1 1,142 1,143 1,144 1,145 1,146 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,430. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    GinFTW

LOL for everyone who wants the shotguns buffed, you got your wish.  The masterkey has apparently been buffed. See Link.  Good Job IW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2er99GRzXzE&feature=g-u-u

• 11,431. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Actually shotguns are weak because of their stats, you should check COD Wiki or some other site for the manual action shotgun stats. Without damage, they're about as consistent at getting one shot kills as the M1014 from COD4 without stopping power (except the M1014 was semi-automatic).

Also, I thought it was pretty clear what people wanted with the Dragunov. It seems to me Infinity Ward's staff do not actually read the forums.

• 11,432. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

GinFTW wrote:

LOL for everyone who wants the shotguns buffed, you got your wish.  The masterkey has apparently been buffed. See Link.  Good Job IW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2er99GRzXzE&feature=g-u-u

I could probably settle for that to be honest. But I'm betting they'll nerf it back to its former borderline uselessness soon enough, whilst taking months to push out any sort of reasonable buff for the rest of the useless weapons, *cough, cough* the Dragunov.

• 11,433. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

I'm guessing that buff was a mistake to be honest.  Quick question though.  Has anyone else kept track of how many mistakes have been made in hotfixes/title updates?

• 11,434. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

I think this is the third time its happened, although that excludes all the little buffs/nerfs given to weapons whilst using certain attachments at launch.

• 11,435. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

nuttin2say wrote:

Moabmauler wrote:

The PKP and MG36 should recieve some sort of boost so they are not outclassed by the L86.

I'm surprised you would consider the L86 a "better" LMG than either the PKP or MG36 or any other LMG for that matter. The L86 is deadly, no doubt. But my experience is that the L86 really needs to be used from a prone position to be as effective as other LMGs.

The best LMGs I've seen for use from a crouching or standing position (for running & gunning) are the PKP and MK46. The rest of them are so-so unless used from the prone position. All of them can be used from any position, but if you want to  get the most bang for the buck, LMGs have to be used prone.

LMGs are an over-looked class. Worse, most people using them try to run & gun only with them. Took me a while to figure out how to use these guns, but since figuring out how important being prone is with these guns ... definitely none of them need a buff.

In your experience, but the stats seem to disagree with you. Its the other LMGs that need to go prone, not the L86. The recoil on the L86 is superior to the other LMGs. The M60 and the MK46 do have slight advantages over the L86, being the M60 has a 2 hit kill range and the MK46 having a slightly higher RoF, though I personally feel these too are outclassed by the L86. The MG36 does a slight advantage of a slightly faster reload over the L86, but this in no way makes up for the tremendously higher recoil and lower rate of fire. The PKP has NO advantage over the L86 what so ever, which brings me to my point. Just to let you know, they should NOT fix this by nerfing the L86. Its a fairly balanced weapon all guns considered. They should however give the MG36 and PKP a boost to make them competive against the L86. I've already posted before how I think this should be done.

• 11,436. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Hello all,

As PS3 players know we've had a fairly hectic day today. The latest PS3 update caused issues with everyone's ability to match make. Normal service was resumed as of a couple of hours ago. We sincerely apologize for the disruption this caused.

The first page sticky of this thread has been refreshed to detail the changes implemented in this update,

For regular followers of this thread today's PS3 update is separate from that which contains the matchmaking improvements I have been discussing on this thread recently. The update which includes these changes is still anticipated to go live across all platforms within the next couple of weeks. We are awaiting confirmation of first party approval before we can give you a clear ETA.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 11,437. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

I see the Dragunov finally got balanced. Not as I hoped, but.. Oh well.

Please GHANDI... If there's anything you can do to convince Treyarch to give us the gametuning patch, it would be appreciated. We haven'tgotten a gametuning patch since February IIRC, and we've missed out on further nerfing of mp pistols, infinite range on LMGs, sitrep/deadsilence, and now Dragunov  buff and deadman's hand nerf. .___.

You guys could have at least made the Dragunov OSOK to the head, and maybe the neck with a silencer.. sigh.

• 11,438. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

ElMatadorY wrote:

Sorry, how exactly was the Dragunov 'buffed'? Reduced idle sway? Faster centerspeed? Or just slightly decreased recoil?

Last month G IH A IN ID II said it was a recoil and kick reduction, but that he'd have to confirm that that was what was actually done.  With that news, several people made a point that the weapons team missed the point of the complaints, but I don't recall Ghandi ever addressing that issue.  (Unfortunately, the forum's search function still doesn't function properly, so the only way to do a proper search is to manually look at each page.)

Back in April, Ghandi said "We shall begin testing of new Dragunov stats that buff the weapon but do not break the intra sniper class balance."  That perhaps should have been a warning sign itself, at least if you read it as the devs saying that they believed there was already an intra sniper class balance.

• 11,439. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    ChestSplittah

@G IH A IN ID II:

Thanks again.