9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 5:27 PM by r8edtripx RSS

Sacred cows are gone.

http://t.co/qSmwm13O  <-------------------------- LINK (must read)

http://kiwi6.com/file/4gnsyfv4fo <----------------- Podcast

• Re: Sacred cows are gone.
    xblbw

Sounds sweet, I would  think there would need to be some limitations to keep things sensible on the perk side.

It will be interesting to see how things play out without perks.

gallp13

Wow thanks for the link......this seems like an awesome innovation.....i'd say Garnet Lee will be in the poo for outing this detail.

If this knowledge takes off I would say 3arc will be making announcements shortly.

ghamorra

Hopfully this is a gamemode, because if this system does pan out then I can see this game failing

theatriks

Create-a-Class 3.0

Sounds like it's taking the place of Creat-a-Class all together.

What are you concerned about with this system?

ghamorra

Like most CoD idea the Devs come out with there's always a few bugs or a something that was overlooked. Something that impacts the game as much as creating a class 3.0 needs to be tested by the fans.

avengedyesterday

ghamorra wrote:

Like most CoD idea the Devs come out with there's always a few bugs or a something that was overlooked. Something that impacts the game as much as creating a class 3.0 needs to be tested by the fans.

I can promise you this much they will not make it so you couldn't mimic 'create a class' like previous titles. Most likely you still can grab a primary, secondary with some attachments, three perks, grenade, and equipment. This just opens the door to do more with it. If you don't want a secondary weapon you can use the point for something else. If you don't need a third perk you can grab something else.

r8edtripx

avengedyesterday wrote:

ghamorra wrote:

I can promise you this much they will not make it so you couldn't mimic 'create a class' like previous titles. Most likely you still can grab a primary, secondary with some attachments, three perks, grenade, and equipment. This just opens the door to do more with it. If you don't want a secondary weapon you can use the point for something else. If you don't need a third perk you can grab something else.

I definitely agree with you that they'll make it so that you can still mimic your "classic" loadouts.

I've seen so many threads where people suggest that a way to stop too many people from using certain "OP" perks is to put them in the same slot as other very valuable perks.  I'm curious as to how a point system class setup would stop this from happening. Would certain perks cost more points? (this is all assuming they're getting rid of perk tiers)

It's going to be interesting to see.

This is going to be awesome. You can have complete customization now, choose exactly what you need and dont need. An excellent idea.