40 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 8:09 AM by allyn75 RSS

Gamestop.

Anybody know the trade in value of MW3 at gamestop? I wanna trade it in for BF3, want to know how much cash to bring with me.

• Re: Gamestop.
    Thedestoyer

This is really a thread? Really?

Yes it is really a thread. I called gamestop but they said they no longer give that info over the phone. So just wondering if anyone knew what the trade value is. Why is it so wrong to want to trade a bad game in? And why is so wrong to want to know how much the trade in value is?

jwaller123

My guess would be 10-15 bucks (if your lucky). You always lose big time when trading in games. BF3 is only 40 bucks at wal-mart and that is WITH the online pass. I just bought it a week or two ago. I will say that the game play is a heck of a lot slower and it got pretty old pretty quick for me. I think I wasted 40 bucks. If you have played it before and like it better, then have it.

scolia5044

Traded mine in back in jan for this same reason it couldn't keep me away from cod i found the LMG's the most effective weapon on that game the graphics weren't enough

stonculd

Probably around $20. I recently picked up BF3 to give it another try because of issues with this game that I have rectified and BF3 sucks so bad! I could go into all the reasons I hate it but won't because it would be too long winded. Maybe it will be your cup of tea but it sure as hell isn't mine. Ok maybe I will hate just a little bit. Everyone says the graphics are better but I didn't think they were. Also you can go for a bit in a game without seeing another player so if you don't mind waiting around to probably get killed because the controls are too sensitive for crouch/prone or melee depending on how you have the layout set up so everytime you get into a gun battle you go prone or try to knife the guy shooting at you. Have fun see ya! Oh BTW if you trade on criagslist you could probably get BF3 and $10 in cash if they used the code. don't buy used from Gamestop because the code will be used and it will cost you an extra $10 to get online and by the time you do that you could have bought new. One more thing when you realize that BF3 is lame you can't hardly give that game away because no one wants it.

I have had BF3 before so still have my code. And I feel that BF3 by far is 1000 times better then MW3. Yes the maps are 1000 times bigger, and yes it can seem to be running at a much slower pace. But you don't have lag comp, a bad spawn system, and I must say I have yet to come across a mod or hack of any kind. Oh and don't forget that you get more support for the game.

stonculd

Yeah the spawn systems great you spawn at your base and when the other team drives your team back to the base they have a shooting gallery! BF3 is trying so hard to be CoD it's not even funny adding a "premium" service as an afterthought becaue they saw these guys do it first, oh and not to mention CQC mode sound familiar? CoD Killer indeed.

Lol you can also spawn on your squadmates. I can say that I never came across where I was ever trapped in our base spawn. Also I have had just randomly spawn behind me to shoot me in the back. And Last time I have checked BF is nothing like CoD. BF annouced their battlelog well before CoD annouced elite.

stonculd

I didn't say battle log I am talking about Battlefield Premium service. Maybe you should have watched E3 where they announced it as well as Close Quarters Combat gametype. They are so Johnny come latley it's not even funny.

Lol I like how you think CoD invented everything. But outside of maybe premium there is nothing that BF has copied from CoD.

stonculd

Oh yeah because Battlelog was a paid service and included all DLC? I am not saying that CoD invented all of it. I just think that the moves that they are making with Battlefield 3 are obvious copies in response to what these guys are doing just before. It's pretty shameless really. All these games take what they are from great games in the past and I realize that innovation in this genre is rare to say the least. I just think that they are copying a business model of a company that is more succesfull and seems for the time being to have better ideas about how to make the almighty Dollar. the truth hurts I know.

If you are refering to battlelog and elite I must point that BF3 and their was annouced before MW3 and elite was, and also came out before MW3 and elite did. So like I said outside of battfield premium there is nothing at all that BF has copied from CoD. Also I must point out that BF has been around longer then Cod.

azn_chic

stonculd wrote:

Oh yeah because Battlelog was a paid service and included all DLC? I am not saying that CoD invented all of it. I just think that the moves that they are making with Battlefield 3 are obvious copies in response to what these guys are doing just before. It's pretty shameless really. All these games take what they are from great games in the past and I realize that innovation in this genre is rare to say the least. I just think that they are copying a business model of a company that is more succesfull and seems for the time being to have better ideas about how to make the almighty Dollar. the truth hurts I know.

The only thing CoD invented was Elite, a paid service that barely functions. EA and Battlefield took that idea, and made it work. Everything BF3 advertised is in great working condition. They aren't scrambling to get their sh*t together to try to get a fully operational product out 7 months after that product was released like Elite is currently attempting to do...

jwaller123

I thought I was the only one that did that in a gun fight. That is the BIGGEST problem I have with BF3. If I could fix that it prob wouldn't be so bad.

stonculd

Yeah I think it's pretty common. People say you stop doing it after awhile but with all the other drawbacks to the game I didn't want to wait around and see. One of the things I did like to do was sit on the anti aircraft guns and blow people out of the sky. Seemed like no one got on those things ever.

Please tell me you are not this dumb. Gamestop values are done just like any other company in the world. The values of the products are different based off the market they are located in. MW3 might be $5 at my local Gamestop, but might be $3 in your local Gamestop. Just get up off your lazy ass and go to the store with your game. You have already decided that your experience with the game has sucked and that you want to get rid of it.

And please in the future think before you post anything on the internet. It makes you look unintelligent to the entire world.

stonculd

Actually I think in the mainland US all the Gamestop prices are pretty standard the only way I see anything costing more is if you are in Hawaii, or Alaska due to shipping. I know that the prices are the same as they are online in my Gamestop after you add postage.

scolia5044

If you think about it they are trying too be like COD with this BF3 premium and close quarters map

allyn75

seriously? You kids are gonna sit and argue about who copied who? Let's not forget Novalogic who started with Delta force;  the online FPS games in 98 (along with Ubisoft and Rainbow six), before Halo even existed (2001). These are the people who started it all. The problems have all started from the beginning....to spawn killing, to glitching the game, to boosting, to weapon balancing.

This all started before xbox live was even around (4 years later). The point is, game developers have been copying eachother and improving the system for years. No point arguing about who started it, it will continue regardless.

mudd1280

you should really try and sell it on Craigslist. you will get more and gametrap wont make any money off of it. and if you cant sell it on there then you should try and sell it at a local game store. it helps a family that lives in your area and not a Corparation

azn_chic

@RblDestro

If you have an Amazon account, you can trade games into them. They'll pay for shipping too, just gotta get a box to send the game in. Pretty decent trade-in value. My fiance does it for games we don't play anymore. Try it

BF3 is not trying to be like MW3 EA has Medal of Honor for that. So can you all stop saying that there  copying this or that, also lets be real here video games have been around now for what 30-40 years so I think the all copy off each other, who cares if the end product is good.

Nice Troll...