14 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 10:59 AM by TheHonch RSS

Overpower overposts

CowboySr

Everytime I hear someone crying about something a weapon needing something done to it I think of this video...

• Re: Overpower overposts
    Thedestoyer

No kidding. It is getting very old. Very old indeed.

gallp13

Havent been on this forum for a while. Folks still grizzling about OP guns this late in the season?

DaRyuujin

Unfortunately the posts will never stop because IW will never properly balance guns :/ its just a fact anytime that one or 2 guns clearly have an advantage over other guns in its category (or worst yet guns out side of their category that should out perform them) then there will be posts about OP guns

CowboySr

OMG this is what Im talking about DaRyuujin. Who cares. What do we want the guns to all be the same? We shouldnt. If theyre all the same then why even have different guns? This is the whole point. And I guarantee that  if you go to elite, the order of all of your weapons ranked by K/D arent exactly the same as your friends. 

It doesnt matter. Everyone can use the same guns, theres no advantage to one person. In the end it comes down to your skill, and your connection in many cases, the same as its been on all of the cods.

TheHonch

Yeah, this topic rings true to me, too.  It seems like people don't realize how freaking boring the game would be if every gun had the exact same specs.  Why not just give everyone an ACR and call it a day.

To me, balance doesn't mean every gun balances every other gun out.  Folks, it can't work that way, it shouldn't work that way.  Balance is really a system in which everyone has equal opportunity to deliver equal amounts of destruction.  Don't complain about balance when, after losing a match, you could simply create a class with whatever gun that person used to destroyed you to stay competitive.  Other options include backing out and joining a new party.  Either way you shake it, you have the power!  In that way, this game is perfectly balanced.  No one has an unfair advantage.  End o' story.

CowboySr

This is my point. I remember this guy crushing me with an Usas on lockdown. So afterwards I didnt go to the forums asking for a rebalance. I set up a class with it. Unlocked all the attachments, and guess what, I still sucked with it. Turns out it wasnt the gun, it was me, or the connection in the room. But every time they rebalance, I have to learn what Im good with all over again. Ridiculous.

zvers

What about Bob! What a classic! IMO, it's lag and crap spawns that are the crux of the issues. Weapons can be "made" good by simply changing your play style a bit. Simple as that.

I don't know if there are any really over powered guns but there are a ton of underpowered guns.  They have a large rebalance planned in the near future to buff up a bunch of the lowest performing weapons..

ctrl-s

Pretty much goes for  overposting in general. Especially posts with lots of exclamation marks, all caps, and posted multiple times across multiple forums. eg:

"CHECK OUT MY AWESOME 9999-0 GAMEPLAY!!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I'M DOING TRICKS!!!! SUBSCRIBE!!!! AAAAAGGHHHH!!!"

or

"JOIN OUR CLAN!!!! WE ARE THE BEST EVAR!! CHECK US OUT!!! WE ARE SUPER HARD TO JOIN BUT WE LOVE TO SPAM FORUMS YAYYYY!!!!111one ALSO WATCH OUR VIDEO AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!"

or

"I HATE THIS THING SO I AM GOING TO WRITE A NOVEL ABOUT IT AND HOPE THAT SOMEONE SEES IT AND CHANGES IT FOR ME INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CONTACT SUPPORT DIRECTLY ALSO I HATE PUNCTUATION PS WATCH MY VIDEOS AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!"

or

"MY CAT LAUNCHER HAS FLEAS GLITCH, CHECK IT OUT!!! CAN I GET SOMEONE TO PUT MY CAT IN THE GAME??!!! IW FIX THIS!!!! SUBSCRIBE TO MY CAT VIDEOS!!!"

etc.

Although, if these were actual topics, it might be more entertaining. LL

PS. Go Kings.