 is my gamer tag if you want to check where I fall.

     

    Gotta give you props with the variety of weapons you use.

     

    Over 3000 kills with the AA-12?....I could only manage 300 until I gave up on it despite levelling it up to Damage & Range.

     

    I wish I could come across more players like you who play for variety, not for stats.

  • 11,505. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

    MW3 hacked on PS3?

     

  • 11,506. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dastealth

    CMR Hack. Either that or its the glitch where you load a custom gametype into a public match (Not telling people how its done due to people who would try it...) I have never done this but I would be assuming it would be similar as this type of hack/glitch is also going around on xbox atm.

  • 11,507. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

    dastealth wrote:

     

    CMR Hack. Either that or its the glitch where you load a custom gametype into a public match (Not telling people how its done due to people who would try it...) I have never done this but I would be assuming it would be similar as this type of hack/glitch is also going around on xbox atm.

     

    That's the hack Maccabi was trying to get the IW devs to action a fix via twitter.

     

    I haven't see it myself but I'm assuming it'll hit the XBOX 360 soon.

  • 11,508. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dastealth

    vims1990 wrote:

     

    dastealth wrote:

     

    CMR Hack. Either that or its the glitch where you load a custom gametype into a public match (Not telling people how its done due to people who would try it...) I have never done this but I would be assuming it would be similar as this type of hack/glitch is also going around on xbox atm.

     

    That's the hack Maccabi was trying to get the IW devs to action a fix via twitter.

     

    I haven't see it myself but I'm assuming it'll hit the XBOX 360 soon.

    Already has hit public Xbox 360 lobbies... Not too many thankfully because they still haven't worked out the full workarounds yet. This is when the team should stop them hopefully.

  • 11,509. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    markocc


    trialstardragon wrote:

     

    Because there is no reason too, if you do not like the weapon then use it yourself too. Not every weapon needs a niche.

     

    there will always be one weapon in each group that will out perform the rest of that group in almost all situations.

     

    There will awlays be one weapon that will out perform almost every other weapon in the game.

     

    The reason why is these are the weapons that the rest of the game is balanced against. So their stats are hardly ever changed once the other guns are balanced against them. It has always been this way, and they have no real reason to ever change.

     

     

    I really don't things need to be this way or should be this way. There is simple ways to balance guns and give them their own strengths and weaknesses and this game fails miserably at doing so.

     

    A ridiculously simplified explanation would be

     

    high damage - high recoil

    low damage - low recoil

    med damage - med recoil

     

    In this game there are useless guns with low damage and high recoil in a class against a gun with high damage and low recoil. There is no way to compete with guns in that situation.

     

    There are other simple ways to balance weapons by giving them smaller/larger mags, longer/shorter reload times, better range etc. The problem with this game is that they will have one gun in a class that is better than every other gun in the same group at almost everything.