1 1,137 1,138 1,139 1,140 1,141 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,380. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

so when i run around around a corner and i sSTILL get killed, even though im already behind the wall a fair amount, thats my connection doing that??..cuz it really pisses me of when im getting shot at and i run behind a an external corner of a building or hide behind a wall, and i get killed...on the killcam it shows me knowwhere NEAR behind the wall, in fact hes screen shows me just getting to the wall to hide...so is that my fault or the hosts fault?

• 11,381. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    iigallowsii

that is the game basically rewinding and showing from the hosts point of view. that is the problem with this game it gets out of sync and puts players ahead of you. What you see on your screen isn't what the game is interpreting happened.

If maccabi is around he could explained it much better than I could. Basicly the dude who killed you is milliseconds ahead of you according to the game so you don't have a chance in the gun fight.

• 11,382. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    maccabi

TriggerHappyClown wrote:

I know 48 IW employee gamertags.  2500 total pump shotgun kills.  2000 of which are on 4 people.  I am speechless.

im disputing this based on the fact i doubt iw has 48 staff unless you count the admin staff and general dogsbodies who have no input in game design

• 11,383. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Look up the Infinity ward clan.  It is entirely populated by IW employees.  Seriously this is just disturbing.

• 11,384. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Snipingdbag

iigallowsii wrote:

that is the game basically rewinding and showing from the hosts point of view. that is the problem with this game it gets out of sync and puts players ahead of you. What you see on your screen isn't what the game is interpreting happened.

If maccabi is around he could explained it much better than I could. Basicly the dude who killed you is milliseconds ahead of you according to the game so you don't have a chance in the gun fight.

How do they explain a gun that should do 350 plus damage with "damage" only cuddling people cqb with shots hit center mass? IW your game is a complete JOKE.

The real ping of people shows the first second the game starts when pressing select, it then camouflages it. This game is a lagvest, people with good pings and upload speeds, get fcked do to your retarded lag comp and matchmaking system, people with the right settings and the host, pure insanity, unless we manage to find a decent local lobby, we get raped by laggy players who kill us well behind corners and instantly, while we are shooting marshmallows.

• 11,385. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bubbacake

They aren't going to do anything about it though. It's clear as mud.

The whole idea of trying to make everyone on equal footing is foolish. For some reason I am reminded of Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park and his chaos theory, specifically his analogy with the pool table and how the little variations like the surface of the pool table can have big effects on where the ball will end up.

It's the same thing here, in fact with any connection system. Those little things like what kind of wire you might be using, whether you are wired or wireless, what your ping is, etc.. You just can't do it. It will never happen and any attempt to do so results in disaster and more harm than good being done. That's the truth.

• 11,386. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    iigallowsii

yeah I agree COD4 and MW2 run so much better than MW3 and even BLOPS i have had the same droped fframe rate running through mud when hosting on BLOPS. same with the sync issues I just think treyarch had a better matchmaking system so it was more tolerable once they patched that game.

I just wish we could go back to MW2 matchmaking and lag comp once they patched mw2 it played perfect for the most part.

• 11,387. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    JBurn244

It's true, MW2 runs great. Even Ground War (GROUND WAR) is usually better than regular game modes in MW3 (for me, at least). The last two times I have hopped on MW3 to see how much I could tolerate, I've had at least one match out of 3 or 4 that have crazy rubberbanding.

Wish we could rally the troops somehow and get the MW2 player count up!

I still have some crappy connectivity/hit detection/sync problems on MW2 from time to time, but its to be expected on a 3 year old game.

Just avoid the nerds running OMA/DC tubes and window camping and its a great time!

• 11,388. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    risensei

Explain why it hasn't happened to me ONCE on BF3 or Ghost Recon? I'm waiting.........

• 11,389. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    ChestSplittah

The 1.15 patch for PS3 just broke the game. 1 match. 1 match is all that is available. Seriously? Wow.