1 1,127 1,128 1,129 1,130 1,131 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,280. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

I keep lagging out of matche EVERY TIME i use the predator missle.

anyone else have this problem?

• 11,281. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

For what it's worth to dispel a misconception there is no active host disadvantage code running. I don't mean to imply that many hosts are not suffering a disadvantage, however.

In all due respect GHANDI, in the games where I'm not hosting, there are a number of host migrations/hosts signing out or dashboarding which generally means the host isn't having an enjoyable experience hosting a match.

In MW2, this wasn't the case. I could finish a majority of my matches without worrying about the game ending early or constant host migrations disrupting the flow of the game.

Whatever you guys have implemented in the next two title updates, hopefully the match will become enjoyable for players hosting but I'm not counting on it.

• 11,282. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

We fixed all the things that obviously jumped out at us as being potential culprits. We wish to proceed in a more surgical manner. For what it's worth to dispel a misconception there is no active host disadvantage code running. I don't mean to imply that many hosts are not suffering a disadvantage, however.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Ghandi,

could you answer me one question? Where does the killcam come from? My guess is that it's a replay of received local data and depicts (more or less accurate) the information my listen server/client/console had before I got killed. If that's right and I constantly have a large discrepancy between how I perceive my death and what killcam shows me (way larger than "more or less") then the problem is not the network speed but how fast incoming data is processed and rendered on my screen. This does show up in theatermode as well as in killcam and in my case is a delay of half a second up to two seconds (if I'm opening my ports and let the game punish me by being host).

Might give it a shot if you didn't already.

• 11,283. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Snipingdbag

TU7: Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered. Plus ability to hot fix additional tweaks based on user feedback to this change.

Lmao. 7 Plus months and hosting is still a disgrace. We are playing a beta. Sign the f-ck out every time you're host. Let them actually fix the BS insta-deaths and frame drops.

You had a plan / way to try and fix it yet you're scared to try it out? Are you people for real? Anything that might actually better this crap situation needs to happen now on ps3. I love getting 5 plus hitmarkers and dying instantly cqb.. Giving the host a disadvantage, it's so stupid, do you guys want games to end at any given moment?

& Why the hell are we still not playing locally mainly? You know maybe finally add a regional lock. <50, 60, 70 Ping lock option. Something that actually improves matchmaking.

• 11,284. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bubbacake

There's no point to MW3 for me anymore. All I see is a disc with a bunch of random code on it, not a game.

• 11,285. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Look Ghandi I'm going to tell you this again. Tell the team to fix the OHKs smaws and rpgs are doing to the juggs. If you think the jugg needs a counter the akimbo fmg9s + stuns or flashes are there for that.

• 11,286. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

BTW Ghandi, why does Elite recommend that you use a red dot sight with the model 1887 under the 44 magnums page?

• 11,287. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    asasa

OH YEAH, there's so many other routes to go at the start of the round! No biggy for 2/3rds being shut down! And the Jav's get shot off from cover most of the time, and no way you will be able to snipe them in time.

• 11,288. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    rainmaker6

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

YeahRight wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

We have not been adjusting parameters lately since we decided without the right instrumentation to empirically determine the impact of our changes in the retail environment we would be, to a large degree, shooting in the dark. We will have this information shortly.

We are also confident that many of the issues people have described in recent weeks can be laid at the door of matchmaking.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Ghandi, lets be honest. After 7 months you still haven't a clue what's messing up the game and have to implement a feature to monitor what's happening??? Apart from that additional traffic you might generate this seems llike you wasted 7 months with what? Waiting how many players will post here and there or just abandon the game? Maybe some placebo patches or even some that make everything worse? Well at least for matchmaking you wrecked the game even for solo players.

My prediction is that this game might become playable when BLOPS2 comes out. Not because you finally fixed the game but because cheaters, hackers and bottleneckers will move on to the next title. Great job.

This will not generate any extra in game traffic. The data is transferred as part of the end of game match summary.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Not an entirely forthright answer again. Regardless of when the data is transfered it has to be compiled which is CPU cycles. As if you game doesn't get choppy already on the larger maps.

• 11,289. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

So do you think a headshot with a SMAW/RPG shouldn't kill a Jugg?