24 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 6:05 PM by ForestGump RSS

CREATE A CLASS 3.0?

SvL98

There is a leaked create a class 3.0 system, I think its real! Treyarch deleted it immediately.

How it works: You got 10 points (or more or less, I dont know.) then is for EXAMPLE a  primary weapon 3 points, secundary 2, attachments 1, perk 1, equipment 1, grenade 1, and tactical 1. Then you can start with zero weapons and a lot perks or more weapons and no perks and so on.

I think this is a VERY nice idea! Let me know what you think!

• Re: CREATE A CLASS 2.0!
    robbierocket

It is nice, yes. Change your thread title to CREATE A CLASS 3.0? and you'll get a bunch of responses. Also where the **** do you get 90% real from. Something is either real or not, and no % can be attributed to something you're unsure about. Perhaps you mean "I believe this is the real thing".

• Re: CREATE A CLASS 3.0?

I also heard of this. I'm just hoping that the Secondary isn't 2 points, but 1. Because if it's 2, 80% of the players will replace it with 2 perks.

robbierocket

Well, let's have a look at this logically and spread 10 points across a Black Ops class set-up.

Primary

Secondary

Perk1

Perk2

Perk3

Lethal

Tactical(s)

Equipment

Primary attachment

This suggests all are 1 point except Primary which is 2 points. It may be that each lethal is 1 point so people could conceivably load up on frags, maybe the same or similiar for the Tactical(s). The same would go for Primary attachments, who knows about Secondary attachments.

I would also imagine restrictions on certain combinations or limits to quantity of some things. I suppose Lethal/Tacticals would max out at 4-5, Perks at 5-6, Primary attachments at 2-3, Equipment at 2-3.

Using this notion I could make the following classes:

BOMBER

Primary-LMG+grip (2+1)

Perk1-ExplosivePerk (1)

Perk2-Flak Jacket (1)

Lethal-Fragx3 (3)

Equipment-Claymorex2 (2)

STEALTH ASSASSIN

Secondary-MachinePistol+silencer (1+1)

Perk1-StealthPerk (1)

Perk2-AirHiddenPerk (1)

Perk3-SilentPerk (1)

Perk4-SpeedPerk (1)

Perk5-FastDownsightPerk (1)

Perk6-Scavenger (1)

Tactical-Concussion(s) (1)

Equipment-ThrowingSomething (1)

ELITE RIFLEMAN

Primary-Semi-autoAR+RDS+silencer+extramags (2+1+1+1)

Secondary-Launcher (1)

Perk1-StealthPerk (1)

Perk2-AirHiddenPerk (1)

Perk3-SomeTacticalPerk (1)

Equipment-Claymore (1)

avengedyesterday

robbierocket wrote:

Well, let's have a look at this logically and spread 10 points across a Black Ops class set-up.

Primary

Secondary

Perk1

Perk2

Perk3

Lethal

Tactical(s)

Equipment

Primary attachment

This suggests all are 1 point except Primary which is 2 points. It may be that each lethal is 1 point so people could conceivably load up on frags, maybe the same or similiar for the Tactical(s). The same would go for Primary attachments, who knows about Secondary attachments.

I would also imagine restrictions on certain combinations or limits to quantity of some things. I suppose Lethal/Tacticals would max out at 4-5, Perks at 5-6, Primary attachments at 2-3, Equipment at 2-3.

Using this notion I could make the following classes:

BOMBER

Primary-LMG+grip (2+1)

Perk1-ExplosivePerk (1)

Perk2-Flak Jacket (1)

Lethal-Fragx3 (3)

Equipment-Claymorex2 (2)

STEALTH ASSASSIN

Secondary-MachinePistol+silencer (1+1)

Perk1-StealthPerk (1)

Perk2-AirHiddenPerk (1)

Perk3-SilentPerk (1)

Perk4-SpeedPerk (1)

Perk5-FastDownsightPerk (1)

Perk6-Scavenger (1)

Tactical-Concussion(s) (1)

Equipment-ThrowingSomething (1)

ELITE RIFLEMAN

Primary-Semi-autoAR+RDS+silencer+extramags (2+1+1+1)

Secondary-Launcher (1)

Perk1-StealthPerk (1)

Perk2-AirHiddenPerk (1)

Perk3-SomeTacticalPerk (1)

Equipment-Claymore (1)

If you got the standard route everything will most likely cost 1 point. To get the same set up one would use in other call of dutys.

Standard set up

Primary weapon +1

Secondary weapon +1

One attachment on each weapon +2

Perk 1 +1

Perk 2 +1

Perk 3 +1

Equipment +1

Grenade +1

Tactical +1

That's 10 points.

In the sake of balance It would be safe to assume adding another primary weapon will cost more than one point, adding more than 3 perks will cost more than one point, same deal with equipment. I can see adding an extra grenade or tactical grenade only costing a point.

robbierocket

Yeah, it was a work in progress - post. You could be right, I could be right, we both could be wrong, it's not matter, the point was more to see how it could play out.

ForestGump

Yea that sounds about right. This idea is awesome and I hope they stick with it but they need to base the points off of gun performance campared to all the other weapons because some Submachine guns and LMG's and also Sniper rifles are better than certain weapon types and making all the primaries the same price is kind of stupid. They need to base it off of performance like I said. Sniper rifles should be the most because they are one shot kills most of the time and make single shot weapons like the MK cost the same or close to a sniper rifle. With the submachine guns some are better than assault rifles so they need to cost more than those guns. The same for LMG's the kick on those are more than any other gun the power is less or more and you run slow with one so it sould cost less than some weapons. So making all the weapons cost the same is rediculous. If you want to run those guns with a lot of power then you should have to pay the price for that, and if you want to run a weaker gun like mabe an LMG you should be able to spend more to make up for the lack of abilities with that weapon. If you look at it it still evens out the same its just if you want the best stuff you are going to have to spend more for it its like buying a real gun in a way. 

jeepchick

Sounds pretty nifty to me if it's true. I was overwhelmed with all the load out choices in MW3. It made it hard to tweak my class because I was never sure what combination worked best, and there were so many options that would change my performance drastically.

Although MW3 has nothing on the TCGR create a class. That thing makes me dizzy!

So I can use all my accolation points on guns and have no perks?

robbierocket

We don't know the limits yet, but in principle, yes. I'm guessing you can have zero perks if you so choose, as for no Primary, no Secondary and no knife, I really don't know.

It's quite possible though that until you equip items, you have an unarmed default soldier with nothing (not even perks), and I doubt there will be an obligation to use all the points. All this suggests you could run "naked"...

They may change it so it can't be OP but im definitly hoping they do something of the sort. Call of duty is something NEW.

robbierocket

It's Treyarch's forté to get balancing right and I think they'll be brilliant with the new "Create a Class". I'm more concerned by the matchmaking.

bloodysky

I like idea of the point system create-a-class. This means I can pick how I want to play. I personally forget I still have my grenades (lethal and/or tactical) half the time when I should use them, and usually just waste them when I do remember I have them. So now I can have a few classes where I don't have any grenades so I can have better weapons or more perks.

Hopefully this also means that now you either need to A) Pull out your knife before you can actually use it or B) Knife is now equipment or a secondary weapon. Because I heard from someone, who apparently got to try out some Black Ops II multiplayer, that you can have nothing but perks and run around with a knife so when you finally get a kill to get a gun, you can be a killing machine since you have all those perks. This leads me to believe that you might actually have to pull out your knife before you can use it, because I doubt Treyarch would make classes that start with only a knife see only their empty hands (or nothing at all) on their screen. So I am thinking HOPEFULLY knifing will be like the ballistic knifes in Black Ops, where you actually got to pull them out in order to use them. Oh man, I certaintly hope so.

robbierocket

I know what you meant and I hope so too. Your post was misleading near the end though.

"This leads me to believe that you might actually have to pull out your knife before you can use it, because I doubt Treyarch would make classes that start with only a knife see only their empty hands (or nothing at all) on their screen."

If Treyarch would NOT show nothing at all including empty hands, this would imply that Treyarch would show a knife, and therefore not require it to be pulled out.

That was what I read from you.

when the pentagon thief robs you of your pistol in zombie map five, you have nothing in the 1st person perspective, if you see someone in this situation in the 3rd person perspective it looks like they are holding a knife as if it is a gun!

robbierocket

The laws of COD. Nice.

Sas-quatch84

Im really liking this new idea for a point system to be in place. However, i think that this may lead to some combos that are way OP. Even if 3arc does limit certian perk combos, i think that some things are going to be exploited ( as always ) in a manner that they didnt account for. Are we going to be able to run around and pick up weapons from the bodies just lying around? If so, then that would mean people can load up on nothing but perks and then at the start of a match they would go hide and wait for a few ppl to be killed off then run out and pick up a random gun and start playing. No one will know for sure until the game is out but there are ppl out there right now plotting a way and thinking up ideas on how to exploit this system. And im sure that there is going to be a new perk that every hates/loves as we did with ghost. Only time will tell but theres alot to think about and look forward to.