10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 5:19 AM by alexjt22 RSS

Rapid Fire

bonfire5

Can this stop being an attachment? Or at least become an attachment for all weapons? Given the power and fire rate of SMG's in these games already, do they really need a buff?

• Re: Rapid Fire

Support, support, f*cking support.

The rate of fire of fully automatic and burst-fire weapons should remain static, with any perks/attatchments that affect it permanently removed from the game. The only place a rapid fire ability should have is be with bolt-actions, as that is a rate that can actually be increased in real life depending on the proficiency of the shooter with the actual bolt-action mechanic.

The only attatchments that should ever affect gun statistics is a silencer - range, a grip - recoil, or a barrel/butt modification - mobility/recoil. Power should never be affected unless the bullet penetrates a material, is fired from long ranges or (god forbid this mechanic is ever implimented) different bullet casings such as hollow points are used.

ChestSplittah

I think it should only be on Pistols.

i agree. i hate getting outgunnd by someone using the same weapon as me and the only reason they won that gun fight was because they had rapid fire.

avengedyesterday

Rapid fire was fine in blackops IMO.

Perks and attachments are fine when they are balanced properly. Rapid fire in MW3 had no draw backs it added minimal recoil and most of the SMGs had enough ammo capacity to not have to worry about that either.

ghamorra

I agree, SMGs already have unrealistically high accuracy and low recoil. Rapid Fire only magnifies the advantage they have over every other weapon

ChestSplittah

That things I despised about MW2. UMP + Bling+RF+FMJ... Why even have a option for RF on SMGs? They are already firing a crap load of bullets.

ghamorra

The only thing I can see rapid fire on is a single shot weapon like the Mk14, LMG (that's pushing it) or a pump shotty

ChestSplittah

Semi auto..yes, LMG...no. just my opinion. It is already a machine gun. With a serious amount of damage dealt, well at least should be.

Aecetym

I'm a huge user of LMG and the RF option is barly used by me, only on the M60 cause of the low rate of fire and slow respons of the gun. A LMG is as it should be fast, putting RF just makes it uncontroleble.

The SMG should be downpowered to a point the are totally nerved. A SMG should not be able to win of a assault rifle from distance, only up close. Also it feels like u have build in perks in the SMG in MW3, u move that much faster with a SMG then with an other gun (no extreem conditioning), also will u aim (no stalker) and the hipfire is that much more accurate then aiming with a assault rifle.

To me the assault rifles should get rapidfire but not the SMG's or no guns at all.

alexjt22

I've been saying this for a while now as SMGs without that attachment already dominates close to medium range but with rapid fire they become borderline OP from extreme close range which shotguns should dominate but dont because of rapid fire all the way up to medium range. It also rewards sprayers too much which im never a fan of